The Seadog Report
Sep 30, 2005
More articles from Doug Gaskell|
Greetings Sharkfans, welcome to the latest installment of the Seadog Report! Well, some of my picks really paid off last week (A. Rolle, Kirk Morrison). I really try to look hard at the match-ups each week. Sometimes they pay off; sometimes they don’t. Take my opinions, do your homework, listen to the Sharks, and you’ll do well.
This past week’s Top Dawgs
DL Dwight Freeney IND - 5 tackles, 1 assist, 3 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.
LB Zach Thomas MIA - 9 tackles, 8 assists,1 sack, 1 pass-defensed, and 1 forced fumble.
DB Tony Parrish SF - 7 tackles, 2 assist, 2 pass-defensed, and 2 int’s.
Seadog’s picks of the week
DL Osi Umenyiora NYG vs. St. Louis I’m not convinced that the Rams have that good of an offensive line, even with Orlando Pace. I think Umenyiora and Strahan will give Bulger some headaches this week.
DL Patrick Kerney vs. Minnesota This is a match-up you can’t pass up. Play Kerney and Rod Coleman with confidence against the Vikes.
DL Julius Peppers vs. Green Bay Peppers is a stud and you normally play him every week. However, he hasn’t produced any sacks yet after 3 games. I say stick with him this week because this is a great match-up for him.
LB Odell Thurman vs. Houston Thurman has proven his worth so far - even though he’s a rookie. I think Thurman and his fellow rookie David Pollack will produce this week.
LB Nick Barnett vs. Carolina Barnett has been a bit up and down with his point production this year. I like this match-up. I think he will have a pretty good game against the Panthers.
LB Angelo Crowell vs. New Orleans Crowell is going to be replacing Takeo Spikes who is out with an Achilles injury. If he’s available on waivers, I’d grab him because he should be a more than adequate replacement.
DB Terrance Holt vs. Tampa Bay I like the way Holt plays. This may be more of a “I hope he does well” pick this week, but I’d be inclined to take a chance on him.
DB Eugene Wilson vs. San Diego Rodney Harrison is done for the year and someone needs to pick up his slack. I think Wilson is going to turn it up a notch.
DB’s Ed Reed and Wil Demps vs. NY Jets Haven’t heard much from these guys this year, but stick with them this week as they go against an inexperienced QB and a team that will need to run.
Well, that wraps up this segment of the Seadog Report. Now I’d like to introduce a new feature that we are going to bring you this year. As you may or may not know, a twelve team IDP-only league has been started this year in the Sharktank. We call it “The Wall”. It is comprised of some IDP veterans as well as some IDP “newbies”. Regardless as to IDP background, these guys all know their way around fantasy football and are showing it in this league. We’d like for you to follow along with us this year to perhaps glean some insight into the wonderful world of IDPs (plus, it will give you a good chance to make fun of yours truly)
The Wall Report (week#3)
Before the games last week, I had predicted that this would be the week the 200 point mark would be broken, and I was right! Unfortunately, that score was put up by team Decktard, my opponent this week. Congrats Decktard on your punishing victory!
WRECKS (2-1) @ SEADOG (1-2)
Deck's Wrecks, Decktard 201
Team Seadog, Seadog 162.5
- Team Seadog put up a pretty good score, but Decktard’s team was hitting on all cylinders this week. Zach Thomas and Jeremiah Trotter were huge for him.
PANACHEVITZ (0-3) @ GBALLS (3-0)
Snazzy Panazzy Panachevitz, Panachevitz 167
Team GBalls, Gballs1 191
- Gballs just keeps rolling. He’s getting points at all positions. Nice showing by Panachevitz this week, but not even close to take out the mighty Gballs’ team.
HUSSY BUS (0-3) @ BEARS (1-2)
The Hussy Bus, Hussy Bus 142
1985 Bears, SoCalIrishSports 160.5
- John Abraham and James Farrior were SoCal’s big guns this week as the Bus came up a little short.
CHARGERS (2-1) @ HAS A KILLER D (1-2)
lt1800's Chargers, lt1800 131.5
Andre the Giant Has A Killer D, DGack 127
- Lt1800, lead by Ike Taylor, pulled out a close one this week over Dgack whose comeback fell short as Champ Bailey pulled up lame.
69'ERS (2-0-1) @ LARCENY (1-1-1)
46 69'ers, SJSwarm 147
Brooklyn Larceny, CleffedUp 147
- Despite some less than stellar performances by both teams main LB corps, this was a great battle this week. It looked like Cleffed had pulled out the win, but Greg Wesley came up huge on Monday night for SJSwarm giving the league it’s first tie of the year.
DESTRUCTION (2-1) @ ROUGHNESS #42 (2-1)
Weapons of Mass Destruction, Paddler 134
Necessary Roughness #42, Johnnyballgame 170
- Paddler’s DL’s really let him down this week, but it was an extremely well-balanced team scoring effort by JBG that easily propelled him to victory. I must say, JBG left very few points on his bench last week, so kudos to him for some excellent team management.
That’s it for this week – thanks for reading!