FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.20.2014, 17:25

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon 04.09.2012, 20:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 279929
Donate
den.gif
OilersNut wrote:
Buccos to win Central Bud?

But do they finish above .500? :lol:

They had a solid start last yr but faded... They have some real good talent and the cards and brewers both got worse this yr.

The reds are too streaky and the funnies and stros don't even belong in the majors... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon 04.09.2012, 21:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
Virro wrote:
Always nice seeing the Yanks tank 3. That'll never get old.

Yup, but knew they would beat up on the o's

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 11:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1153
Donate
gb.gif
There's only one Ozzie... you think he gives a crap?

Quote:
Marlins suspended manager Ozzie Guillen for five games for his recent comments regarding Fidel Castro.

The Marlins levied the suspension after Guillen recently told Time magazine he "loves" Castro and respects the Cuban dictator for staying in power so long. Guillen has already apologized for his comments, but will do so again at a press conference in Miami on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. ET. MLB is reportedly looking into the situation, but it's not known if Guillen will face further punishment.
Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter Apr 10 - 10:19 AM

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 13:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 198
Donate
hou.gif
This whole situation is pretty ridiculous. The fact that the Marlins are suspending him a week or two after the comments were made public and who knows how long since he actually said them in the interview... trying to cover their rumps.

What?... is the Sun Sentinel gonna run a scathing piece on Guillen and everyone in South Florida will care for a day? Who really cares.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 23:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2
Donate
Location: Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
There's only one winless team left in the entire league...

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 20:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
den.gif
Virro wrote:
This whole situation is pretty ridiculous. The fact that the Marlins are suspending him a week or two after the comments were made public and who knows how long since he actually said them in the interview... trying to cover their rumps.

What?... is the Sun Sentinel gonna run a scathing piece on Guillen and everyone in South Florida will care for a day? Who really cares.

Agreed and what does 5 games really do at this stage of the stage, in the grand scheme?

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 08:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 11496
Donate
ne.gif
fishfry wrote:
What's everybody's take on this situation? Where does Bard have the best value, starting or closing?

Quote:
When asked if Daniel Bard is an option to take over as closer, Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine responded, "Might be."

It's tough to know if Valentine is being truthful, cagey, misleading, sarcastic, or some combination of them all. At the moment, however, Valentine certainly has to be seriously considering ending Bard's conversion to the rotation. Andrew Bailey is out until after the All-Star break with a thumb injury and Boston's bullpen has been awful thus far. Alfredo Aceves, Valentine's choice to begin the year as closer, has allowed four hits and three runs without recording an out over two appearances. Mark Melancon is 0-2 with a 36.00 ERA and 5.00 WHIP over two games. It's early, so it is probably no time to panic, but if both continue to struggle, Bobby V and Boston's management will have no choice but to mix it up.
Source: Tim Britton on Twitter Apr 8 - 6:39 PM

Ive heard an opinion that part of it is being nice to Bard who will be going into arbitration after this season. A pitcher gets a lot more in arbitration if they are either a closer or a starter than they do if they are a "relief" guy. The management (and most of the fans) dont think Bard can be a closer, so they are letting him try to be a starter.
My take is that they will give him 3-4 starts. If any of those look good they will let him keep trying for a while. If after those 3-4 he isnt looking good, and the bullpen still needs help, you'll see him slide into the back end of the bullpen, and Aceves will either go into the lineup, or who knows what will happen. The bullpen has looked better their last few times out, but was absolutely horrible the first 2 times out.
I agree with Oar, they should have ponied up the money for Oswalt, but there was also a lot of talk around here that Oswalt didnt really want to come to Boston anyway.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 09:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com confirms that Jacoby Ellsbury has a dislocation or partial dislocation of his right shoulder and will miss a minimum of six weeks.

Terrible news for the Red Sox and fantasy owners alike. Ellsbury injured the shoulder when Reid Brignac landed directly on top of him at second base during Friday's game. He was immediately sent to Massachusetts General Hospital for an MRI, but he's scheduled to undergo even more tests to make sure the shoulder did not sustain additional damage. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the Red Sox outfield, at least until Carl Crawford comes off the disabled list.
Source: Gordon Edes on Twitter Apr 13 - 10:56 PM

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 21:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 36974
Donate
pit.gif
So Wilson's likely done for the year, no real indication on who the Giants will go with. Romo probably gets first shot, but Casilla and Lopez may be in the mix as well.

Oh, and the Blow Jays blew another Henderson Alvarez quality start. Their bullpen has been bad so far this year.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 23:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37396
Donate
chi.gif
LaSean4Heisman wrote:
So Wilson's likely done for the year, no real indication on who the Giants will go with. Romo probably gets first shot, but Casilla and Lopez may be in the mix as well.

Oh, and the Blow Jays blew another Henderson Alvarez quality start. Their bullpen has been bad so far this year.

Alvarez is looking like a Brandon McCarthy clone so far.
Not a lot of K's, but almost no walks, and the ratios should be good while piling up quality starts.

I'd buy (if I didn't already have him in one league, and just sold him in another)

PostPosted: Sun 04.15.2012, 16:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 11496
Donate
ne.gif
Aceves is starting to look ok in that closers role. After not getting an out in his first 2 outings, he has now gone 1-2-3 in 3 outings in a row. I think 2 of those were saves, and one was just to get some work in.

PostPosted: Sun 04.15.2012, 17:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10406
Donate
kc.gif
10ball wrote:
Even though some serious injuries have dampened my mood a little, I'm excited about the Royals this season.
They still go 75-87, but it will be a good 75 wins
our new rallying cry "We don't suck as much as usual!"

Nevermind

Yes we do :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 08:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Youk dogging it?

Quote:
Kevin Youkilis responded Monday morning to statements Red Sox skipper Bobby Valentine made Sunday night questioning the third baseman's effort and commitment.

"I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason," Valentine told WHDH Sunday during an interview. Which triggered this response Monday from Youkilis: "I go out every day and play as hard as I can -- take every ground ball in the morning, take every at-bat like it's my last. I don't think my game has changed at all. ... That's just not how I go about the game of baseball." Dustin Pedroia has come to his friend and teammate's defense, telling the media Monday, "I really don't know what Bobby is trying to do but that's not the way we go about our stuff around here." This is a situation that has great potential to turn even uglier. Youk is not in Monday's lineup.
Source: Providence Journal Apr 16 - 8:50 AM

Not sure what Bobby V is trying to do here... but I agree with Pedroia, that's not a productive way to handle a situation.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 08:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8589
Donate
pit.gif
It will be interesting to see how the Sox respond to Bobby V's style.

No real feel on whether they can solve their own internal clubhouse issues as well deal with Bobby V.

PostPosted: Mon 04.16.2012, 08:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174956
Donate
dal.gif
while i can understand bobby v trying to light a fire under youk (BTW, I agree with his assessment of him to this point), there is no reason it needs to be laid out in the media.

this is not going to end well, at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next