FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 10:47

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 14:11 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Tue 06.12.2007, 20:49
Posts: 8400
Sand$: 38449
Donate
cmurino wrote:
He's my #4 back, but I'll be going with him this week bc of byes. The Raiders run defense is pretty awful, so I think he could have some success.


Raider run DEF has been better the past 2 weeks. Considering it's just the RBs and Bowe to be handled, I would not expect a whole lot from Battle this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 14:26 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2011, 11:56
Posts: 1653
Sand$: 2292
Donate
phi.gif
They've obviously been disappointed with Jones and don't think McCluster can handle a lot of touches or between the tackle runs. So I think they continue to give him an opportunity. I expect 15-20 touches and goal-line if they get there.

_________________
Bottom-Dweller League 34 9-2
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB Gio, Bell, Denard, L Murray, Herron
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Mi Floyd, Shorts
TE Julius, Fleener
K Dawson
DEF DEN

Griffmo wrote:
the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 16:04 
Offline
Mako Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 11.06.2007, 17:50
Posts: 711
Sand$: 1561
Donate
Location: Right behind you...
dal.gif
FantasyTom wrote:
They've obviously been disappointed with Jones and don't think McCluster can handle a lot of touches or between the tackle runs. So I think they continue to give him an opportunity. I expect 15-20 touches and goal-line if they get there.



Spot on. Jones is just out of gas, and McCluster can't do anything in the middle. We'll see what he does with those touches, 60-80 plus an occassional TD is a reasonable expectation. Anything more will be gravy.

_________________
QB - T. Brady
RB - J. Charles, A. Morris, T. Richardson, B. Tate, K. Moreno
WR - J. Jones, A. Green, R. Wayne, P. Garcon, R. Randle
TE - V. Davis, L. Donnell
K - D. Bailey
DEF - Chargers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 16:06 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7847
Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
Jackie Battle - Good football name, bad football player.

Hope to get a week or two of good stats before the bubble bursts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 20:28 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14693
Sand$: 37760
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Pigskin Pimp wrote:
Im about to give up Tim Tebow for him. Do yall think thats a good deal. My starters are:
Stafford or Eil
R. Rice, Forte
Jennings, Nicks, Julio in my slot
J. Finley
Im just going to take a chance on him.


yes.
If you can move Tebow for a starting RB, any starting RB, do it.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 20:32 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.20.2006, 13:40
Posts: 6039
Sand$: 6775
Donate
chi.gif
with a name like that, the boy is destined for success

_________________
FF SURVEY (10/6/14)!
I'd greatly appreciate approx. 10-15 minutes of your time to complete the following survey. I can't offer you money or prizes but Lady Karma will reward you for supporting the sciences!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79RMGLT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 20:36 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 08.17.2006, 21:25
Posts: 7146
Sand$: 18480
Donate
Location: Chester County PA
phi.gif
With McCoy on a bye, and Best's status TBD, I might have to roll with Jackie. With that said, who knows. I think he's 28 now, and hasn't shown up on the radar until now, which says something. I wouldn't expect much going forward.

_________________
Image + :musik010: + :Drink) + :action-smiley-035: = This Guy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 21:21 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.06.2009, 09:08
Posts: 1273
Sand$: 2418
Donate
nfllogo.gif
hankrip wrote:
Jackie Battle - Good football name, bad football player.

Hope to get a week or two of good stats before the bubble bursts.



Same here. I need two good weeks from him, the next two, for flex slot.

_________________
QB:Newton,Rivers
RB:Spiller,Forte,DBrown,Woodhead,FJax
WR:VJax,Welker,Jennings,Harvin,Cooper,Burleson
TE:Olsen,Reed
K:Brown
Def: Cincy
4/Pass TD, 6/all other TDs
Start: 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE),K,Def


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 21:49 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2011, 11:56
Posts: 1653
Sand$: 2292
Donate
phi.gif
hankrip wrote:
Jackie Battle - Good football name, bad football player.

Hope to get a week or two of good stats before the bubble bursts.

lol yeah, because we're experts on a player's talent level after 79 career touches over a span of several years.... :F

He's 6-2 240 and runs a 4.4 40yd...and just ripped off 141 yards on 21 touches. He's earned an unbiased run at it.

_________________
Bottom-Dweller League 34 9-2
QB Stafford, Rivers
RB Gio, Bell, Denard, L Murray, Herron
WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Mi Floyd, Shorts
TE Julius, Fleener
K Dawson
DEF DEN

Griffmo wrote:
the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 08:59 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7847
Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
FantasyTom wrote:
hankrip wrote:
Jackie Battle - Good football name, bad football player.

Hope to get a week or two of good stats before the bubble bursts.

lol yeah, because we're experts on a player's talent level after 79 career touches over a span of several years.... :F

He's 6-2 240 and runs a 4.4 40yd...and just ripped off 141 yards on 21 touches. He's earned an unbiased run at it.



WOW!!! 6-2 240 4.4!!!!!!!!!...and he has been on ST for 5 years, right?.. So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why? oh yeah, he has the acceleration and lateral movement of Jumbo Elliot.

