FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.16.2014, 10:25

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 21:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 52
Donate
atl.gif
runvus17 wrote:
tmidgley wrote:
Dropping Jones. Battle appears to be taking over although KC hasn't exactly proven to be an offensive power this year either way

Mccluster got way too many carries and McClain got the goal line work...he may have some decent games, but if he only put up 70 yards on an Oakland team that gets gashed by the run, when KC was up 20+ the entire second half, I'd say he is a huge risk at best....I'd pass, unless your other options are like Keiland Williams or Lance Ball, then I'd take a look...

oh, and if you look half way down the page, there is already a Jackie Battle thread....the search function is your friend :thumbright:

EDIT: this was directed at OP, not you Midgely

Phew... I was fixin to get my feelins hurt

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 22:09 
Chum

Sand$: 16
Donate
In the eye test he wasn't overly impressive..one cuts seems to take whats given but doesn't have that explosive element.. I picked him up myself so hopefully the KC offense continues to get better and perhaps he gets some TD's.. But i'm not overly impressed with his talent to this point..

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 22:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2058
Donate
phi.gif
runvus17 wrote:
if he only put up 70 yards on an Oakland team that gets gashed by the run...I'd say he is a huge risk at best

For what it's worth, OAK held CLE's RBs to 17-49 and HOU RBs to 24-70 the previous 2 weeks. I'd say that's pretty good.

WR Welker, Wallace, Cooks, Tate, Hunter
TE Julius
K Dawson
DEF ARZ

Last edited by FantasyTom on Mon 10.24.2011, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 23:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 54227
Donate
FantasyTom wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
if he only put up 70 yards on an Oakland team that gets gashed by the run

For what it's worth, OAK held CLE's RBs to 17-49 and HOU RBs to 24-70 the previous 2 weeks. I'd say that's pretty good.

Yeah, Oakland has definitely tightened up over the past few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 23:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4208
Donate
FantasyTom wrote:
runvus17 wrote:
if he only put up 70 yards on an Oakland team that gets gashed by the run...I'd say he is a huge risk at best

touche

[quote="tha1000"]I would sell low on Shonn Greene if I could find somebody willing to trade me a bag of doritos for the guy... If I could figure out the physics of it, I would kick myself square in the nuts for drafting that clown.[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 10:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1105
Donate
gb.gif
We'll find out a lot the next 3 weeks.

SD, MIA and Den are all middle of the road as far as run D, and all 3 games are at KC.

If they feature him, over 20 touches per game, he should be a decent play. I'm going to ride him and see what happens.

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 11:10 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1072
Donate
tb.gif
he'll ride the bench for me in place for sproles/bradshaw/murray until he hits paydirt.

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 11:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1105
Donate
gb.gif
akromam90 wrote:
he'll ride the bench for me in place for sproles/bradshaw/murray until he hits paydirt.

I should've qualified my statement. In the League I own him in, my options are not great and bye week 8 is going to be a tough one.

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 11:27 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2285
Donate
sea.gif
BENSONtm wrote:
In the eye test he wasn't overly impressive..one cuts seems to take whats given but doesn't have that explosive element.. I picked him up myself so hopefully the KC offense continues to get better and perhaps he gets some TD's.. But i'm not overly impressed with his talent to this point..

dude moves piles. i watched the game. i liked what i saw. if you were expecting a shifty quick RB from a 240 monster than i don't know what to tell you. probably should start analyzing a different sport. he's not going to be a guy that breaks 50 yard runs. he's gonna be a guy that turns 2 and 3 yard runs into 3-5 yard runs. and i'm not going to lie... there was a couple runs where he went outside the tackles and he looked fine.

QB - Ryan
RB - Ball, Bradshaw, Grimes
WR - BMarsh, Cordarrelle, Wayne, Sanders, Benjamin, Kearse
TE - Rudolph, Kelce

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 11:49 
Chum

Sand$: 16
Donate
cowanj2005 wrote:
BENSONtm wrote:

dude moves piles. i watched the game. i liked what i saw. if you were expecting a shifty quick RB from a 240 monster than i don't know what to tell you. probably should start analyzing a different sport. he's not going to be a guy that breaks 50 yard runs. he's gonna be a guy that turns 2 and 3 yard runs into 3-5 yard runs. and i'm not going to lie... there was a couple runs where he went outside the tackles and he looked fine.

Objectivity for players they own seems to be a tough nut to crack for some people....

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 12:13 
Whale Shark

Donate
sea.gif
BENSONtm wrote:
cowanj2005 wrote:
BENSONtm wrote:

Objectivity for players they own seems to be a tough nut to crack for some people....

please... i never said he was an elite blazing hole busting RB... I said he moves the pile. he knocks LB's back some and gets an extra yard or two where a smaller shiftier back goes down. those yards add up. he had ZERO plays for negative yardage. McCluster had 3. Jones had five.

Week five he had only one. So in his last 35 carries he has 1 carry for a loss of yards. I agree he isn't more of a one cut back. I'm just saying he looks like a guy that will do well after first contact.

And distaste for players they don't own seems to be a tough nut to crack for some people....

QB - Ryan
TE - Rudolph, Kelce

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 12:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14381
Donate
He did fine this week. 4.8 ypc is just dandy. He filled in fine for my bye week. If I had to rely on him week to week I'd be scared, but as a spot fill, he's just fine.

¸„ø¤ „ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¨°º¤

PostPosted: Tue 10.25.2011, 12:37 
Whale Shark

Donate
sea.gif
hemol wrote:
He did fine this week. 4.8 ypc is just dandy. He filled in fine for my bye week. If I had to rely on him week to week I'd be scared, but as a spot fill, he's just fine.

no doubt... in a 10-12 team league it would be awful to have to rely on him. In a 16 team league where you can start 3 RB's he's a great flex on non bye weeks with some decent upside. He's clearly capable of moving the ball. He's not exciting, unless you like watching LB's get beat up.

QB - Ryan
TE - Rudolph, Kelce