FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 02:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sleepers/fliers 2011
PostPosted: Sat 04.09.2011, 09:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20810
Donate
ne.gif
Nick Hundley (C SD). 20HR potential from a waiver wire catcher... My league plays 2 catchers, so you're usually bogged down with some stiff at C2 that you hope doesn't kill your average. A guy like Hundley is worth grabbing

jdhowlett wrote:
Excuse me while I scrub my eyes with steel wool...

PostPosted: Sat 04.09.2011, 13:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13466
Donate
ne.gif
Bunker wrote:
I like Lowrie a ton as a Sox fan- but he will not see everyday action. He can play almost any infield position- so if there are any injuries to the Sox he will become a must-own over night. If you have a deep bench he might be worth a grab. I am holding off on him for now- I have Mike Aviles who might be dumped for Lowrie soon if Aviles doesn't get something going.

This, I believe he is possibly the SS of the future for the team, but more than likely will be a utility player for the team. They have another good SS in the minors that I believe to be the true SS of the future for them.
Fantasy wise like bunker said if there is an injury in the infield to the team grab him up quickly. Otherwise he will see a game a week is my guess, possibly more as the season gets deep to give guys days off.

PostPosted: Sun 04.10.2011, 08:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 10129
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
They have another good SS in the minors that I believe to be the true SS of the future for them.

Correct - Jose Iglesias who'll start the 2011 season in AAA Pawtucket.

PostPosted: Sun 04.10.2011, 08:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174826
Donate
dal.gif
jesteva wrote:
Quote:
They have another good SS in the minors that I believe to be the true SS of the future for them.

I have my hesitations about Iglesias, but they're more relegated to the offensive side of things. I don't think he'll ever be a fantasy factor, but everything I've read about this guy screams perennial gold glover. He'll be their SS next year.

PostPosted: Sun 04.10.2011, 11:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1615
Donate
gb.gif
marty1841 wrote:
jesteva wrote:
Quote:

I have my hesitations about Iglesias, but they're more relegated to the offensive side of things. I don't think he'll ever be a fantasy factor, but everything I've read about this guy screams perennial gold glover. He'll be their SS next year.

So where do you think that leaves Lowrie? Do they just use him for utility, or try to ship him off? Seems like a waste to not give the guy a chance at every day at bats.

Another question. Is it realistic to expect anything from Eric Hosmer this year? I'm thinking about stashing him in a keeper, but not sure I have the bench space.

PostPosted: Sun 04.10.2011, 12:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
fishfry wrote:
So where do you think that leaves Lowrie? Do they just use him for utility, or try to ship him off? Seems like a waste to not give the guy a chance at every day at bats.

Another question. Is it realistic to expect anything from Eric Hosmer this year? I'm thinking about stashing him in a keeper, but not sure I have the bench space.

either/or on lowrie. problem is there's just too much talent in that IF, and he's less talented than any of them. they could keep him around as a UTIL guy for a bit, but likely not all that long. as for hosmer, i highly doubt if he does anything this season. if he does, it'll be very late. if you're in a shallow keeper league, not really worth it.

PostPosted: Sat 04.16.2011, 11:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1615
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona has shuffled his lineup by taking struggling left fielder Carl Crawford out for Saturday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Crawford, who signed a seven-year, $142 million contract in the offseason, went 0 for 5 in Friday's 7-6 loss to the Blue Jays, dropping his average to .137.

Jed Lowrie, hitting .471 in limited playing time, was inserted into the leadoff spot and is playing shortstop.

Francona is also playing Mike Cameron in center, batting him sixth, and Darnell McDonald will be playing left and batting eighth. Those two moves are because Toronto is starting left-hander Jo-Jo Reyes.

The Red Sox enter Saturday with a major-league worst 2-10 record.

Probably not long term, but I at least found it interesting.

PostPosted: Sat 04.16.2011, 13:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13466
Donate
ne.gif
fishfry wrote:
Quote:
BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona has shuffled his lineup by taking struggling left fielder Carl Crawford out for Saturday's game against the Toronto Blue Jays.

