FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.21.2014, 09:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
PostPosted: Fri 12.30.2011, 14:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 985
Donate
stl.gif
unimsw wrote:
honingskills wrote:
unimsw wrote:
So, with the poll questions, I answered yes to both switch to redraft, to keep a homer and to go to 3 keepers as they would all be preferable to what we currently have (you don't have to vote yes for just one). Although I highly doubt any of these will go through.

The one poll question that I see the Broncos have added is the drop round values attached to the keepers. I absolutely need to endorse this one!!! I think this is where we are running into a lot of the issues in terms of balance in the league and manipulation of picks. If we get rid of the round value and just keep our top 4 players that would solve a lot of issues. Above all, this is the one issue that I most strongly feel needs to be changed. Hope you all agree... if it comes down to it, I will bribe people to vote yes!

The issue is that people have made moves based on those round values.... so dropping them would suck for those teams.

Yes, but it wouldn't go into effect for over a year. The downside of those round values is much greater than the upside.

And no, I'm not actually bribing people...

I would support a rule change that would prevent manipulation of draft picks. Something along the lines of losing a higher pick, rather than a lower one, if you don't have the round needed to keep that particular player. Or even something where you can't keep a player if you don't own the corresponding pick.

But I think the round values corresponding to keepers in general is just another part of the strategy involved and I enjoy it being a part of the league. I wouldn't like to see it abolished.

PostPosted: Fri 12.30.2011, 17:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 57381
Donate
min.gif
KevD wrote:
unimsw wrote:
honingskills wrote:
unimsw wrote:
So, with the poll questions, I answered yes to both switch to redraft, to keep a homer and to go to 3 keepers as they would all be preferable to what we currently have (you don't have to vote yes for just one). Although I highly doubt any of these will go through.

The one poll question that I see the Broncos have added is the drop round values attached to the keepers. I absolutely need to endorse this one!!! I think this is where we are running into a lot of the issues in terms of balance in the league and manipulation of picks. If we get rid of the round value and just keep our top 4 players that would solve a lot of issues. Above all, this is the one issue that I most strongly feel needs to be changed. Hope you all agree... if it comes down to it, I will bribe people to vote yes!

The issue is that people have made moves based on those round values.... so dropping them would suck for those teams.

Yes, but it wouldn't go into effect for over a year. The downside of those round values is much greater than the upside.

I would support a rule change that would prevent manipulation of draft picks. Something along the lines of losing a higher pick, rather than a lower one, if you don't have the round needed to keep that particular player. Or even something where you can't keep a player if you don't own the corresponding pick.

But I think the round values corresponding to keepers in general is just another part of the strategy involved and I enjoy it being a part of the league. I wouldn't like to see it abolished.

That idea was tossed around too, with regard to losing a higher pick. Not sure exactly why it wasn't adopted. I think it has something to do with people trading their early round picks to others so that they wouldn't have to give them up.

PostPosted: Fri 12.30.2011, 19:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1751
Donate
cin.gif
KevD wrote:
unimsw wrote:
honingskills wrote:
unimsw wrote:

I agree with Kev D and second this to be voted on. But, perhaps it makes sense to first see how the voting for losing round value vs. not is resolved, as if we vote to go to straight keepers with no round value lost, then this is moot.

To me though, this simple rule change is a good compromise between the "but we've been planning for years" camp (keep the round values), and the "round value leads to too much draft manipulation" (lose the round values) camps......

PostPosted: Sat 12.31.2011, 23:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 60810
Donate
sea.gif
Seahawks have voted. I think the only "Yes" vote for me was the locking of players individual games.

I agree with the current discussion regarding manipulation of the draft & keepers. I agree that keeper values always revert to the highest pick in a round.

Example: Rodgers is a rd 6 Keeper. Let's say I acquire another rd 6 in a trade. Rodgers should have to go to the highest pick.

6.1 (Proposed rule)
6.16 (Current Rule)

PostPosted: Sun 01.01.2012, 19:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
xX-MaNx wrote:
Seahawks have voted. I think the only "Yes" vote for me was the locking of players individual games.

I agree with the current discussion regarding manipulation of the draft & keepers. I agree that keeper values always revert to the highest pick in a round.

Example: Rodgers is a rd 6 Keeper. Let's say I acquire another rd 6 in a trade. Rodgers should have to go to the highest pick.

6.1 (Proposed rule)
6.16 (Current Rule)

I don't think it's only that it reverts to the highest pick in a round, but a higher pick if you trade your round that the player is kept at.

Player X has 6th round value:
5.16 (Proposed rule)
Rd 6 traded
7.1 (Current Rule)

PostPosted: Sun 01.01.2012, 20:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Should we lock this thread and only use the other one?

PostPosted: Sun 01.01.2012, 21:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13219
Donate
was.gif
unimsw wrote:
Should we lock this thread and only use the other one?

We will...I wanted to hit people who still had this thread bookmarked though. I'll put a link and a closure on this thread later tonight.

PostPosted: Mon 01.02.2012, 02:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 60810
Donate
sea.gif
unimsw wrote:
xX-MaNx wrote:

6.1 (Proposed rule)
6.16 (Current Rule)

I don't think it's only that it reverts to the highest pick in a round, but a higher pick if you trade your round that the player is kept at.

Player X has 6th round value:
5.16 (Proposed rule)
Rd 6 traded
7.1 (Current Rule)

I like that even more!

PostPosted: Mon 01.02.2012, 11:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13219
Donate
was.gif
Locking this thread. Please bookmark and visit our new 2012 off-season thread.

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=283777

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47