User avatar
Darth Mod
Posts: 26426
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002
Sand$: 49,787.18
On the heals of our tanks very own HND's new arrival it got me thinking... start a thread to discuss children. Hey it's the off-season we need to keep ourselves busy in here right.

Over the years I've seen many threads and posts on Sharks experiences with their kids. Some funny little stories, other dreadful lack of sleep daydreaming nightmares.

So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)

So to kick off your first post introduce yourself and your kids (no need to provide details whatever you want to provide is good enough).

Oh the purpose I'm hoping we can achieve with this thread is some anecdotal laughs and some hugs as I know some of us are silently weeping in the middle of the night as we try so desperately to get our kids back to sleep.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Darth Mod
Posts: 26426
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002
Sand$: 49,787.18
Dynasty Force

Logan Xander - 3 years 8 months
Lukas Xavier - 8 months


Today is Logan's first dentist appointment. I'm not looking forward to it (scared to death to be honest). Logan is autistic and doesn't handle doctor's very well or being prodded. From what has been explained to me he will be strapped down and a device will be palced in his mouth to keep it open for the dentist to do their cleaning.

I wikll post the outcome in here later, wish me luck.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33558
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 7,083.92
Logan Michael - age 16
Jason Paul - age 16

a couple years ago i had to pick the kids up at a religious school function, and when i went to get them, Logan told me he had gotten in trouble -- aarrgghh. I was all set to punish him when we got home.

I asked him to tell me what happened. It seems that everyone was talking and the principal of the school told them to be quiet.

Most of the people quieted down, but there was still some noise in the room. The principal said, "I'm still hearing voices!".

Logan responded by saying, "You hear the voices too?"

I admit that is probably funnier when said in person, but you get the gist.

How could i punish him after laughing at that?...
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Darth Mod
Posts: 26426
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002
Sand$: 49,787.18
FLPatsFan wrote:Logan Michael - age 16
Jason Paul - age 16

a couple years ago i had to pick the kids up at a religious school function, and when i went to get them, Logan told me he had gotten in trouble -- aarrgghh. I was all set to punish him when we got home.

I asked him to tell me what happened. It seems that everyone was talking and the principal of the school told them to be quiet.

Most of the people quieted down, but there was still some noise in the room. The principal said, "I'm still hearing voices!".

Logan responded by saying, "You hear the voices too?"

I admit that is probably funnier when said in person, but you get the gist.

How could i punish him after laughing at that?...


Nice - Once Stormtrooper logs in that will be 3 children of the tank with the name "Logan".
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33558
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 7,083.92
that's pretty funny -- we chose Logan cause it was an unusual name -- guess not...
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19104
Joined: Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$: 28,687.24
They're short, and can still beat them up if I have to.
_______________________________________

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27602
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004
Sand$: 36,594.00
DynastyForce wrote:
So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)



My 9 month old daughter Teresa has episodes of that teething screaming over the past month more and more. No teeth yet, but the kid drools more than my dog over the past week. Also she likes to wake up in the middle of the night lately and have the screaming episodes unless we let her lay on us. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, so I guess i will catch up on my sleep as the wife deals with these episodes.

Other than that she is a lot of fun...
User avatar
Darth Mod
Posts: 26426
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002
Sand$: 49,787.18
FLPatsFan wrote:that's pretty funny -- we chose Logan cause it was an unusual name -- guess not...


I'm sure it was 16 years ago :?
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19104
Joined: Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$: 28,687.24
checo446 wrote:
DynastyForce wrote:
So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)



My 9 month old daughter Teresa has episodes of that teething screaming over the past month more and more. No teeth yet, but the kid drools more than my dog over the past week. Also she likes to wake up in the middle of the night lately and have the screaming episodes unless we let her lay on us. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, so I guess i will catch up on my sleep as the wife deals with these episodes.

Other than that she is a lot of fun...