Crawford, who signed a seven-year, $142 million contract in the offseason, went 0 for 5 in Friday's 7-6 loss to the Blue Jays, dropping his average to .137.

Jed Lowrie, hitting .471 in limited playing time, was inserted into the leadoff spot and is playing shortstop.

Francona is also playing Mike Cameron in center, batting him sixth, and Darnell McDonald will be playing left and batting eighth. Those two moves are because Toronto is starting left-hander Jo-Jo Reyes.

The Red Sox enter Saturday with a major-league worst 2-10 record.

Probably not long term, but I at least found it interesting.

If youre playing in a daily line up league Id highly recommend picking him up if you have the space to. Francona has been talking for the last week and a half of getting him more time as well as he is playing. Lowrie is one of the only guys to really be swinging the bat well (the others being Pedroia and Gonzo). If youre in a weekly line up league though it will be risky as I see him playing 2-3 times a week tops right now. More if things keep going well for him.

PostPosted: Sun 04.17.2011, 08:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
I think you're right with Lowrie having value as it relates to a deep daily league format. The Sox offense is in such a state of flux, I guess it's possible he could replace Scutaro at some point on a full time basis.

Congrats to all of you guys who have Alex Gordon. Wow.

PostPosted: Sun 04.17.2011, 10:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
jesteva wrote:
I think you're right with Lowrie having value as it relates to a deep daily league format. The Sox offense is in such a state of flux, I guess it's possible he could replace Scutaro at some point on a full time basis.

Congrats to all of you guys who have Alex Gordon. Wow.

it's been a great start for him for sure. i'm a bit saddened as i had multiple opportunities to grab him on the cheap last year, and after the season as well. as a result, i don't own him anywhere....
for his sake, i'm hoping the turnaround is legit.
thinking of the royals and their system, that team is going to be very good in 3 years regardless of gordon. but if gordon has found 'it', they'll have 4 legit bats in the middle of that lineup by 2013.

PostPosted: Sun 04.17.2011, 14:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 36912
Donate
pit.gif
I can't remember the last time I've had a more frustrating pitcher than Edison Volquez on one of my rosters.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Sun 04.17.2011, 14:58 

Sand$: 95113
Donate
LaSean4Heisman wrote:
I can't remember the last time I've had a more frustrating pitcher than Edison Volquez on one of my rosters.

He's gotten enough rope in my book, he's gotten beaten up by a 75% Brewers team, the Stros, and now the (improved offensively) Bucs. He was only mildly effective against the Pads in Petco - which says nothing. I'm benching him at St Louis and likely dropping him and streaming until I find a replacement if that goes poorly, might dump him before then if a newly annointed closer pops up.

He's got the stuff, but he doesn't know how to use it.

PostPosted: Sun 04.17.2011, 20:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 36912
Donate
pit.gif
OarChambo wrote:
LaSean4Heisman wrote:

He's gotten enough rope in my book, he's gotten beaten up by a 75% Brewers team, the Stros, and now the (improved offensively) Bucs. He was only mildly effective against the Pads in Petco - which says nothing. I'm benching him at St Louis and likely dropping him and streaming until I find a replacement if that goes poorly, might dump him before then if a newly annointed closer pops up.

He's got the stuff, but he doesn't know how to use it.

Yeah, He'll be a FA after today.. Shallow enough league to not put up with the ERA and WHIP killer. The Ks make you want to keep hope, but I'm done after today.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Mon 04.18.2011, 07:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Volquez is a head case who refuses to believe he needs to work on his mechanics to improve his control and at the slightest bit of trouble, feels he needs to strike every batter out.

I know a former Pirate who worked as a special pitching instructor for the Reds the last couple of years and he just shakes his head when it comes to Volquez and the talent he has thats' being wasted.

The legend that Sam Fuld is grows daily. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 04.18.2011, 08:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6
Donate
no.gif
jesteva wrote:
The legend that Sam Fuld is grows daily. :lol:

The legend needs to take a week off.. My opponent is running him out against me this week (along with 13 starts from the best staff in the league). I should win. But, if I lose due to a huge week from a waiver wire scrub, I might come unglued.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next