FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.22.2014, 13:15

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 08:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 116519
Donate
min.gif
Braun offered a DNA test - which would be a dead on indicator - league said not necessary.

Sounds like a bunch of off-season BS drama to me but I don't follow MLB with any passion at all so.

gotta create some excitement for this boring crap

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 10:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20152
Donate
birddog wrote:
Braun offered a DNA test - which would be a dead on indicator - league said not necessary.

Sounds like a bunch of off-season BS drama to me but I don't follow MLB with any passion at all so.

This was the MLBPA or Braun's people saying this. Latest I heard is that MLB would be willing to take the DNA, but now Braun's side backed off. Kind of like when Sammy Sosa said he would be willing to take the steroid tests and then when everybody wanted him to, he backpedaled quick.

As of this morning I have heard on ESPN that both the first and second tests showed elevated testosterone. I've liked the guy but it sucks he is dodging on a technicality. Even the World Doping Assoc has come forward and said the tester did nothing wrong and it common for them to take sealed samples home when they cannot be sent to the lab immediately. And even if the sample was mishandled, it would not create high testosterone levels.

2011 House of Purgatory Champion - #1 in points, #2 overall record

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 11:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54063
Donate
min.gif
Getting away with cheating... nice.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 13:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
Braun with some strong words on SportsCenter right now.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 13:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Braun really likes the words "literally" and "contemporaneously" :lol:

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 13:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
edit: double post

-Herb Brooks

Last edited by MN_HockeyGuy on Fri 02.24.2012, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 15:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
apparently so do you, MN :wink:

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 15:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174319
Donate
dal.gif
unimsw wrote:

an awfully bold statement without us truly knowing the circumstances....

trust me, i've been involved in and around baseball for as long as i can remember. more than anyone else here, i have reason to hate the steroid era and steroid users during that time. there are more players from that era than will ever be recorded that were on the juice. this one, from the beginning, felt different....as though something were off. if braun is ultimately shown to have done something illegal, i'll believe it. until then, i'm holding off judgment. trust me when i say that i've seen enough of this stuff to want to point my finger at guilty parties quickly....

....but this one just has always felt different.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 15:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
birddog wrote:

D'oh :lol:

-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 15:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Dingo wrote:
birddog wrote:

This was the MLBPA or Braun's people saying this. Latest I heard is that MLB would be willing to take the DNA, but now Braun's side backed off. Kind of like when Sammy Sosa said he would be willing to take the steroid tests and then when everybody wanted him to, he backpedaled quick.

As of this morning I have heard on ESPN that both the first and second tests showed elevated testosterone. I've liked the guy but it sucks he is dodging on a technicality. Even the World Doping Assoc has come forward and said the tester did nothing wrong and it common for them to take sealed samples home when they cannot be sent to the lab immediately. And even if the sample was mishandled, it would not create high testosterone levels.

Yea when-ever what-ever.. I flipped on the tv this morning @ 5:30 after I got the dogs ran and heard a guy (call in speaker who I don't know who kit was) say these things on M&M..

I'm not for or against Braun in this instance I just find it extremely hilarious that the MLB is so dumb in how they go about this stuff. They've been jacking around with stuff like this for years and yet haven't figured it out yet how to collect, test, send process yadda yadda. If they really gave a crap about it they'd pay more attention to it and make a half hearted attempt at emphasizing control in the matter.. but they're too busy counting money and chasing off apparel counterfeiters.

To me its a circus of stupid from the get go. If its that big of a deal they should have these guys piss in a cup at the stadiums every week.

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 15:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
marty1841 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

trust me, i've been involved in and around baseball for as long as i can remember. more than anyone else here, i have reason to hate the steroid era and steroid users during that time. there are more players from that era than will ever be recorded that were on the juice. this one, from the beginning, felt different....as though something were off. if braun is ultimately shown to have done something illegal, i'll believe it. until then, i'm holding off judgment. trust me when i say that i've seen enough of this stuff to want to point my finger at guilty parties quickly....

I agree marty ..its had odd written all over it from the get-go.

oh.. don't take my bashing of the league and game personal... its my own little issue I've got - nothing personal :wink:

PostPosted: Fri 02.24.2012, 15:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:
birddog wrote:

D'oh :lol:

I hate when that happens :D

PostPosted: Mon 02.27.2012, 11:49 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54063
Donate
min.gif
birddog wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

I agree marty ..its had odd written all over it from the get-go.

oh.. don't take my bashing of the league and game personal... its my own little issue I've got - nothing personal :wink:

Not sure what you are seeing as odd. The only thing odd about it for me was that it was overturned. The rest was not surprising at all.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 22:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7105
Donate
gb.gif
I can't stand baseball anymore, just allow steroids and be done with it for all I care.

They can't even suspend a cheater who gets caught because an arbitrator will let them off on a technicality.

PostPosted: Tue 02.28.2012, 22:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13852
Donate
atl.gif
und2006 wrote:
I can't stand baseball anymore, just allow steroids and be done with it for all I care.

They can't even suspend a cheater who gets caught because an arbitrator will let them off on a technicality.

Yup that's what happened. Hopefully Karma finds Braun this year. Obviously can't speak personally but I don't know how I could go in front of cameras with millions watching and lie like that.