FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 19:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Torain, Ryan - RB WAS -
PostPosted: Tue 09.27.2011, 09:52 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 8382
Donate
dal.gif
This thread is intended for individual player discussion.

Breaking news or injury status may still be posted in the Main Tank, but will be merged into these threads after sufficient time has passed. Mods will update the thread title to include these breaking reports as soon as they can. To aid in letting us know when this occurs, please use the report function to alert us when an update needs to be made.

Please continue to post WSIS, TRADE, WAIVER, and DRAFT question in their appropriate forums.

For additional news, stats, and projections on this player, please see his Fantasy Sharks Player Page.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 08:01 
Chum

Sand$: 120
Donate
Wow, you know it's bad when a player scores your team negative points for the fantasy week.

As unimpressive as his past 2 weeks have been, he has yet ANOTHER soft line up week 8, and I have to admit from watching his two carries this week, it was really the fault of the blockers as opposed to him. How much do you trust him as a starter in week 8 against Buffalo now that Hightower is injured again? How reliable do you think he is as a player in general for the rest of the season?

TE: Gonzalez
K: Tynes

LB: Washington, Laurainitis, Lofton
DB: Pollard, Branch
DL: Atkins, Williams

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 08:07 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2226
Donate
sea.gif
Noobsauce wrote:
Wow, you know it's bad when a player scores your team negative points for the fantasy week.

As unimpressive as his past 2 weeks have been, he has yet ANOTHER soft line up week 8, and I have to admit from watching his two carries this week, it was really the fault of the blockers as opposed to him. How much do you trust him as a starter in week 8 against Buffalo now that Hightower is injured again? How reliable do you think he is as a player in general for the rest of the season?

his ability to be, or not to be reliable is superseded by the unpredictability of his coach... we may never know how reliable torain could be.

QB - Ryan
RB - Shady
RB/WR - McKinnon
WR - K.Benj
WR - Holmes
WR/TE - Reed
TE - Kelce

Bench: Josh Gordon, Branden Oliver, Crowell, Hunter

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 14:05 
Chum

Sand$: 120
Donate
I agree. My only confidence in his play time is the fact that Hightower was injured. I know they had a 3rd RB in the Carolina game that got more touches than Torrain, but him competing with a 3rd stringer instead of him and Hightower is encouraging.

I honestly think he has a good shot at coming back and doing decent, but I'm still skeptical whether its worth the risk anymore.

TE: Gonzalez
K: Tynes

LB: Washington, Laurainitis, Lofton
DB: Pollard, Branch
DL: Atkins, Williams

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 15:32 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 288
Donate
den.gif
I put a lot of stock in him this week too because I know Shanny loves him.
I was hoping he would be a solid RB2 once he started getting the ball and then sure enough Shanny goes back to Hightower. It should be a lot easier now that Shanny only has two backs to rotate instead of three. It seems that he just likes Helu as a change of pace guy.

PostPosted: Mon 10.24.2011, 16:42 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2226
Donate
sea.gif
HolyTDs wrote:
I put a lot of stock in him this week too because I know Shanny loves him.
I was hoping he would be a solid RB2 once he started getting the ball and then sure enough Shanny goes back to Hightower. It should be a lot easier now that Shanny only has two backs to rotate instead of three. It seems that he just likes Helu as a change of pace guy.

i agree in principal. problem is that every time i think i got this one nailed i get a goose egg on my box score. unfortunately i'm in a 16 team league and lost felix for 2-4 and now maybe permanently cause of douche bag murray. so i'm rocking greene, torain and battle... sigh i need all of these guys to perform at decent levels... i'm doomed... placing you teams future in the hands of shannahan is dangerous. thinking you have him figured out is even more dangerous.

QB - Ryan
RB - Shady
RB/WR - McKinnon
WR - K.Benj
WR - Holmes
WR/TE - Reed
TE - Kelce

Bench: Josh Gordon, Branden Oliver, Crowell, Hunter