FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 15:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri 06.10.2011, 15:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 175363
Donate
dal.gif
OarChambo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
Billy Hamilton, SS (CIN) has now 31 SB on the season for Dayton of the Midwest League. 8 in the last 3 games. Problem is, he's hovering around the .200 mark. Something to keep an eye on, but the speed is ridiculous.

With his speed all he needs to be is a slapper and not a K machine and he'll produce. Made some quality picks in place of him like Homer and Scott Baker, but would feel a lot better about my MLS if I'd have gotten him too.

Hamilton now has 49 SB. 49. and he's only hitting .228. 62K is way too much for him, but he's obviously a name to keep monitoring. He's on pace to steal over 100 bases in a A ball season....which is absolutely insane.

PostPosted: Tue 06.14.2011, 07:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6723
Donate
pit.gif
It would be nice if the Reds would call up C Devin Mesoraco.

PostPosted: Tue 06.14.2011, 08:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10
Donate
no.gif
jesteva wrote:

or Yonder Alonso...

PostPosted: Tue 06.14.2011, 13:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1229
Donate
dal.gif
tha1000 wrote:
jesteva wrote:

or Yonder Alonso...

or Zack Cozart

PostPosted: Tue 06.14.2011, 19:45 

Sand$: 99540
Donate
jesteva wrote:

I disagree, the Reds are doing well with Hanigan/Hernandez behind the dish and Mesoraco isn't going to be a fantasy asset this year anyway. Catchers often struggle offensively when they come up so I'll bet the downgrade in defense from the current tandem wouldn't justify the move. He'd be better off staying down and starting the year with the club next year on the good side of a platoon with Hanigan.

Alonso though, he needs to get to the show already. Whether it's on the Reds or elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed 06.15.2011, 10:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
After losing Buster Posey, I'm in desperate need of a C in the deep 15 team two catcher Shark Yahoo League and am sitting on Mesoraco so while I agree with everything you said, I still want them to call him up. :lol:

Would you trade Devin Mesoraco for Jon Singleton?? I'm guessing yes?

PostPosted: Wed 06.15.2011, 10:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1157
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Report: Miller joining BoSox rotation: The Boston Globe reports Tuesday that the Red Sox are working on a plan in which Triple-A Pawtucket starter Andrew Miller would join the rotation. Miller has a clause in his contract that says he can opt out if not on the major league roster by Wednesday. One of the best pitchers in the International League recently, the Red Sox don't want to lose out on Miller. According to a major league source, Boston would start Miller against the Padres next week, possibly creating a six-man rotation.

Fantasy Analysis
Miller pitched 5 1/3 innings on Tuesday night against Triple-A Charlotte and allowed one run on five hits with one walk and 10 strikeouts. He has a 2.47 ERA on the year and has allowed just seven earned runs with 30 strikeouts over his last 30 1/3 innings. There is no word yet when Miller will join Boston, or when his projected debut start will be, but it is expected to come during the June 20-22 series against the Padres in Week 12 (June 20-26). Fantasy owners need to pay close attention to this situation, as Miller would be worth picking up in AL-only formats, at least, if he joins Boston's rotation. Miller could still opt out and look for a rotation spot elsewhere.
(Updated 06/14/2011).

Anything here? I would think if he sticks there's some value.

PostPosted: Wed 06.15.2011, 11:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1157
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Drabek sent back to minors: The Blue Jays optioned RHP Kyle Drabek to Triple-A Las Vegas on Tuesday. He allowed eight runs on seven hits with four walks over four-plus innings in his latest start on Sunday against Boston.

Fantasy Analysis
Drabek had gone 1-2 with a 15.30 ERA over his last three starts and is clearly in need of some work in the minors. The team has yet to announce a replacement option for him in the rotation, though they did recall Zach Stewart who had been starting in Double-A. Drabek remains a viable stashee candidate in long-term formats and AL-only leagues, but his recent struggles have taken a huge chunk out of his Fantasy appeal.
(Updated 06/14/2011).

PostPosted: Wed 06.15.2011, 18:17 

Donate
jesteva wrote:
After losing Buster Posey, I'm in desperate need of a C in the deep 15 team two catcher Shark Yahoo League and am sitting on Mesoraco so while I agree with everything you said, I still want them to call him up. :lol:

Would you trade Devin Mesoraco for Jon Singleton?? I'm guessing yes?

If everyone else valued C's like I do, yes, but people in our league hold catchers like their first born so I feel like I almost have to follow the trend or else I'll never have any. I guess if I ran into a situation in which I were starting a Daric Barton type everyday at 1B I'd do it but not unless I had a desparate need. And you know how much I like Singleton.

PostPosted: Fri 06.17.2011, 05:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
I've touted him before, and I'm going to do it again right now....

Matt Moore, TB (AA-Montgomery) threw a no-hitter last night. 11K, 2BB.

The biggest thing about this kid that worried me was his command. No longer.
77.2 IP
102 K
52H
23BB

2.43 ERA

He lead the minors in K's each of the last 2 seasons, and is right there again this year. Again, he likely won't make an impact this year....but man-I'm loving the progression

PostPosted: Fri 06.17.2011, 05:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Braves prospect Randall Delgado gets the spot start today with Hanson's issue. I'm guessing they'd have brought Julio Teheran back up but he just pitched the other day.

Moore does look good.

PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 05:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
After watching Delgado pitch last night, you can see why the "experts" have Teheran ahead of him in terms of projecting them as #1, #2 type starters and why both have a legit shot at being solid major league pitchers.

Teheran, at least at this point in their young careers, is going to generate a lot more swings and misses and in theory, a lot more K's from a fantasy point of view. I thought Delgado got "squeezed" a bit by the ump and got forced into pitching behind in the count and his stuff isn't that good at this point in relation to facing a major league lineup. Overall - Delgado looked good (love his changeup which has nice late movement which he'll throw anytime) but unless Atlanta continues to have injury issues in their rotation, we probably won't see him again this year until September.

There's a report in a Phoenix paper that Paul Goldschmidt's call up may be in the works.

PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 07:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10
Donate
no.gif
jesteva wrote:
There's a report in a Phoenix paper that Paul Goldschmidt's call up may be in the works.

Of course there is... since he is supposed to be in town next Weekend for a series against the Braves affiliate...

PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 07:38 

Donate
tha1000 wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Of course there is... since he is supposed to be in town next Weekend for a series against the Braves affiliate...

Sniped.

Been eyeing him in one league and have been holding off on dropping Eric Young for him to see if he started getting PT. Went to add him when I saw this, gone 37 mins ago. :x

PostPosted: Sat 06.18.2011, 07:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
dal.gif
Trading away goldy in SSB is still one of my biggest regrets....and he's been tearing it up all year.

Still reading conflicting reports about his potential, but damn if this year hasn't completely made me a believer.

Maybe Allen can stick as an OF now :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next