FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.23.2014, 01:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri 08.12.2011, 10:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4208
Donate
These are the league's official by-laws, and can also be found at the league website.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD

2009 League Website : http://www21.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/60198
2010 League Website : http://www21.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/10370#0
2011 League Website : http://www21.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/48738#0

League Founder: Runvus17
2011 League Commissioner: Runvus17

Wall of Champions:

2010 Champ: Mr T34
2009 Champ: kb488

AMENDMENTS

Once the draft is completed, any changes to the by-laws require approval of all 12 franchises until the conclusion of the season. The off-season requires a 2/3 vote for changes and amendments.

LEAGUE COMMUNICATION

This document contains the official league by-laws. A copy of this document will be posted at the official league thread at Fantasy Sharks each season.

Official Announcements will be posted on the front page of the league website under the league banner. Debate over league issues is to take place at the official league thread.

All League members have access to the website Message Board and Chat Feature. Members also have the ability to write League Articles, and are encouraged to do so.

Contact information for the Commissioner, including phone numbers, will be included in league invites once the website is completed.

FINANCES

League entry fee is $100 each season. Once the fee is collected, the invite for the league is sent. The due date will be July 15th each year. Starting in 2011, all owners will be required to pay the upcoming years fees plus half of the following year. This will help with turnover and will make it easier to fill vacancies.

League finances will be handled through LeagueSafe. It is not possible to sign in on the league website without paying entry fee.

FRANCHISE SETUP

Please be sure that all these departments are up to date.

Franchise Name: Anything you want, but keep it PG.
Owner Name: Strongly suggested that this be your Fantasy Sharks nickname.
E-mail Address: Be sure you are using an active, valid address. Vitally important for records with LeagueSafe.
Franchise Icon: A logo or icon to represent your team.

Other non-required options include sound bites, IM links, and other logos and can be accessed through the website.

SCORING

The league website software is the final authority on all NFL scoring stats. Final scores are released the morning after the final game of the week.

Passing
Yards - .05 pt each
TD’s - 6 pts each
TD Length - .05 pt per yard
2pt Pass - 2 pts each
INT - (-2) each
Sack - (-1) each

Rushing/Receiving
Receptions - 1 pt each
Yards - .1 pt each - NOTE: COMBINED RUSH/REC YARDS
TD’s - 6 pts each
TD Length - .1 pt each yard
2pt conversion - 2 pts each
Fumble - (-1) pt each
Fumble Lost - (-1) pt each

Kicking
FG - 3 pts each
FG length - .1 pt each yard after 30 yards
Extra Points - 1 pt each

Defense/Special Teams
TD's scored - 6 pts each
TD Length - .05 pt each yard
Safety - 2 pts each
INT - 2pts each
Sack - 1pt each
Forced Fumble - 1pt each
Fumble Recovery - 1pt each
Blocked Kick - 3pts each
Pts Against -- Offensive points against only! No return scores.
0=15 pts
3-5=12 pts
6-8=9 pts
9-11=6 pts
12-14=3 pts
>14=0 pts

DRAFT

The 2011 Draft Date is August 21, 2011, 10 AM ET
The draft will be a slow draft, with a 12 hour clock.
For 2011, the draft order will be posted below:

1. That Guy
2. Drunken Penguins
3. Bad News Bears
4. Cockblockers
5. Rickovers
6. Allegheny
7. Thrashers
8. Flock of Seagulls
9. Undocumented Bank Robbers
10. 5xchamps
11. Foxon
12. Mr. T

The inaugural was a serpentine draft. All subsequent seasons will be a straight draft, with the order being worst to first according to the previous season’s final post-season standings. (See Tiebreakers section.) Trading of draft picks is limited, see Trade section. Draft continues until each team has a complete roster of 17 players.

Missed Picks: In the event that an owner fails to make a pick within the allotted draft time, the system will automatically pick a player for the owner based on the highest-ranked available player, on the owner's "My Draft List" player ranking first (if it's used at all), and then once that list is exhausted, according to rankings displayed on the MFL ADP page. If a owner allows the timer to expires once, that owner will be placed on "auto-draft" until they show they are again available to draft. However, if an owner allows the timer to expire a second time, the owner will be placed on "auto-draft" for the rest of the draft. While on "auto-draft", owners will still be able too make their own picks through the pre-draft or "My Draft List" functions.

ROSTERS

Each franchise is limited to 17 players at any one time, with an additional 2 IR spots. Players must be on IR in the NFL to be eligible for IR. There are roster limits: 3QB, 5RB, 6WR, 3TE, 3PK, 3 DEF. There is no roster minimum.

Each Franchise can (but is not required) designate 4 keepers, players that can be retained the next season. There are no positional limits for keeper purposes outside the normal roster limits. Keepers are finalized one week prior to the current year’s draft. There is no limit to how many years a given player can be designated a Keeper. There is no penalty or price for designating keepers. If you do not keep 4 players, you will be allowed to fill your roster at the end of the draft.

