FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.01.2014, 19:21

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: David Wright...
PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 13:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6
Donate
no.gif
If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.

PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 21:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281461
Donate
den.gif
tha1000 wrote:
If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.

yeah, this is him hurt back or not

PostPosted: Wed 05.11.2011, 23:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 538
Donate
nyg.gif
tha1000 wrote:

i've heard a theory that the matt cain pitch he took to the head in 09 could have affected his approach at the plate. he's been standing farther from the plate the last couple years, but i don't know if there's a correlation anywhere in there. either way, his stance is full of holes and he gets beat way too often on the outside.

PostPosted: Thu 05.12.2011, 09:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
GRANT20 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:

i've heard a theory that the matt cain pitch he took to the head in 09 could have affected his approach at the plate. he's been standing farther from the plate the last couple years, but i don't know if there's a correlation anywhere in there. either way, his stance is full of holes and he gets beat way too often on the outside.

It's that, Hojo as hitting coach for two years, the move to Metco or a combination of the 3. All 3 coincided with the drastic increase in K's.

PostPosted: Thu 05.12.2011, 13:03 
Honorary Megalodon

Sand$: 14032
Donate
sf.gif
tha1000 wrote:
GRANT20 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:

It's that, Hojo as hitting coach for two years, the move to Metco or a combination of the 3. All 3 coincided with the drastic increase in K's.

:thumbright:

PostPosted: Fri 05.13.2011, 09:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
After yesterday, I hope Collins decides to leave Beltran in the 3 hole... at least for a little while. As a side note, I am thinking of starting a twitter campaign to convince the Mets to trade Wright and use the savings to sign Reyes to a long term deal. One of those two is built for that park and the other likes to swing at face high fastballs and hit warning track flys to the deepest part of the yard... Plus, I'm pretty convinced that a change of scenery would be a huge benefit to Wright's career.

PostPosted: Fri 05.13.2011, 09:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1615
Donate
gb.gif
tha1000 wrote:
After yesterday, I hope Collins decides to leave Beltran in the 3 hole... at least for a little while. As a side note, I am thinking of starting a twitter campaign to convince the Mets to trade Wright and use the savings to sign Reyes to a long term deal. One of those two is built for that park and the other likes to swing at face high fastballs... Plus, I'm pretty convinced that a change of scenery would be a huge benefit to Wright's career.

Quote:
Beltran belts three homers: Mets OF Carlos Beltran clubbed three homers and tied a career-high with six RBI in New York's 9-5 win over Colorado on Thursday. Beltran went deep off three different pitchers, including Rockies SP Ubaldo Jimenez in the first, to post the first three-homer game of his career and first in the majors this season. It was also the fifth time Beltran has homered from the left and right side in a game as a member of the Mets, tying him with Todd Hundley for the most in team history. Beltran finished 3 for 5 against Colorado and is now hitting .295 this year. "I never smile a lot, but I was smiling," Beltran said. "It's going to be a day I'll never forget."

Fantasy Analysis
Beltran continues to amaze despite health concerns at the beginning of the season and is now tied for 10th in the National League with 24 RBI. With David Wright (back) held out of the lineup Thursday, Beltran hit from the third spot in the batting order -- the position he has clubbed more than half of his 288 career homers. The 34-year-old slugger has now slugged five home runs in his last nine games to give him eight total this season. He has displayed unexpected durability this season and with everyday at-bats in New York's lineup, should be considered a strong OF option in the majority of Fantasy formats.
(Updated 05/12/2011).

Um, hello? Spot on tha1000, leave him at 3.

PostPosted: Fri 05.13.2011, 14:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
Rally Killer Wright back in the 3 hole today...

PostPosted: Fri 05.13.2011, 21:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
tha1000 wrote:
Rally Killer Wright back in the 3 hole today...

no kidding... did you see him slogging round the bases tonight when beltran ripped the double. damn is he slow!

PostPosted: Sun 05.15.2011, 15:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 538
Donate
nyg.gif
in addition to the holes in his swing, he's starting to put an uppercut on it. someone really needs to get in his ear. this is starting to be ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun 05.15.2011, 17:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
GRANT20 wrote:
in addition to the holes in his swing, he's starting to put an uppercut on it. someone really needs to get in his ear. this is starting to be ridiculous.

He needs to get the hell out of NYC... If I'm Alderson, I trade Wright, trade Beltran, use the money saved to sign Reyes to an extension... done and done.

PostPosted: Mon 05.16.2011, 15:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
Wright has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back... headed to the DL for quite a while.

Welcome to my starting lineup, Mr. Wilson Betemit... FML.

PostPosted: Tue 05.17.2011, 09:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1615
Donate
gb.gif
tha1000 wrote:
Wright has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back... headed to the DL for quite a while.

Thanks for the heads up. I had enough time to make the switch in my weekly league.

Here's hoping for a big week from Betemit... :food-smiley-004:

PostPosted: Tue 05.17.2011, 10:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
no.gif
fishfry wrote:
tha1000 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I had enough time to make the switch in my weekly league.

Here's hoping for a big week from Betemit... :food-smiley-004:

I need 3 more appearances at 3rd from Pujols like a crackhead needs a hit.

PostPosted: Wed 05.18.2011, 21:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
tha1000 wrote:

of course he's hurt... i've seriously never seen a team with more friggen injuries.... year after year, their entire team gets hurt and misses a significant amt of games. it's unbelievable!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next