FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 08:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 08:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1393
Donate
cin.gif
mitjones wrote:
Move on. As a die-hard Titans fan, I can tell you that Cook has all the talent in the world, but is missing in preparation & between the ears. He still hasn't gotten it yet. I don't know that he ever will, as I think the Titans are just about fed up with it. A guy with that much talent should be way further along than he is. I don't look for that to change anytime soon, no matter who is on IR.

Well this is discouraging.

Personally, I consider this to be his litmus test - now or never. I've got the space in my dyno to hang onto him for this year, but if he doesn't show up, I think it's dropsville time. I get that it sometimes takes TEs longer to transition, and I get the Titan QB situation hasn't been great the last couple years, but he needs to show something, esp. now.

PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 09:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26792
Donate
chi.gif
It's so hard to admit we're wrong about our personal favorites - we turned the blind eye to reality and insist our boy's time has come. We all do it, I was hung up on Mickael Ricks' potential for years. You just have to let it go.

PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 09:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4882
Donate
atl.gif
The Cook ship has sailed far from the BTown Donkey Punchers. I gave up week 2.

PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 09:22 
Chum

Sand$: 76
Donate
Well if Hass is going to discover the Cook, it really could be this week. Cle CB Haden should shut down WW darling this week Washington forcing Hass to check down to a bunch of scraps or the guy he made a good connection with during the preseason. Do or die.

PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 22:16 
Chum

Sand$: 16
Donate
Jared Cook wasn't getting -any- looks because Hasselbeck discovered he could complete passes to Britt any time.

The guy was a stud WR2 playing opposite a WR1 who was outproducing Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, and Roddy White.

Now, the WR1 is gone.

There's a thing called "changed circumstances": you can't extrapolate based on the past if there's been a drastic change.

How were Michael Vick's mid season games compared to his first 3 games last season?!?

;)

Cook will be the top WW pickup next week.

PostPosted: Thu 09.29.2011, 22:37 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2214
Donate
gb.gif
I picked him up, nate washington isn't that good. Hasseljack has to throw it to someone.

QB: M. Stafford
RB: R. Mathews, W. McGahee, D. McFadden
WR: D. Bryant, A. Brown, M. Williams,G. Jennings
TE: J. Gresham
DEF: Steelers
K: S. Janikowski

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 09:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4892
Donate
dal.gif
Britt is lost for the season, Washington is the #1 now, and everyone is aboard the Cook train.

Deja Vu of 2010... how'd that end?

Pass on Cook - 2 years of hype and nothing to show for it.

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 11:47 
Chum

Donate
infntnub wrote:
Britt is lost for the season, Washington is the #1 now, and everyone is aboard the Cook train.

Deja Vu of 2010... how'd that end?

Pass on Cook - 2 years of hype and nothing to show for it.

Good question: 2010 ended with 12 catches for 154 yards and a TD in Cook's final two games. That was with an ineffective Kerry Collins at QB instead of the new guy, who has two consecutive 300-yard passing games and 5 TDs in 3 games.

It's all about opportunity.

Victor Cruz had a year of hype and nothing to show for it.

Torrey Smith had a preseason of hype and nothing to show for it.

If you wait until he has a 100 yard game, then you'll have to use a high waiver priority on him. :)

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 12:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4892
Donate
dal.gif
I get your point; just saying I don't let myself fall for the hype on the same guy twice - don't be shocked to be dissapointed.

2 good games to end the year last year and a QB who has averaged 300 ypc (aided by a guy who was nearly @ 20 ypc) isn't enough to change my outlook on him. I'd argue Hasselback isn't any sort of real upgrade over the Collins they had last year (not to be confused with the version of himself presently behind center in Indy). I mean the guy had a rating in the 80's; very respectable.

If you need him, hopefully I'm wrong - but the loss of Britt changes this team dramatically no matter who they try to get involved. I wouldn't be shocked if Hasselback only eclipses 300 yards 2 or 3 more times this season.

