FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 08.23.2014, 04:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 20:15 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1140
Donate
pit.gif
Catchers:
1. Brian McCann
2. Mike Napoli
3. Joe Mauer
4. Buster Posey
5. Alex Avila
6. Carlos Santana
7. Miguel Montero
8. Jesus Montero
9. Russell Martin
10. Yadier Molina

1B
1. Miguel Cabrera
2. Albert Pujols
3. Joey Votto
4. Prince Fielder
5. Adrian Gonzalez
6. Mark Teixeira
7. Eric Hosmer
8. Michael Young
9. Paul Konerko
10. Freddie Freeman

2B
1. Robinson Cano
2. Dustin Pedroia
3. Ian Kinsler
4. Chase Utley
5. Rickie Weeks
6. Brandon Phillips
7. Howie Kendrick
8. Ryan Roberts
9. Dustin Ackley
10. Neil Walker

3B
1. Jose Bautista
2. Evan Longoria
3. Adrian Beltre
4. Michael Young
5. David Wright
6. Ryan Zimmerman
7. Brett Lawrie
8. Pablo Sandoval
9. Alex Rodriguez
10. Kevin Youkilis

SS
1. Troy Tulowitzki
2. Hanley Ramirez
3. Jose Reyes
4. Starlin Castro
5. Asdrubal Cabrera
6. Elvis Andrus
7. Jimmy Rollins
8. Alexei Ramirez
9. JJ Hardy
10. Jhonny Peralta

OF
1. Matt Kemp
2. Jose Bautista
3. Jacoby Ellsbury
4. Justin Upton
5. Carlos Gonzalez
6. Andrew McCutchen
7. Mike Stanton
8. Jay Bruce
9. Josh Hamilton
10. Hunter Pence
(Note: Ryan Braun does not appear in the top 10 due to the pending suspension, if he is found clean, he would be between Carlos Gonzalez and Andrew McCutchen)

SP
1. Justin Verlander
2. Clayton Kernshaw
3. Roy Halladay
4. Felix Hernandez
5. Matt Cain
6. Cole Hamels
7. Tim Lincecum
8. Cliff Lee
9. CC Sabathia
10. Jered Weaver

RP
1. Craig Kimbrel
2. John Axford
3. Brian Wilson
4. Mariano Rivera
5. Jonathan Papelbon
6. Heath Bell
7. Joel Hanrahan
8. Jose Valverde
9. Joakim Soria
10. Drew Storen

There you have it. Of course, these ranks are up to debate.

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 20:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174974
Donate
dal.gif
thanks for doing this! definitely have toif braun is found clean....at #6 is pure insanity-even without prince.

uggla, while i'm not a fan, is definitely a top 10 guy.

curious as to how cain would be over any of those guys. great era/whip, but there's no way he matches hamels and DEFINITELY not lee or lincecum in terms of K totals. CC, weaver, and hamels as well should be well ahead of him, as well as lester.

overall, nice job.

PostPosted: Tue 01.31.2012, 08:44 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1140
Donate
pit.gif
marty1841 wrote:
thanks for doing this! definitely have toif braun is found clean....at #6 is pure insanity-even without prince.

uggla, while i'm not a fan, is definitely a top 10 guy.

curious as to how cain would be over any of those guys. great era/whip, but there's no way he matches hamels and DEFINITELY not lee or lincecum in terms of K totals. CC, weaver, and hamels as well should be well ahead of him, as well as lester.

overall, nice job.

Well the reason why Braun would be there is because he still has that 30-30 potential, but not sure he will concentrate on stealing bases anymore.

Was mulling over Uggla being in the top 10, but it seems like once he has a hot year, the next year he cools off, so just being cautious about him.

It was a very tough call on Cain, reason being is that Lee, Weaver, and Hamels all had injury issues this past season and wondering if they might come back. Lincecum regressed a bit last year and wondering if he might push for a contract extension this upcoming season despite avoiding arbitration with a 2-year deal. The reason why I have CC after Cain and Lester out of the top 10 is simply because they play in the AL East. Lester, I'm not really certain on how well he'll take to the manager change, but we'll see how things go.

PostPosted: Tue 01.31.2012, 08:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8631
Donate
pit.gif
I agree with this analysis...not saying you should completely avoid drafting him but rather that I'd be cautious building a pitching staff around him as my #1 starter.

There's a reason why his ADP on mockdraftcentral "general" mocks is 33.6 and in the "experts" mocks, it's 66.

Quote:
In 2011, Jered Weaver had an outstanding year, finishing 5th among pitchers in ESPN's Player Rater (his second year in a row finishing in the top 10) with a 2.41 ERA, a 1.01 WHIP and 198 strikeouts.