LINEUPS

Owners are responsible for submitting their weekly starting line-ups prior to the kickoff of their individual players’ games. Players are locked in/out at kickoff of their games. The website automatically does this, if there is a delay in the scheduled kickoff but the site doesn’t recognize it the player is still locked. If a problem arises submitting a lineup BEFORE kickoff of a given player’s game, the commissioner, at his sole discretion, may intervene, but must record the action as soon as possible for the benefit of the rest of the league.
If no lineup is submitted, the previous lineup will be the default lineup.

Starting line-up consists of 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DEF/ST, and 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), for a total of 10 starters.

WAIVERS/TRADES

From the conclusion of the draft until kickoff of the first game of the season First Come First Serve is in effect.
Waivers begin at kickoff of the first game and end at 12:00 AM Wednesday morning, ET.
Waiver order begins as the reverse order of the draft. The system maintains a season-long rolling waiver order, moving the franchise that picks to the bottom of the list.
From then until kickoff it is First Come First Serve.
This process continues through the playoffs.
Players are locked for 48 hours once dropped.
Trade deadline is scheduled for 12:00, Thursday November 26 ET. That is a half hour before kickoff of Thanksgiving Day games, allowing all trades to go through and allowing anyone who wants to be aware know.

All trades automatically are processed once all parties accept the terms. See the Unethical Practices section for issues involving collusion.

Draft picks are not tradable during the season. During the off-season, draft picks for the upcoming draft are tradable.

SCHEDULE/PLAYOFFS

The regular season includes weeks 1-13. Each franchise will play all other teams in the league one time, plus two extra divisional games.

Playoffs begin week 14. Starting in week 14, 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5. In week 15 the four winners will be rebracketed based on seedings. Those teams will play for shot at the championship in week 16. The two losers will play for 3rd place in week 16. For the 4 teams that did not make the playoffs, they will all set thier best lineup for week 14. The team that scores the most points in week 14 will play the team that plays the least, with the other two teams playing eachother in a week 15 bracket. The two winners of that week will play eachother in week 16 for a shot at the toilet bowl title. The winner of the toilet bowl gets an extra pick at the end of the first round in the following years draft.

TIEBREAKERS

When a game ends in a tie, it remains a tie. If a playoff game ends in a tie, the highest seed is the winner. Playoff ties have to be broken by the Commissioner.

To break ties in standings:

1/ Overall Winning Perentage
2/ Total Points
3/ Head-to-Head Record
4/ Most Points Against
5/ Power Rank (as determined by MFL)

Draft order is determined by the reverse order of the final, postseason standings.

1/ Overall Winning Percentage
2/ Total Points
3/ Head-to-Head Record
4/ Most Points Against
5/ Power Rank

PAYOUTS

1st Place: $600
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: Free entry the following year ($100 value)
Total Points(This is for weeks 1-13): $130
MFL fees: $70

DISPUTES

When a dispute arises that is not addressed within the by-laws, the final authority will be the Commissioner. If the dispute involves the Commissioner, the League Founder is the final authority.

UNETHICAL ISSUES

The League has a key interest in keeping things as ethical as possible, and as a result rules harshly when unethical and/or nefarious issues arise. In the day-to-day operations of the league, it is assumed that every league member is acting in an upright and legitimate manner, within the boundaries set forth in these bylaws. Should suspicion arise of an unethical practice, such as (but not restricted to) collusion(*) or willful destruction of a given team, the following procedure will be adhered to.

1. League member files a complaint with Commissioner via PM (through Fantasy Sharks) or e-mail. There must be an electronic record of the complaint.
2. The Commissioner investigates the issue, including confronting the complaint’s target, and prepares a preliminary verdict.
3. The Commissioner reveals the details of the complaint, investigation, and preliminary verdict with three, and only three, uninvolved league members individually.
4. The three league members (independently) reach a verdict.

If all four parties (Commissioner and three uninvolved league members) reach guilty verdicts, the minimum penalty is outlined below. There must be a unanimous verdict of guilty, or not-guilty is the official verdict. If not-guilty is the official verdict, then the matter is kept private. If guilty is the verdict, then the following procedure is followed.

1. The issue, and all correspondence related to the issue, is posted in the official league thread and on the message board. An announcement is made on the front page of the website.
2. All players involved are immediately released into the free agent pool. Teams involved are ineligible to re-acquire the players.
3. Any games affected by the issue are forfeited by the guilty party(ies).
4. Further penalty, including and up to expulsion of the league and forfeiture of fees, may be levied at the sole discretion of the Commissioner.

In the event that the Commissioner is implicated in an unethical issue, the League Founder replaces the Commissioner in the process.

*Collusion
Agreement between two or more competitors that restrains competition and intends to deceive or otherwise defraud the league through unethical methods.

The final standings from the prior year determines the following seasons draft order. Here is how this will shape up.

