FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 06:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue 09.27.2011, 09:43 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 9740
Donate
dal.gif
This thread is intended for individual player discussion.

Breaking news or injury status may still be posted in the Main Tank, but will be merged into these threads after sufficient time has passed. Mods will update the thread title to include these breaking reports as soon as they can. To aid in letting us know when this occurs, please use the report function to alert us when an update needs to be made.

Please continue to post WSIS, TRADE, WAIVER, and DRAFT question in their appropriate forums.

For additional news, stats, and projections on this player, please see his Fantasy Sharks Player Page.

PostPosted: Tue 10.04.2011, 14:11 

Sand$: 3341
Donate
hou.gif
I'm thinking McNabb is murdering Adrian Peterson's fantasy value...he is 8th ranked of all RB's in my league, but there's no explosive games out of him like I've seen in the past. I'm almost considering trading him to upgrade elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 13:34 

Sand$: 46919
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
The St. Paul Pioneer Press' Jeremy Fowler reports Adrian Peterson has been diagnosed with a high-ankle spain.
Peterson is one of the league's most durable players and a noted quick healer, but he's still likely to be sidelined for a minimum of 2-4 weeks. That means the running load in Minnesota will fall on Toby Gerhart, and fantasy players can expect to be without this season's fourth most productive running back through at least mid-December. Gerhart struggled against the Raiders on Sunday and has a tough Week 12 matchup in the Falcons, but is still a must add in all formats. Lorenzo Booker is third on the depth chart for the Vikings.

:cry:

Last edited by endzoneview on Tue 11.29.2011, 12:20, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 13:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1615
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
The St. Paul Pioneer Press' Jeremy Fowler reports Adrian Peterson has been diagnosed with a high-ankle spain.
Peterson is one of the league's most durable players and a noted quick healer, but he's still likely to be sidelined for a minimum of 2-4 weeks. That means the running load in Minnesota will fall on Toby Gerhart, and fantasy players can expect to be without this season's fourth most productive running back through at least mid-December. Gerhart struggled against the Raiders on Sunday and has a tough Week 12 matchup in the Falcons, but is still a must add in all formats. Lorenzo Booker is third on the depth chart for the Vikings.

Never thought I'd see the words Gerhart and must add used in the same sentence.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 13:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12112
Donate
ind.gif
Tough blow for a guy who was tearing it up. It seems like injuries just continue to pile up, as now with ADP & Fjax (only slightly dinged), the RB staple has become a huge concern. Think about the RB's that you truly trust right now:

1. Arian Foster
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Ray Rice
4. Matt Forte (? with QB issues)
5. Michael Turner
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. Fred Jackson (injury & OL concerns?)
8. DeMarco Murray (I might move him up at least 1 spot)
9. Frank Gore (healthy?)
10. Steven Jackson

I don't know that there are many other RB's that I trust right now. Maybe somebody will emerge. If you have 2 of those 10, you are doing pretty good.

TE: Jason Witten
Def: NY Giants
K: Sea Bass

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 13:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22374
Donate
min.gif
I would not be surprised to see Harvin used at RB over the next few weeks. He is by far the Vikings best RB now that AP is out.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 13:59 
SandShark

Sand$: 202
Donate
phi.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

perhaps your information is a slightly stale, but rotoworld reported the following:

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Monday that Adrian Peterson has a Grade 1 high left ankle sprain.

The Grade 1 characterization is the most mild high ankle sprain possible. Peterson is still going to be very questionable to play in Week 12, but glass-half full fantasy owners can view it as a positive with a matchup with Atlanta's stout run defense on the slate. While Peterson is one of the league's most durable players and a noted quick healer, he's still likely to be sidelined for one game. That means the running load in Minnesota would fall on Toby Gerhart and Percy Harvin. Gerhart struggled against the Raiders on Sunday and has a tough Week 12 matchup, but is still a must add in all formats. Harvin may actually get the biggest boost in terms of surefire fantasy starters. The Vikings have used him at tailback in I-formation packages this season. He carried the rock five times in Week 11.

While this is still quite unsettling for an adrian peterson owner, myself, it's still a more optimistic outlook than from your source.

Starters:
Ryan
DmC, Bradshaw
Marshall, Jordy, Welker
Pitta
Matchup
Bryant

Bench: d. martin, 'quizz, rudolph, v. brown, t. young, hernandez, k. smith, hawkins

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1615
Donate
gb.gif
cgottuso wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

perhaps your information is a slightly stale, but rotoworld reported the following:

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Monday that Adrian Peterson has a Grade 1 high left ankle sprain.

The Grade 1 characterization is the most mild high ankle sprain possible. Peterson is still going to be very questionable to play in Week 12, but glass-half full fantasy owners can view it as a positive with a matchup with Atlanta's stout run defense on the slate. While Peterson is one of the league's most durable players and a noted quick healer, he's still likely to be sidelined for one game. That means the running load in Minnesota would fall on Toby Gerhart and Percy Harvin. Gerhart struggled against the Raiders on Sunday and has a tough Week 12 matchup, but is still a must add in all formats. Harvin may actually get the biggest boost in terms of surefire fantasy starters. The Vikings have used him at tailback in I-formation packages this season. He carried the rock five times in Week 11.

While this is still quite unsettling for an adrian peterson owner, myself, it's still a more optimistic outlook than from your source.

As an AP owner myself, I hope you're right. But even though he's "durable and a quick healer" I'm not sure whether the injury may make him less effective even if he does come back earlier.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
since i dont have him this year in any league..hope he sits a good long while. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:24 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3561
Donate
Location: Im throwing down a Goody powder and getting ready for another day
den.gif
Percy Harvin gets the biggest bump. Too bad I dont own him in any league.

RED OCTOBER IN THE LOU

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 8410
Donate
oak.gif
As an AP owner, I hope he does sit vs ATL. I don't need him next week but rather, a few weeks from now.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:28 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 354
Donate
min.gif
I think the Vikings will make sure he's 100% before even thinking about him taking the field. Is there any chance that they shut him down for the remainder of the season with this season being "lost"?

I don't have him, but I need the team that does have him to win the next two weeks for me to have a chance to get into the playoffs. So this is terrible news!

TPK: Cowboys

Last edited by El Scorcho on Mon 11.21.2011, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6
Donate
no.gif
mitjones wrote:
Tough blow for a guy who was tearing it up. It seems like injuries just continue to pile up, as now with ADP & Fjax (only slightly dinged), the RB staple has become a huge concern. Think about the RB's that you truly trust right now:

1. Arian Foster
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Ray Rice
5. Michael Turner
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
9. Frank Gore (healthy?)
10. Steven Jackson

I don't know that there are many other RB's that I trust right now. Maybe somebody will emerge. If you have 2 of those 10, you are doing pretty good.

Michael Bush cracks my top 10 until McFadden proves he can practice for a week and play, but I get your point.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174826
Donate
dal.gif
tough blow for peterson owners here. with the fantasy playoffs looming for most leagues at week 14, this is a tricky spot. with him likely out this week, and also likely next....week 14 would be a likely return date.

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 14:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9667
Donate
det.gif
tha1000 wrote:
mitjones wrote:

1. Arian Foster
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Ray Rice
5. Michael Turner
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
9. Frank Gore (healthy?)
10. Steven Jackson

Michael Bush cracks my top 10 until McFadden proves he can practice for a week and play, but I get your point.

Good call. I was thinking the same thing.

*Closed until next season*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next