However, there are troubling signs that a repeat is very unlikely. Weaver had a 82.6 LOB%, a .250 BABIP, and a 6.3% HR/FB ratio. All of these stats are affected to some degree by luck and are well outside the league averages. They were all his career bests among years where he completed a whole season. The difference between Weaver's xFIP of 3.80 and his ERA of 2.41 was one of the highest in the majors. All of this indicates that Weaver was very lucky this past season, and should experience at least some form of regression this year. Weaver could very very have a good year, but it seems highly improbable that he will keep his ERA below 3.00.

To make matters worse Weaver's outstanding strikeout rate of 9.35 K/9 in 2010 declined to 7.56 in 2011 which is much more in line with his career average. Without the elite ERA of 2011, and without the amazing strikeout rate of 2010, Weaver's value could plummet.

PostPosted: Tue 01.31.2012, 09:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7679
Donate
jax.gif
jesteva wrote:
I agree with this analysis...not saying you should completely avoid drafting him but rather that I'd be cautious building a pitching staff around him as my #1 starter.

There's a reason why his ADP on mockdraftcentral "general" mocks is 33.6 and in the "experts" mocks, it's 66.

Quote:
In 2011, Jered Weaver had an outstanding year, finishing 5th among pitchers in ESPN's Player Rater (his second year in a row finishing in the top 10) with a 2.41 ERA, a 1.01 WHIP and 198 strikeouts.

However, there are troubling signs that a repeat is very unlikely. Weaver had a 82.6 LOB%, a .250 BABIP, and a 6.3% HR/FB ratio. All of these stats are affected to some degree by luck and are well outside the league averages. They were all his career bests among years where he completed a whole season. The difference between Weaver's xFIP of 3.80 and his ERA of 2.41 was one of the highest in the majors. All of this indicates that Weaver was very lucky this past season, and should experience at least some form of regression this year. Weaver could very very have a good year, but it seems highly improbable that he will keep his ERA below 3.00.

To make matters worse Weaver's outstanding strikeout rate of 9.35 K/9 in 2010 declined to 7.56 in 2011 which is much more in line with his career average. Without the elite ERA of 2011, and without the amazing strikeout rate of 2010, Weaver's value could plummet.

Not to mention he has pitched 200+ innings 3 years in a row, including career high 235ip in 2011. Speaks to durability, but turning 30 this year this usage might finally catch up with him.

So, who wants to take him off my hands in SSB? 8)

PostPosted: Tue 01.31.2012, 09:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8631
Donate
pit.gif
I was wondering how long it would take hankrip to weigh in on Weaver as he and I have been having some back-channel discussions on him.

You beat my over/under of 45 minutes! Nice. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 02.02.2012, 11:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1155
Donate
gb.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:
OF
1. Matt Kemp
2. Jose Bautista
3. Jacoby Ellsbury
4. Justin Upton
5. Carlos Gonzalez
6. Andrew McCutchen
7. Mike Stanton
8. Jay Bruce
9. Josh Hamilton
10. Hunter Pence
(Note: Ryan Braun does not appear in the top 10 due to the pending suspension, if he is found clean, he would be between Carlos Gonzalez and Andrew McCutchen)

No Curtis Granderson? I'd definitely take him over Pence and Bruce, and probably over Stanton and Hamilton.

PostPosted: Fri 02.03.2012, 11:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6
Donate
no.gif
I don't disagree with the rankings as everybody is going to have a slightly different take on it and value players differently..

That being said, I'm avoiding Craig Kimbrel in all leagues this year. I think he was way over used last year.

PostPosted: Fri 02.03.2012, 13:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174974
Donate
dal.gif
tha1000 wrote:
I don't disagree with the rankings as everybody is going to have a slightly different take on it and value players differently..

That being said, I'm avoiding Craig Kimbrel in all leagues this year. I think he was way over used last year.

agreed with the overused part, but he's still going to post elite peripherals. still, he'll be the 1st RP off the board, which means i won't be drafting him anywhere that i don't already own him.

PostPosted: Tue 03.06.2012, 17:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8125
Donate
nyg.gif
fishfry wrote:
CBecker1985 wrote:
OF
1. Matt Kemp
2. Jose Bautista
3. Jacoby Ellsbury
4. Justin Upton
5. Carlos Gonzalez
6. Andrew McCutchen
7. Mike Stanton
8. Jay Bruce
9. Josh Hamilton
10. Hunter Pence

No Curtis Granderson? I'd definitely take him over Pence and Bruce, and probably over Stanton and Hamilton.

Yeah, I would personally put Granderson 7 or 8 in this list. Good job though.

PostPosted: Tue 03.06.2012, 17:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8125
Donate
nyg.gif
In the SP list, I would move Cain out of the list....
There are a few pitchers I will take before Cain:
Dan Haren
David Price
Zack Greinke
Jon Lester
Yovani Gallardo