.01 will go to the player that lost his first round toilet bowl game, and had the worst record during the regular season. .02 will go the the other team that lost its first toilet bowl game. .03 will go to the runner up of the toilet bowl. .04 will go to the toilet bowl winner. .05 will go one of the four teams that lost its first championship bracket game and had the worst record during the regular season. .06 will go to the next worse record, then .07, then .08. .09 will go to one of the two teams that lost in week 15 with the worse regular season record. .10 will go to the other team. .11 will go to the runner up, and .12 will go to the champion.

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

Last edited by runvus17 on Thu 08.18.2011, 07:32, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 08.12.2011, 10:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
I know it's asking a lot, but I would really like to get in 4-5 rounds this evening.....if you can't be here at 6 p.m. EST, if you could at least add your cell phone number to your profile on the MFL website, so we can text you when you're up, that would help move things along.....this is a slow draft, and I don't want anyone to feel pressured, if you want or need to use your 12 hour clock, then feel free, but if we can move it along, that would be a lot more fun!

Good luck to everyone!

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

PostPosted: Fri 08.12.2011, 12:33 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1302
Donate
I will be around here all weekend. Ready to begin the process of rebuilding this franchise!! Good luck to all.

Skiman :D

PostPosted: Fri 08.12.2011, 15:20 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 495
Donate
phi.gif
Good luck to you too Skiman!

2008 BGL Champion
2011 Gurus Champion

PostPosted: Fri 08.12.2011, 18:37 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 4612
Donate
phi.gif
Sorry for delay. I made pick and will check back later.

PostPosted: Sat 08.13.2011, 09:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4280
Donate
oak.gif
Draft is moving along nicely! Thanks for getting things going this year Run... Not sure what you're long term commish plans are.... but I hope you stay on past this year to keep all of us schlubs in line :thumbright:

On a side note - it might be kinda cool to add a "Wall of Champions" text thing at the beginning of the rules format somewhere around the founder/founded status. Just and idea since this is our third year.

PostPosted: Sat 08.13.2011, 13:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
kb488 wrote:
Draft is moving along nicely! Thanks for getting things going this year Run... Not sure what you're long term commish plans are.... but I hope you stay on past this year to keep all of us schlubs in line :thumbright:

On a side note - it might be kinda cool to add a "Wall of Champions" text thing at the beginning of the rules format somewhere around the founder/founded status. Just and idea since this is our third year.

done

Last edited by runvus17 on Mon 08.15.2011, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 08.15.2011, 15:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2492
Donate
dal.gif
Hell of a job by Run keeping this thing moving. Just a solid job. Not suprising in a fine league as this. Thamks.

PostPosted: Mon 08.15.2011, 20:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
5XChamps wrote:
Hell of a job by Run keeping this thing moving. Just a solid job. Not suprising in a fine league as this. Thamks.

:oops:

PostPosted: Wed 08.17.2011, 05:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7037
Donate
pit.gif
I agree with 5X....nice job moving through the draft guys.

A few hiccups but still nicely done.

PostPosted: Wed 08.17.2011, 07:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2492
Donate
dal.gif
I failed miserably at this draft. I am ashamed of my effort. I enjoy this league so much that I put unnecessary pressure on myself and I make mistakes. I won’t contend again this year but I’m working on it and one of these years the elderly will rule this league if I live long enough.

Good luck to you guys. You’re a great group of owners.

PostPosted: Wed 08.17.2011, 19:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
5XChamps wrote:
I failed miserably at this draft. I am ashamed of my effort. I enjoy this league so much that I put unnecessary pressure on myself and I make mistakes. I won’t contend again this year but I’m working on it and one of these years the elderly will rule this league if I live long enough.

Good luck to you guys. You’re a great group of owners.

you and me both...I have finished bottom 5 both years in this league....it probably wont change this year

PostPosted: Wed 08.17.2011, 21:32 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1302
Donate
My team really sucks. I'm going to need some luck to compete. I have placed Gates on trade bait. I really need an upgrade at WR. :Drink)

PostPosted: Thu 08.18.2011, 01:16 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 495
Donate
phi.gif
Skiman68 wrote:
My team really sucks. I'm going to need some luck to compete. I have placed Gates on trade bait. I really need an upgrade at WR. :Drink)

That's the one thing I don't like about our set up. Because you are limited to having 6 WR's on your roster, you are gonna have to either waive one to make room for the guy you are trading in or trade Gates + a WR for a WR + another player.

It makes trading players so difficult which is why there were hardly any trades last season.

:F

2008 BGL Champion
2011 Gurus Champion

PostPosted: Thu 08.18.2011, 07:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
foxon wrote:
Skiman68 wrote:

That's the one thing I don't like about our set up. Because you are limited to having 6 WR's on your roster, you are gonna have to either waive one to make room for the guy you are trading in or trade Gates + a WR for a WR + another player.

It makes trading players so difficult which is why there were hardly any trades last season.

:F

we talked about getting rid of the roster limits, but with the lockout looming, everyone pretty much just disappeared from this forum for the entire offseason, so it never happened....and now that we drafted with those limits in mind, we can't change it now....We will vote on that rule for the 2012 season for sure...along with anything else that needs addressed!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next