FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 16:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 18:36 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 588
Donate
Sharks, my team has been decimated this year. I've lost Julio, Martin. RG3, and several others have been a dud. I've been surviving solely on great WW pickups the entire season. McCown got me to the playoffs and my first playoff win. But now he's benched and i'm not super confident in starting Cutler vs Browns.

1/2pts for completions, 4 pt TDs, 25 yds = 1 pt

Romo vs GB ( Beatable secondary, Dallas needs wins, possible throwing contest since Dallas defense sucks and GB will putting up points BUT might play to keep Romo off the field, QBs avg 20 or less completions against GB)
Cutler @ CLE ( Cutler's first game back since ankle injury, great weapons. Decent Defense. Brady just threw for 400+ yards without Gronk )

WW
Tannehil vs NEP ( Beatable secondary, Has been playing really well, will have to throw in good weather to keep up, throws a lot and avg 33 rush yards a game)
Flacco @ DET ( in a dome, will be a shootout. Flacco wil HAVE to throw a TON to play catchup, decent weapons )

Who would you start and why?
Please any help is needed and greatly appreciated. Will answer yours.

W-Jeffery, Cooper, Dobson, Moore, Julio(ir)
T-Wright
K-Gould
DB-Burnett
DL-Jordan
LB-Kuechly

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 19:44 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 566
Donate
I'm also in your situation. Haven't totally decided but have Romo penciled in as too many factors for me to be concrete. First I want to see if Rodgers is going to play and if he does it could turn into a shoot out? The weather obviously favors Romo as well and waiting to see what the conditions are/will be on Sunday. Not sure how the month will affect Cutler but looking for tidbits from players and coaches to hear how practices have gone this week.

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 20:18 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 588
Donate
Thanks for the reply. AT LEAST we can take some solice in knowing that we're not alone and that this isn't an easy decision. I like the way you're thinking. Pencil in Romo and wait till more information is out and see how it goes. I think I'm going to follow suit. Come 12:50pm on Sunday I'm just going to use all available information and make a gut call

W-Jeffery, Cooper, Dobson, Moore, Julio(ir)
T-Wright
K-Gould
DB-Burnett
DL-Jordan
LB-Kuechly

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 07:12 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 378
Donate
And fellas I'm a cat with Rodgers drafted (gave me 8 weeks, injured early in wk 9) and Romo part of a two for two trade that cut ties with Vick and Colston in wk 2 but gave me Dez, as well.

Rice, biggest disappointment in fantasy maybe, this year? My 1st rd. pick. FA Gronk, added right before he returned gone.

**Romo, I moved up into starting position Tuesday or Wednesday, just anticipating and wanting to get my mind right early on about it. Would likely start Rodgers if he went, which if it happened now would be high risk, it seems, so seems not likely.

**That said, I likely only missed out on McCown owing to staying 2 nights in the hospital with someone having emergency surgery, and WOULD have debated he or Romo, and have taken note of Jason Campbell, believe it or not, on the wire, while checking to find if Cutler was to be had in one of two leagues I am playing.

My Romo plays Rivers, so 15 pts only from him tonight. Romo likely my start.

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 07:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15216
Donate
no.gif
Stick with Romo