Get the teething rings that you put in the freezer. Always keep one cold, that'll shut her up.
_______________________________________

Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15982
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 12,711.83
as my wife and i were literally walking out of the door friday morning to drop off our 2 year old daughter at my parents' so we could go on a spa weekend, she decided it would be a good opportunity to shove a gummi bear up her nose. well, long story short, after a trip half way to the emergency room, halfway back to get our insurance cards, back to the er, doctors torturing my daughter, to the pharmacy for antibiotics, to the ENT doctor for more torture, they gummi bear came out and we got on the road about 6 hours later.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33558
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 7,083.92
checo446 wrote:
DynastyForce wrote:
So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)



My 9 month old daughter Teresa has episodes of that teething screaming over the past month more and more. No teeth yet, but the kid drools more than my dog over the past week. Also she likes to wake up in the middle of the night lately and have the screaming episodes unless we let her lay on us. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, so I guess i will catch up on my sleep as the wife deals with these episodes.

Other than that she is a lot of fun...


Can I assume you're giving her some tylenol and kids anbesol? Those will make the pain go away and give you guys some rest. We did that with our twins when they were teething. It's a horrible time to go through -- poor kids -- a lot of pain... :cry:
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 19006
Joined: Sun Sep 4, 2005
Sand$: 14,497.48
I have one son: Xavier Dennis (17 months old)


He's getting his final two teeth, and it has been a fight...
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27602
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004
Sand$: 36,594.00
gballs1 wrote:
checo446 wrote:
DynastyForce wrote:
So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)



My 9 month old daughter Teresa has episodes of that teething screaming over the past month more and more. No teeth yet, but the kid drools more than my dog over the past week. Also she likes to wake up in the middle of the night lately and have the screaming episodes unless we let her lay on us. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, so I guess i will catch up on my sleep as the wife deals with these episodes.

Other than that she is a lot of fun...


Get the teething rings that you put in the freezer. Always keep one cold, that'll shut her up.


Unfortunately she hasn't taken to those, I may keep trying until she does take to them...
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27602
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004
Sand$: 36,594.00
FLPatsFan wrote:
checo446 wrote:
DynastyForce wrote:
So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)



My 9 month old daughter Teresa has episodes of that teething screaming over the past month more and more. No teeth yet, but the kid drools more than my dog over the past week. Also she likes to wake up in the middle of the night lately and have the screaming episodes unless we let her lay on us. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, so I guess i will catch up on my sleep as the wife deals with these episodes.

Other than that she is a lot of fun...


Can I assume you're giving her some tylenol and kids anbesol? Those will make the pain go away and give you guys some rest. We did that with our twins when they were teething. It's a horrible time to go through -- poor kids -- a lot of pain... :cry:


Yeah, I got the tylenol and oragel going on repeatedly throughout the day. The last couple days that hasn't solved it, but you definitely notice a difference...
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33558
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 7,083.92
checo446 wrote:
FLPatsFan wrote:
checo446 wrote:
DynastyForce wrote:
So here's our thread, anyone can read and learn from other Father's Wisdom, but please if you are going to post something about kids make sure you have some, there's nothing worse than someone trying to relate who has never spent an entire night with a teething 8-month old screaming for seems to be an ungodly length of time. :-)



My 9 month old daughter Teresa has episodes of that teething screaming over the past month more and more. No teeth yet, but the kid drools more than my dog over the past week. Also she likes to wake up in the middle of the night lately and have the screaming episodes unless we let her lay on us. I am going out of town for the rest of the week, so I guess i will catch up on my sleep as the wife deals with these episodes.

Other than that she is a lot of fun...


Can I assume you're giving her some tylenol and kids anbesol? Those will make the pain go away and give you guys some rest. We did that with our twins when they were teething. It's a horrible time to go through -- poor kids -- a lot of pain... :cry:


Yeah, I got the tylenol and oragel going on repeatedly throughout the day. The last couple days that hasn't solved it, but you definitely notice a difference...


I feel for ya -- as they say -- this too shall pass.

Have you tried ice chips?
_______________________________________

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests