FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.22.2014, 00:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed 10.12.2011, 00:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 985
Donate
stl.gif
I'm not really sure what to make of this Mason trade. On the one hand they can't seriously expect Mason to come in and replace a fraction of what Andre can do, which would make it more likely that he's been brought in just as depth. But then again, it's a move that smacks of desperation.

PostPosted: Wed 10.12.2011, 02:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3909
Donate
Yeah they are desperate, b/c without AJ they have no receivers basically except for Kevin Walter and he hasn't done much his entire career either. As a Foster owner i'm praying AJ comes back soon b/c teams will just stack the box otherwise. Probably the reason he only had 60 something yards rushing last week.

PostPosted: Wed 10.12.2011, 09:40 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 296
Donate
This might say more about Jones than Johnson. Even with Johnson back the other receivers are still not a strong group.

PostPosted: Wed 10.12.2011, 18:45 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1870
Donate
cin.gif
I am always skeptical as to what espn reports, but Steph Bell had an analysis on AJ's surgery and said that a tendon was cut off that was causing the problem in the hamstring. She said it was more near the knee and not towards the butt as most hamstring injuries occur in this area. She said the part of the hamstring that was taken out was "not necessary" and that it is typically cut out and used to replace tendons in knee injuries. She also said that once the wound heals from the surgery that he can resume normal activities. She said that this kind of surgery is easier to target a return date because once the wound heals he is good to go. So it sounds like Jacksonville is a pretty good chance of return for AJ. Take this all with a grain of salt because who knows if she knows what she is talking about but it sounds better than what it looks like. I think the mason signing is a couple of things. One, the Jets were sick of Mason's mouth and were probably shopping him for next to nothing. Two, Houston plays Bal. this week and are a little desperate for a win, Mason can only help with some inside info. And 3, I think Jacoby Jones finally drew his last straw and they need someone out there that is competent.

TE: JReed, DWalker
K: Hartley
DEF: Carolina, Arizona

PostPosted: Wed 10.12.2011, 22:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6263
Donate
chi.gif
^ plus AJ said he felt great after the surgery, kinda rare to feel good immediately following a surgery, but he is a tough SOB

PostPosted: Thu 10.13.2011, 03:54 
Chum

Sand$: 118
Donate
det.gif
Rub some dirt on it and get back on the field! My fantasy team needs you this week!

PostPosted: Thu 10.13.2011, 06:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
chick99 wrote:
Rub some dirt on it and get back on the field! My fantasy team needs you this week!

=D>

exactly!

PostPosted: Thu 10.13.2011, 10:19 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 932
Donate
ten.gif
chick99 wrote:

Same here. With Britt and Amendola out, I'm down to relying on Bowe and a bunch of scrubs .. and Bowe is bye this week.

PostPosted: Fri 10.14.2011, 15:12 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1533
Donate
sf.gif
2 minutes ago - by Brandon Williams - Johnson out this week, but will resume running next week
While WR Andre Johnson won't play at the Ravens on Sunday, his rehab process has gone full steam since having stitches removed from his right leg earlier this week. "I feel like I'm getting better every day," said Johnson, who will resume running on Monday.

PostPosted: Tue 10.18.2011, 15:16 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1466
Donate
dal.gif
(TheHuddle) Updating a previous report, Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is optimistic WR Andre Johnson will return soon. "He made improvement last week," Kubiak said Monday, Oct. 17. "I had a long talk with him Saturday night at the hotel. He's feeling very, very good. We'll increase his work. I have a hard time saying right now (if he'll play in Week 7)."

Analysis: Kubiak (and fantasy owners) would love to have Johnson back in the lineup this week for a divisional game in Tennessee, but if his injured hamstring isn't ready by Sunday he's at least closer to returning for a tasty home matchup with Jacksonville in Week 8.

Bye weeks are in full force and I need him this week. Lets go AJ!!

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 15:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3841
Donate
chi.gif
ROTO - Andre Johnson (hamstring) did not practice Wednesday, but was able to run routes and catch passes off to the side.
The Texans' Week 7 plan appears to involve Johnson returning to limited practice reps later in the week. He would sit out one more game and return in Week 8 (in an ideal scenario). "There’s still progress to be made," acknowledged coach Gary Kubiak. "Maybe he gets on the field and practices before the week’s out. I don’t know right now. But he continues to progress."
Source: Nick Scurfield on Twitter

Looking more and more like a week 8 welcome back party :party-smiley-050:

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 10:33 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 525
Donate
He won't be back until after the bye... A hamstring injury is often multiple weeks... surgery on a hamstring?? 6 week recovery!

PostPosted: Wed 11.02.2011, 12:10 
Mako Shark

Donate
dal.gif
davie36k wrote:
EricInCT wrote:
tan_man75 wrote:
The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports Andre Johnson will miss three weeks after undergoing a procedure to prevent scar tissue and "speed the recovery" of his hamstring.
Hamstring surgeries typically require a much longer recovery period, but Johnson's procedure seems more like a cutting-edge platelet-rich plasma therapy. He's not having the tendon re-attached to the bone, rather expediting the recovery process. Johnson will miss games against the Raiders, Ravens, and likely the Titans over the next three weeks, aiming for a return against the Jags in Week 8. Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter will start this week, though Owen Daniels will likely be the No. 1 weapon in the passing game.

3 Weeks?
Im not buying it.

Agreed, 5 weeks plus is my guess.

^^^^This^^^^

Although i hope your wrong because 5 weeks plus means they'll wait till after their bye, which means a return week 12... ugghh Just thinking about that makes my eye twitch.

^^^^^
Sooo, remember when i said this a few weeks ago???....

(Rotoworld) Andre Johnson (hamstring) will not practice on Wednesday. Analysis: Coach Gary Kubiak simply said that Johnson is day to day and he has a shot at playing in Sunday's game against the Browns. Look for Johnson to test his surgically-repaired hamstring in a limited practice on Thursday and take it from there. If he does end up sitting out this week, it would make sense for the Texans to hold him out in Week 10 as well. Their bye looms in Week 11.

PostPosted: Wed 11.02.2011, 12:46 
Mako Shark

Donate
dal.gif
I know this may get moved to the AJ thread, but i figured it deserved to be mentioned so it would get a little more recognition.

(Rotoworld) Andre Johnson (hamstring) will not practice on Wednesday. Analysis: Coach Gary Kubiak simply said that Johnson is day to day and he has a shot at playing in Sunday's game against the Browns. Look for Johnson to test his surgically-repaired hamstring in a limited practice on Thursday and take it from there. If he does end up sitting out this week, it would make sense for the Texans to hold him out in Week 10 as well. Their bye looms in Week 11.

^^^
I had said before that it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they hold him out till after their bye, and now it seems that it may be turning out to be true. For AJ owners, this would be the worst possible outcome, and the whole situation is a nagging thorn in the side. :bs:

PostPosted: Wed 11.02.2011, 12:53 

Sand$: 47423
Donate
nyj.gif
I wouldn't put too much (any?) stock into rotoworld's little comments. Just read what Kubiak actually said "Coach Gary Kubiak simply said that Johnson is day to day and he has a shot at playing in Sunday's game against the Browns"

He'll play when he's ready. Sure there's a chance they'll hold him out after the bye, but if he's ready to go this week, he'll play. If not, he'll play next week if he's ready. There's not more we can do but wait patiently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next