FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.30.2014, 12:32

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 17:15 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
Despite the last 2 trips me & the hubby planned got scratched at the last moment due to him getting hurt we are planning a trip for our anniversary this December. I am hoping the 3rd time is a charm. If not I already told hubby if he hurts himself this time whatever monies we get back from the travel insurance we will use to pay for the nurse who will take care of him when I am away on the vacation. We are staying at a Drury Hotel in both cities. With free breakfast and free Happy Hour how could we pass it up! We are going to San Antonio TX and then New Orleans LA. We are spending 4 days at each location. We have been to New Orleans before and my sister is not too far. We have never been to San Antonio was wondering if anybody had any suggestions what we should go see in either city.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 18:22 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.10.2005, 07:33
Posts: 23902
Sand$: 8426
Donate
Location: Aggieland
dal.gif
When in San Antonio, check out Durty Nelly's Irish Pub at the Riverwalk. Great place. :thumbright:

It's also a piano bar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 18:32 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
When in San Antonio, check out Durty Nelly's Irish Pub at the Riverwalk. Great place. :thumbright:

It's also a piano bar.



will do. Was wondering if we needed to rent a car. I want to so we can travel out of San Antonio. Hubby is so so.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 19:13 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.10.2005, 07:33
Posts: 23902
Sand$: 8426
Donate
Location: Aggieland
dal.gif
dedela wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
When in San Antonio, check out Durty Nelly's Irish Pub at the Riverwalk. Great place. :thumbright:

It's also a piano bar.



will do. Was wondering if we needed to rent a car. I want to so we can travel out of San Antonio. Hubby is so so.


How long are you in San Antonio? Lots to do in the area and having a rental isn't such a bad idea if you are going to be there for several days.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 19:23 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
dedela wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
When in San Antonio, check out Durty Nelly's Irish Pub at the Riverwalk. Great place. :thumbright:

It's also a piano bar.



will do. Was wondering if we needed to rent a car. I want to so we can travel out of San Antonio. Hubby is so so.


How long are you in San Antonio? Lots to do in the area and having a rental isn't such a bad idea if you are going to be there for several days.


probably 4 days, one day arriving 2 full days, one day leaving


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 19:40 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.10.2005, 07:33
Posts: 23902
Sand$: 8426
Donate
Location: Aggieland
dal.gif
Ok, next question is what kind of stuff do y'all like to do on vacation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 20:25 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
Ok, next question is what kind of stuff do y'all like to do on vacation?



hubby is into history, i like unusual stuff, also love to sample local eateries or markets to sample different type of foods, and of course love going to sports bars and try out different types of beer. if there was a par 3 or executive course wouldnt mind playing some golf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 20:39 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.10.2005, 07:33
Posts: 23902
Sand$: 8426
Donate
Location: Aggieland
dal.gif
dedela wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
Ok, next question is what kind of stuff do y'all like to do on vacation?



hubby is into history, i like unusual stuff, also love to sample local eateries or markets to sample different type of foods, and of course love going to sports bars and try out different types of beer. if there was a par 3 or executive course wouldnt mind playing some golf.


History: Obviously you've got to go to the Alamo. It's right off the riverwalk. Also, it's much smaller than you might think (yes, yes, I realize that is going to end up in the shark quotes thread). There's almost nothing left of the original wall, but the old church is pretty cool.

Food: Plenty of good food at the riverwalk.

Bars: Like I said before, check out Durty Nelly's. Also, there is a great lobby bar in the Menger Hotel (supposed to be haunted). I've spent several nights just drinking whiskey there.

Golf: Can't help you there. I'm sure there are some good courses, but I don't play.

Other:

New Braunfels, TX is about 20-30 miles north east of San Antonio. Lots of good water activities (tubing, canoeing, etc).
Shiner, TX is an hour and half east of San Antonio. Take the Shiner Brewery tour and taste some of the best beer in Texas.
Sea World is on the south side of San Antonio. Lot's of good aquatic exhibits, including Shamu the killer whale.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 20:42 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
dedela wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
Ok, next question is what kind of stuff do y'all like to do on vacation?



hubby is into history, i like unusual stuff, also love to sample local eateries or markets to sample different type of foods, and of course love going to sports bars and try out different types of beer. if there was a par 3 or executive course wouldnt mind playing some golf.


History: Obviously you've got to go to the Alamo. It's right off the riverwalk. Also, it's much smaller than you might think (yes, yes, I realize that is going to end up in the shark quotes thread). There's almost nothing left of the original wall, but the old church is pretty cool.