Opportunity equals FF production, so I am not saying he can't be a bandaid in plus matchups.. but he is what he is..just a guy.

But I like your :F

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:09 
Offline
Whale Shark

Joined: Sat 08.06.2011, 00:50
Posts: 1139
Sand$: 432
Donate
hankrip wrote:
FantasyTom wrote:
hankrip wrote:
Jackie Battle - Good football name, bad football player.

Hope to get a week or two of good stats before the bubble bursts.

lol yeah, because we're experts on a player's talent level after 79 career touches over a span of several years.... :F

He's 6-2 240 and runs a 4.4 40yd...and just ripped off 141 yards on 21 touches. He's earned an unbiased run at it.



WOW!!! 6-2 240 4.4!!!!!!!!!...and he has been on ST for 5 years, right?.. So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why? oh yeah, he has the acceleration and lateral movement of Jumbo Elliot.

Opportunity equals FF production, so I am not saying he can't be a bandaid in plus matchups.. but he is what he is..just a guy.

But I like your :F


Sometimes decent players fall through the cracks. I would be hesitant to use "5 years on special teams" as my only argument against him. I doubt too many teams could afford to divert time and resources scouting special teamers for RB consideration. He was never going to become a Running back over Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones or McCluster. He's not elusive like Charles or McCluster and there wasn't any room for another downhill runner on that offense. The dynamic of that team has changed and now he has opportunity to prove he might be more than a special teamer, let's just wait and see instead of speculating. At the very least, he could be good enough to replace Thomas Jones once Charles returns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:17 
Offline
HammerHead Shark

Joined: Thu 09.08.2011, 11:59
Posts: 927
Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
im just hoping to be able to get 1 good week out of him this week as I apparently wasnt paying attention to bye weeks at my draft


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:17 
Offline
HammerHead Shark

Joined: Thu 09.08.2011, 11:59
Posts: 927
Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
im just hoping to be able to get 1 good week out of him this week as I apparently wasnt paying attention to bye weeks at my draft


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 13:23 
Offline
Chum

Joined: Tue 11.23.2010, 11:35
Posts: 38
Sand$: 76
Donate
hankrip wrote:
So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why?


Why wasn't A. Foster drafted? Why weren't current players like Grant, Blount and Bradshaw given the rock day one? S. Alexander turned out being pretty decent while waiting his turn behind Ricky Watters. McCallister played the roll till rasta was out.

Came in same year as Charles, behind what was considered a superstar in Larry Johnson. Had some real fumble issues. Charles became the lightning to LJ's thunder. When LJ plummeted and Charles looked ready, the current coaching staff brought in another name T Jones to replace Johnson. Charles continued to look superstar and it was looking like another season as such.

Tim Hansel said that "Necessity is the author of change." Charles injury, TJ getting older than dirt, defenses dropping on Cassell. Why not give this guy a shot that has been quietly doing whats been told of him, improving every season (don't have links but said in interviews prior to the Colt game).

He's not going to be the lightning. He's the thunder that TJ isn't. The physical style of play that an 0-2 demoralized team needed to become motivated again. The guy that can get yardage and keep the secondary honest helping the passing game. Is he the next superstar? Probably not. But a good chance that he will continue to get carries and to prod forward and give 70ish yards and a 40% chance at a TD per game.

Or he could suck eggs, fumble three times and go back to the waiver pile monday. That's why they play the games...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 14:50 
Offline
Blue Shark

Joined: Mon 08.25.2008, 20:43
Posts: 340
Sand$: 1089
Donate
Location: NOVA
pong wrote:
hankrip wrote:
So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why?


Why wasn't A. Foster drafted? Why weren't current players like Grant, Blount and Bradshaw given the rock day one? S. Alexander turned out being pretty decent while waiting his turn behind Ricky Watters. McCallister played the roll till rasta was out.

Came in same year as Charles, behind what was considered a superstar in Larry Johnson. Had some real fumble issues. Charles became the lightning to LJ's thunder. When LJ plummeted and Charles looked ready, the current coaching staff brought in another name T Jones to replace Johnson. Charles continued to look superstar and it was looking like another season as such.

Tim Hansel said that "Necessity is the author of change." Charles injury, TJ getting older than dirt, defenses dropping on Cassell. Why not give this guy a shot that has been quietly doing whats been told of him, improving every season (don't have links but said in interviews prior to the Colt game).

He's not going to be the lightning. He's the thunder that TJ isn't. The physical style of play that an 0-2 demoralized team needed to become motivated again. The guy that can get yardage and keep the secondary honest helping the passing game. Is he the next superstar? Probably not. But a good chance that he will continue to get carries and to prod forward and give 70ish yards and a 40% chance at a TD per game.

Or he could suck eggs, fumble three times and go back to the waiver pile monday. That's why they play the games...



Nice post. =D>

_________________
Remembering Brandon Marshall
QB: Ryan, Cutler
RB: Rice, Charles, Hillis, KSmith,
WR: Marshall, Maclin, Wayne, Austin, Collie, McCluster
TE: Hernandez
PK: Hartley
TD: Lions, Eagles


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group