David Wright...

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67355
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,804.07
tha1000 wrote:If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.


yeah, this is him hurt back or not
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007
Sand$: 329.36
tha1000 wrote:If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.

i've heard a theory that the matt cain pitch he took to the head in 09 could have affected his approach at the plate. he's been standing farther from the plate the last couple years, but i don't know if there's a correlation anywhere in there. either way, his stance is full of holes and he gets beat way too often on the outside.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
GRANT20 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.

i've heard a theory that the matt cain pitch he took to the head in 09 could have affected his approach at the plate. he's been standing farther from the plate the last couple years, but i don't know if there's a correlation anywhere in there. either way, his stance is full of holes and he gets beat way too often on the outside.


It's that, Hojo as hitting coach for two years, the move to Metco or a combination of the 3. All 3 coincided with the drastic increase in K's.
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Honorary Megalodon
Posts: 6240
Joined: Thu Jul 8, 2010
Sand$: 1,212.12
tha1000 wrote:
GRANT20 wrote:
tha1000 wrote:If he hadn't been trending this way for the last two years, I'd put a little more stock in the hurt back argument.

i've heard a theory that the matt cain pitch he took to the head in 09 could have affected his approach at the plate. he's been standing farther from the plate the last couple years, but i don't know if there's a correlation anywhere in there. either way, his stance is full of holes and he gets beat way too often on the outside.


It's that, Hojo as hitting coach for two years, the move to Metco or a combination of the 3. All 3 coincided with the drastic increase in K's.


:thumbright:
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
After yesterday, I hope Collins decides to leave Beltran in the 3 hole... at least for a little while. As a side note, I am thinking of starting a twitter campaign to convince the Mets to trade Wright and use the savings to sign Reyes to a long term deal. One of those two is built for that park and the other likes to swing at face high fastballs and hit warning track flys to the deepest part of the yard... Plus, I'm pretty convinced that a change of scenery would be a huge benefit to Wright's career.
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7103
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 8,238.98
tha1000 wrote:After yesterday, I hope Collins decides to leave Beltran in the 3 hole... at least for a little while. As a side note, I am thinking of starting a twitter campaign to convince the Mets to trade Wright and use the savings to sign Reyes to a long term deal. One of those two is built for that park and the other likes to swing at face high fastballs... Plus, I'm pretty convinced that a change of scenery would be a huge benefit to Wright's career.


Beltran belts three homers: Mets OF Carlos Beltran clubbed three homers and tied a career-high with six RBI in New York's 9-5 win over Colorado on Thursday. Beltran went deep off three different pitchers, including Rockies SP Ubaldo Jimenez in the first, to post the first three-homer game of his career and first in the majors this season. It was also the fifth time Beltran has homered from the left and right side in a game as a member of the Mets, tying him with Todd Hundley for the most in team history. Beltran finished 3 for 5 against Colorado and is now hitting .295 this year. "I never smile a lot, but I was smiling," Beltran said. "It's going to be a day I'll never forget."

Fantasy Analysis
Beltran continues to amaze despite health concerns at the beginning of the season and is now tied for 10th in the National League with 24 RBI. With David Wright (back) held out of the lineup Thursday, Beltran hit from the third spot in the batting order -- the position he has clubbed more than half of his 288 career homers. The 34-year-old slugger has now slugged five home runs in his last nine games to give him eight total this season. He has displayed unexpected durability this season and with everyday at-bats in New York's lineup, should be considered a strong OF option in the majority of Fantasy formats.
(Updated 05/12/2011).


Um, hello? Spot on tha1000, leave him at 3.
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
Rally Killer Wright back in the 3 hole today...
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67355
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,804.07
tha1000 wrote:Rally Killer Wright back in the 3 hole today...


no kidding... did you see him slogging round the bases tonight when beltran ripped the double. damn is he slow!
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007
Sand$: 329.36
in addition to the holes in his swing, he's starting to put an uppercut on it. someone really needs to get in his ear. this is starting to be ridiculous.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
GRANT20 wrote:in addition to the holes in his swing, he's starting to put an uppercut on it. someone really needs to get in his ear. this is starting to be ridiculous.



He needs to get the hell out of NYC... If I'm Alderson, I trade Wright, trade Beltran, use the money saved to sign Reyes to an extension... done and done.
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
Wright has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back... headed to the DL for quite a while.

Welcome to my starting lineup, Mr. Wilson Betemit... FML.
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7103
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 8,238.98
tha1000 wrote:Wright has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back... headed to the DL for quite a while.

Welcome to my starting lineup, Mr. Wilson Betemit... FML.


Thanks for the heads up. I had enough time to make the switch in my weekly league.

Here's hoping for a big week from Betemit... :food-smiley-004:
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002
Sand$: 10.00
fishfry wrote:
tha1000 wrote:Wright has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back... headed to the DL for quite a while.

Welcome to my starting lineup, Mr. Wilson Betemit... FML.


Thanks for the heads up. I had enough time to make the switch in my weekly league.

Here's hoping for a big week from Betemit... :food-smiley-004:


I need 3 more appearances at 3rd from Pujols like a crackhead needs a hit.
_______________________________________

punch me in the face....
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67355
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,804.07
tha1000 wrote:Wright has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his lower back... headed to the DL for quite a while.

Welcome to my starting lineup, Mr. Wilson Betemit... FML.


of course he's hurt... i've seriously never seen a team with more friggen injuries.... year after year, their entire team gets hurt and misses a significant amt of games. it's unbelievable!!!!
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest