FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.29.2014, 11:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 15:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9312
Donate
dal.gif
Adso wrote:
pong wrote:
hankrip wrote:
So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why?

Why wasn't A. Foster drafted? Why weren't current players like Grant, Blount and Bradshaw given the rock day one? S. Alexander turned out being pretty decent while waiting his turn behind Ricky Watters. McCallister played the roll till rasta was out.

Came in same year as Charles, behind what was considered a superstar in Larry Johnson. Had some real fumble issues. Charles became the lightning to LJ's thunder. When LJ plummeted and Charles looked ready, the current coaching staff brought in another name T Jones to replace Johnson. Charles continued to look superstar and it was looking like another season as such.

Tim Hansel said that "Necessity is the author of change." Charles injury, TJ getting older than dirt, defenses dropping on Cassell. Why not give this guy a shot that has been quietly doing whats been told of him, improving every season (don't have links but said in interviews prior to the Colt game).

He's not going to be the lightning. He's the thunder that TJ isn't. The physical style of play that an 0-2 demoralized team needed to become motivated again. The guy that can get yardage and keep the secondary honest helping the passing game. Is he the next superstar? Probably not. But a good chance that he will continue to get carries and to prod forward and give 70ish yards and a 40% chance at a TD per game.

Or he could suck eggs, fumble three times and go back to the waiver pile monday. That's why they play the games...

Nice post. =D>

Agreed!! :thumbright:

I picked Battle up because I had 1st waiver choice. I expect nothing, so if I get something I'm happy. The bottom line is allot of us got a starting running back (for know) off the waiver wire in week 4 or 5. I will take those odds every time.

TE- Whitten,Clay
K- Hauschika, Prater
D- DET,Cincy

Disclaimer-We have to carry 2 (TE) 2 (K) and 2 (D) on our roster at all time

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 15:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8655
Donate
chi.gif
md2002 wrote:
Adso wrote:
pong wrote:
hankrip wrote:
So what does that tell you the "experts" ie the NFL talent evaluators think of him?? GMs and scouts that watch film on every player in the league 24/7 never traded for or promoted him to even a RB3 spot.. why?

Why wasn't A. Foster drafted? Why weren't current players like Grant, Blount and Bradshaw given the rock day one? S. Alexander turned out being pretty decent while waiting his turn behind Ricky Watters. McCallister played the roll till rasta was out.

Came in same year as Charles, behind what was considered a superstar in Larry Johnson. Had some real fumble issues. Charles became the lightning to LJ's thunder. When LJ plummeted and Charles looked ready, the current coaching staff brought in another name T Jones to replace Johnson. Charles continued to look superstar and it was looking like another season as such.

Tim Hansel said that "Necessity is the author of change." Charles injury, TJ getting older than dirt, defenses dropping on Cassell. Why not give this guy a shot that has been quietly doing whats been told of him, improving every season (don't have links but said in interviews prior to the Colt game).

He's not going to be the lightning. He's the thunder that TJ isn't. The physical style of play that an 0-2 demoralized team needed to become motivated again. The guy that can get yardage and keep the secondary honest helping the passing game. Is he the next superstar? Probably not. But a good chance that he will continue to get carries and to prod forward and give 70ish yards and a 40% chance at a TD per game.

Or he could suck eggs, fumble three times and go back to the waiver pile monday. That's why they play the games...

Nice post. =D>

Agreed!! :thumbright:

I picked Battle up because I had 1st waiver choice. I expect nothing, so if I get something I'm happy. The bottom line is allot of us got a starting running back (for know) off the waiver wire in week 4 or 5. I will take those odds every time.

Great f-ing post. Nice work and my sentiments exactly. People tend to forget about the politics in the NFL too. A guy like Battle doesn't sell season tickets like a rugged vet or a 1-3 rounder. Nobody saw Hillis coming last year either (not even Broncos who should have had plenty of oportunities) and he did pretty wel for a season at least. I don't know if you recall Reuben Droughns who did a simular season in the Broncos. Grant is another fine example. I expect something like that. Battle will not be a flashy back. He have to earn his spot every day until he looses it anyway to someone more talented. And being kept year in and year out for 5 years tells me he is a hard worker. The players with his background do not get any freebies. I think he will be ok for FF purposes for at least the season.

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 15:48 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1184
Donate
gb.gif
I have McCoy/BJGE on bye, Blount out, so I'm rolling with Battle and Murray or Hardesty this week.. LOL

Oh, and Nicks on bye too, so Greg Little is in.

I'm 5-1 going against another 5-1 who has no-one on bye. FML.

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 22:50 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2418
Donate
nfllogo.gif
pong wrote:
hankrip wrote:

Don't forget Brady. And wasn't Joe Montana drafted in the 3rd round?

TE:Olsen,Reed
K:Brown
Def: Cincy
4/Pass TD, 6/all other TDs
Start: 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE),K,Def

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 07:41 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 188
Donate
nyg.gif
I'm playing him out of desperation this week. In addition to all that has been said, KC has a very good run blocking line and Battle running behind McClain is an awful lot of man to stop, so you have to figure there will be plenty of positive yards.... that said, Oakland is one of the few teams that has a front 7 big enough to go man on man with them.... add in that Bowe is their only real passing game weapon, which could be checked by Routt if he has a good game... and... the winner here is Steve Breaston for this week? :-k

Timing is everything...

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 11:05 
Chum

Sand$: 68
Donate
Is it ridiculous to believe Jackie Battle is a top-20 RB from here on out? I don't know why, I just have this feeling. With Jones and McCluster as compliments, Battle should get all or most of the GL touches. I know his big game was against the Colts but it was his first game over 13 carries in his NFL career, and only his second in double-digits (you have to go all the way back to 2007 though). The guy has fresh legs, and we've seen this kind of thing before. What if he's a Michael Turner?

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 12:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1157
Donate
gb.gif
I agree with Rotoworld on the highlighted parts:

Quote:
Jackie Battle is practicing fully and is not on the Chiefs' Week 7 injury report.

Battle is a full go as the Chiefs come out of their bye. He's a strong bet to lead Kansas City's backfield in touches against a Raiders defense that is yielding 4.9 yards per carry on the season. Dexter McCluster and Thomas Jones will be sprinkled in lightly, making Battle a low-end RB2.
Related: Dexter McCluster, Thomas Jones
Source: Kansas City Star Oct 20 - 12:32 PM

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 12:49 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
I've got no choice but to play him, Everybody but ingram and him are on bye.

hoping for 60 yards and a TD, not expecting that though

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 15:16 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1028
Donate
tb.gif
I think what it comes down to my league in my sig, battle/murray as my 2 rb starters :( I'll be hoping for a big game! Might need more :Drink) during sunday though...

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 15:27 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3
Donate
Due to bye week, injury, and a trade I now looking at Battle, Morris (If Best sits, as I expect), and Hardesty as my starting options this week. Battle looks taisty as all could be in that bunch. :P

Next week I wont "need" him so it will be interesting to see if/how he progresses.

J. Thomas, Wright
Dawson
CIN,DET

PostPosted: Fri 10.21.2011, 00:31 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2673
Donate
gb.gif
i think we are all in the same boat. Starting him but not expecting more than 10 fantasy points. Hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Fri 10.21.2011, 01:05 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 120
Donate
tb.gif
would you play battle over ingram in a point per carry league?

PostPosted: Fri 10.21.2011, 01:09 
Chum

Sand$: 68
Donate
Yes. Expect 15-20 carries from Battle. Ingram might score but won't see the same opportunities as Battle.

PostPosted: Fri 10.21.2011, 18:30 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3
Donate
I will say this, the last time I picked up a 3rd/4th string KC RB that was getting "his chance" I won my league and it wasnt even close :wink: ... :roll: LJ :roll:

J. Thomas, Wright
Dawson
CIN,DET

PostPosted: Fri 10.21.2011, 19:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13790
Donate
atl.gif
I have to march out a front line of Jackie Battle, Ryan Torain, and Mike Tolbert in a flex due to BYE weeks and injuries. I'm hopeful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next