Food: Plenty of good food at the riverwalk.

Bars: Like I said before, check out Durty Nelly's. Also, there is a great lobby bar in the Menger Hotel (supposed to be haunted). I've spent several nights just drinking whiskey there.

Golf: Can't help you there. I'm sure there are some good courses, but I don't play.

Other:

New Braunfels, TX is about 20-30 miles north east of San Antonio. Lots of good water activities (tubing, canoeing, etc).
Shiner, TX is an hour and half east of San Antonio. Take the Shiner Brewery tour and taste some of the best beer in Texas.
Sea World is on the south side of San Antonio. Lot's of good aquatic exhibits, including Shamu the killer whale.



thanks for the info


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 21:23 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
Was thinking any sharks in or near those cities I would love to meet up with ya. Drinks will be on me, okay they will be on the hubby, he got a nice pension from the NYPD he can afford it. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.20.2011, 21:36 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.10.2005, 07:33
Posts: 23902
Sand$: 8426
Donate
Location: Aggieland
dal.gif
I'd take you up on that, but I'm 3 hours away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu 07.21.2011, 11:16 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 03.19.2007, 13:56
Posts: 18760
Sand$: 58031
Donate
Location: The Vortex
As far as New Orleans is concerned.....

Your husband could hit the WWII museum as well as anything else located in the city. The Cabildo and Jackson Square have lots of historical significance. In fact New Orleans is one of the oldest cities in the country. There's plenty of historical stuff all around. In Chalmette they have the reenactment of the Battle of New Orleans if he's is into that sort of thing. I don't know if they run in December.

As far as food goes, there's plenty of world class restaurants here. You could shop in the French Quarter. Make sure to hit the French Market. A friend of mine is a vendor there. I can get you shirts and stuff on the cheap. Real cheap in fact - as in free. Free is good. Harrah's Casino is at the foot of Canal Street. There's plenty to do here... food, drink activities. This city has it all in abundance.

_________________
It is the province of knowledge to speak, and the privilege of wisdom to listen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 07.23.2011, 14:58 
Offline
Honorary Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.08.2010, 20:59
Posts: 5520
Sand$: 14978
Donate
sf.gif
WHO wrote:
As far as New Orleans is concerned.....

Your husband could hit the WWII museum as well as anything else located in the city. The Cabildo and Jackson Square have lots of historical significance. In fact New Orleans is one of the oldest cities in the country. There's plenty of historical stuff all around. In Chalmette they have the reenactment of the Battle of New Orleans if he's is into that sort of thing. I don't know if they run in December.

As far as food goes, there's plenty of world class restaurants here. You could shop in the French Quarter. Make sure to hit the French Market. A friend of mine is a vendor there. I can get you shirts and stuff on the cheap. Real cheap in fact - as in free. Free is good. Harrah's Casino is at the foot of Canal Street. There's plenty to do here... food, drink activities. This city has it all in abundance.



Thanks for the info. Was wondering if the track was open?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 07.24.2011, 21:25 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 03.19.2007, 13:56
Posts: 18760
Sand$: 58031
Donate
Location: The Vortex
dedela wrote:
WHO wrote:
As far as New Orleans is concerned.....

Your husband could hit the WWII museum as well as anything else located in the city. The Cabildo and Jackson Square have lots of historical significance. In fact New Orleans is one of the oldest cities in the country. There's plenty of historical stuff all around. In Chalmette they have the reenactment of the Battle of New Orleans if he's is into that sort of thing. I don't know if they run in December.

As far as food goes, there's plenty of world class restaurants here. You could shop in the French Quarter. Make sure to hit the French Market. A friend of mine is a vendor there. I can get you shirts and stuff on the cheap. Real cheap in fact - as in free. Free is good. Harrah's Casino is at the foot of Canal Street. There's plenty to do here... food, drink activities. This city has it all in abundance.



Thanks for the info. Was wondering if the track was open?


Yep, Dede. The Fairgrounds season runs from Thanksgiving week til the end of March. They have slots there now, too.

_________________
It is the province of knowledge to speak, and the privilege of wisdom to listen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 07.30.2011, 17:26 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 05.31.2004, 04:01
Posts: 14533
Sand$: 15587
Donate
Drury is close to everything in New Orleans. I live 2 hours or so north of NOLA so I might be able to make a day trip or something, but it's in December so I can't say for sure. Busy month in my household.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group