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 12:36 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 1860
Donate
phi.gif
birddog wrote:
have they been keeping him in for pass protection thus far? I haven't watched for it or noticed it..

wk3: Jared Cook was in the game on only 27 plays in Week 3, but 25 of those were pass routes. Craig Stevens played more snaps than Cook for the second straight week.
wk2: Craig Stevens edged Jared Cook by seven total snaps, but Cook ran 15 more pass routes.
wk1: Cook was on the field for all but 10 of the team’s offensive snaps, 35 of which were pass routes for the young tight end. The Titans didn’t run too many 2-TE sets, as Craig Stevens played just 15 snaps.

So, I'd say no...they aren't using him in pass protection. He's either in on pass routes or not in at all. And it doesn't seem like he's been trending the right way.

QUESTION: If Cook has a big game and Fred Davis has another bad one....do we add Cook for Davis???

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 14:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 386
Donate
FantasyTom wrote:
birddog wrote:
have they been keeping him in for pass protection thus far? I haven't watched for it or noticed it..

wk3: Jared Cook was in the game on only 27 plays in Week 3, but 25 of those were pass routes. Craig Stevens played more snaps than Cook for the second straight week.
wk2: Craig Stevens edged Jared Cook by seven total snaps, but Cook ran 15 more pass routes.
wk1: Cook was on the field for all but 10 of the team’s offensive snaps, 35 of which were pass routes for the young tight end. The Titans didn’t run too many 2-TE sets, as Craig Stevens played just 15 snaps.

So, I'd say no...they en't using him in pass protection. He's either in on pass Davis will routes or not in at all. And it doesn't seem like he's been trending the right way.

QUESTION: If Cook has a big game and Fred Davis has another bad one....do we add Cook for Davis???

Davis will be hard to supplant after Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 14:03 
Chum

Donate
infntnub wrote:
I get your point; just saying I don't let myself fall for the hype on the same guy twice - don't be shocked to be dissapointed.

2 good games to end the year last year and a QB who has averaged 300 ypc (aided by a guy who was nearly @ 20 ypc) isn't enough to change my outlook on him. I'd argue Hasselback isn't any sort of real upgrade over the Collins they had last year (not to be confused with the version of himself presently behind center in Indy). I mean the guy had a rating in the 80's; very respectable.

If you need him, hopefully I'm wrong - but the loss of Britt changes this team dramatically no matter who they try to get involved. I wouldn't be shocked if Hasselback only eclipses 300 yards 2 or 3 more times this season.

I think we agree. My point is really this. If you've got room on your bench for him, he can be had cheaply now. If it turns out that he has a big game this weekend, you'll have to use your #1 waiver priority on him next week.

Much better to have picked up Victor Cruz or Torrey Smith last week than this week, if you don't have to drop a starter.

PostPosted: Fri 09.30.2011, 15:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37330
Donate
chi.gif
infntnub wrote:
I'd argue Hasselback isn't any sort of real upgrade over the Collins they had last year

And you'd be wrong.

In their careers, Hasselbeck beats Collins in QB rating, completion percentage, YPA and TD:INT.

Compared to "the Collins they had last year," Hasselbeck's 2011 blows him away in QB rating, completion percentage, YPA and yards per game.

Hasselbeck has been a good, not great, QB for most of his career. Collins has been a mediocre, sometimes slightly above average, QB.

PostPosted: Sun 10.02.2011, 20:52 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 428
Donate
I love when the tank makes me looks smart. I picked this dude up and played him this week cause I have dookie at TE. Total gut feeling to put him in over Evan Moore.

Made me look like a genious.

Thanks Tank.

PostPosted: Sun 10.02.2011, 21:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 386
Donate
EricInCT wrote:
FantasyTom wrote:
birddog wrote:

So, I'd say no...they en't using him in pass protection. He's either in on pass Davis will routes or not in at all. And it doesn't seem like he's been trending the right way.

Davis will be hard to supplant after Sunday.

LOL, both would have been huge busts if it wasn't for that big play.

Kudos to the folks who took a chance on Cook!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next