FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 10:47

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 14:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38449
Donate
cmurino wrote:
He's my #4 back, but I'll be going with him this week bc of byes. The Raiders run defense is pretty awful, so I think he could have some success.

Raider run DEF has been better the past 2 weeks. Considering it's just the RBs and Bowe to be handled, I would not expect a whole lot from Battle this week.

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 14:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2292
Donate
phi.gif
They've obviously been disappointed with Jones and don't think McCluster can handle a lot of touches or between the tackle runs. So I think they continue to give him an opportunity. I expect 15-20 touches and goal-line if they get there.

WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Mi Floyd, Shorts
TE Julius, Fleener
K Dawson
DEF DEN

Griffmo wrote:
the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 16:04 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1561
Donate
dal.gif
FantasyTom wrote:
They've obviously been disappointed with Jones and don't think McCluster can handle a lot of touches or between the tackle runs. So I think they continue to give him an opportunity. I expect 15-20 touches and goal-line if they get there.

Spot on. Jones is just out of gas, and McCluster can't do anything in the middle. We'll see what he does with those touches, 60-80 plus an occassional TD is a reasonable expectation. Anything more will be gravy.

TE - V. Davis, L. Donnell
K - D. Bailey
DEF - Chargers

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 16:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
Jackie Battle - Good football name, bad football player.

Hope to get a week or two of good stats before the bubble bursts.

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 20:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37760
Donate
chi.gif
Pigskin Pimp wrote:
Im about to give up Tim Tebow for him. Do yall think thats a good deal. My starters are:
Stafford or Eil
R. Rice, Forte
Jennings, Nicks, Julio in my slot
J. Finley
Im just going to take a chance on him.

yes.
If you can move Tebow for a starting RB, any starting RB, do it.

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 20:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6775
Donate
chi.gif
with a name like that, the boy is destined for success

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79RMGLT

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 20:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18480
Donate
phi.gif
With McCoy on a bye, and Best's status TBD, I might have to roll with Jackie. With that said, who knows. I think he's 28 now, and hasn't shown up on the radar until now, which says something. I wouldn't expect much going forward.

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 21:21 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2418
Donate
nfllogo.gif
hankrip wrote:

Same here. I need two good weeks from him, the next two, for flex slot.

TE:Olsen,Reed
K:Brown
Def: Cincy
4/Pass TD, 6/all other TDs
Start: 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE),K,Def

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 21:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2292
Donate
phi.gif
hankrip wrote:

lol yeah, because we're experts on a player's talent level after 79 career touches over a span of several years.... :F

He's 6-2 240 and runs a 4.4 40yd...and just ripped off 141 yards on 21 touches. He's earned an unbiased run at it.

WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Mi Floyd, Shorts
TE Julius, Fleener
K Dawson
DEF DEN

Griffmo wrote:
the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 08:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
FantasyTom wrote:
hankrip wrote:

lol yeah, because we're experts on a player's talent level after 79 career touches over a span of several years.... :F

He's 6-2 240 and runs a 4.4 40yd...and just ripped off 141 yards on 21 touches. He's earned an unbiased run at it.

WOW!!! 6-2 240 4.4!!!!!!!!!...and he has been on ST for 5 years, right?.. So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why? oh yeah, he has the acceleration and lateral movement of Jumbo Elliot.

Opportunity equals FF production, so I am not saying he can't be a bandaid in plus matchups.. but he is what he is..just a guy.

But I like your :F

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:09 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 432
Donate
hankrip wrote:
FantasyTom wrote:
hankrip wrote:

WOW!!! 6-2 240 4.4!!!!!!!!!...and he has been on ST for 5 years, right?.. So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why? oh yeah, he has the acceleration and lateral movement of Jumbo Elliot.

Opportunity equals FF production, so I am not saying he can't be a bandaid in plus matchups.. but he is what he is..just a guy.

But I like your :F

Sometimes decent players fall through the cracks. I would be hesitant to use "5 years on special teams" as my only argument against him. I doubt too many teams could afford to divert time and resources scouting special teamers for RB consideration. He was never going to become a Running back over Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones or McCluster. He's not elusive like Charles or McCluster and there wasn't any room for another downhill runner on that offense. The dynamic of that team has changed and now he has opportunity to prove he might be more than a special teamer, let's just wait and see instead of speculating. At the very least, he could be good enough to replace Thomas Jones once Charles returns.

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:17 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
im just hoping to be able to get 1 good week out of him this week as I apparently wasnt paying attention to bye weeks at my draft

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:17 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
im just hoping to be able to get 1 good week out of him this week as I apparently wasnt paying attention to bye weeks at my draft

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:23 
Chum

Sand$: 76
Donate
hankrip wrote:
So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why?

Why wasn't A. Foster drafted? Why weren't current players like Grant, Blount and Bradshaw given the rock day one? S. Alexander turned out being pretty decent while waiting his turn behind Ricky Watters. McCallister played the roll till rasta was out.

Came in same year as Charles, behind what was considered a superstar in Larry Johnson. Had some real fumble issues. Charles became the lightning to LJ's thunder. When LJ plummeted and Charles looked ready, the current coaching staff brought in another name T Jones to replace Johnson. Charles continued to look superstar and it was looking like another season as such.

Tim Hansel said that "Necessity is the author of change." Charles injury, TJ getting older than dirt, defenses dropping on Cassell. Why not give this guy a shot that has been quietly doing whats been told of him, improving every season (don't have links but said in interviews prior to the Colt game).

He's not going to be the lightning. He's the thunder that TJ isn't. The physical style of play that an 0-2 demoralized team needed to become motivated again. The guy that can get yardage and keep the secondary honest helping the passing game. Is he the next superstar? Probably not. But a good chance that he will continue to get carries and to prod forward and give 70ish yards and a 40% chance at a TD per game.

Or he could suck eggs, fumble three times and go back to the waiver pile monday. That's why they play the games...

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 14:50 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1089
Donate
pong wrote:
hankrip wrote:
So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why?

Why wasn't A. Foster drafted? Why weren't current players like Grant, Blount and Bradshaw given the rock day one? S. Alexander turned out being pretty decent while waiting his turn behind Ricky Watters. McCallister played the roll till rasta was out.

Came in same year as Charles, behind what was considered a superstar in Larry Johnson. Had some real fumble issues. Charles became the lightning to LJ's thunder. When LJ plummeted and Charles looked ready, the current coaching staff brought in another name T Jones to replace Johnson. Charles continued to look superstar and it was looking like another season as such.

Tim Hansel said that "Necessity is the author of change." Charles injury, TJ getting older than dirt, defenses dropping on Cassell. Why not give this guy a shot that has been quietly doing whats been told of him, improving every season (don't have links but said in interviews prior to the Colt game).

He's not going to be the lightning. He's the thunder that TJ isn't. The physical style of play that an 0-2 demoralized team needed to become motivated again. The guy that can get yardage and keep the secondary honest helping the passing game. Is he the next superstar? Probably not. But a good chance that he will continue to get carries and to prod forward and give 70ish yards and a 40% chance at a TD per game.

Or he could suck eggs, fumble three times and go back to the waiver pile monday. That's why they play the games...

Nice post. =D>

WR: Marshall, Maclin, Wayne, Austin, Collie, McCluster
TE: Hernandez
PK: Hartley
TD: Lions, Eagles

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next