Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,223.14
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:just watched Joe Dirt for the first time. Don't know why this little gem escaped me so long.

Joe Dirt is a classic

"You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hüsker düs, hüsker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?"

Great flick..
Megalodon
Sand$: 21,855.90
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:This won't give anything away but those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about. Hulk punching Thor was epic!

I loled... it was awesome!

Didn't think the Ruffalo hype was legit, but he pulled that role off.

Megalodon
Sand$: 21,855.90
DropkickFluties wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:This won't give anything away but those who have seen it will know what I'm talking about. Hulk punching Thor was epic!

The entire theater cracked up, myself included. Loki addressing him was just as funny.

That was quite litterally my favorite part of the movie.

Love the villian selection for Avengers 2, assuming that is what was teased at the end... which is usually the case.

Megalodon
Sand$: 10,627.84
und2006 wrote:

yeah I was was very sceptical when I first heard the critics singing his ''praises'', but he played his role as Bruce Banner better than Eric Bana and Edward Norton ever did,to me he is the the definitive Bruce/Hulk.

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,869.06
Kaleb.09 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

yeah I was was very sceptical when I first heard the critics singing his ''praises'', but he played his role as Bruce Banner better than Eric Bana and Edward Norton ever did,to me he is the the definitive Bruce/Hulk.

Very true. His performance and Tom Hiddleston's stole the show.
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,154.90
I loved the movie, but Ruffalo's getting way too much credit for excellent writing coupled with the fact that he doesn't have to carry the film by himself. The shortcomings of Jackson, Johannson, and Evans get covered up as well.
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,546.50
Saw Think Like A Man. Funny funny movie. Kevin Hart in vintage form as always.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,045.24
unimsw wrote:The movie haywire is decent. Some good action scenes. Stars a female mma fighter.

Was really looking forward to seeing this and finally rented it last night. Majorly disappointed. I thought they had a good idea for a story but did absolutely nothing with it.

Decent fight scenes, but only three of them.

Not so good acting, terrible camera work...

The story was sketchy as well. They never really explained why they wanted to set her up and have her killed. Yeah I get the fact the Antonio Banderas character wanted her dead... but why? And if so, good lord, why go through such an elaborate plot to kill her. She was still on speaking terms with her boss... just call a meeting and shoot her for pete's sake. Why come up with the whole, "secret job in London where your eye candy" crap?

When the ending credits popped up I was like... that's it? There should be a lot more to this story.

I let my son watch it and didnt tell him my opinion until he told me his first. he thought exactly the same thing as me. The one point he made that I didnt pick up on is the fact that there was no music until the ending credits. Interesting.

In the beginning the universe was created. This made a number of people very angry and has generally been considered a mistake.

Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,944.03
soup_dog wrote:
unimsw wrote:The movie haywire is decent. Some good action scenes. Stars a female mma fighter.

Was really looking forward to seeing this and finally rented it last night. Majorly disappointed. I thought they had a good idea for a story but did absolutely nothing with it.

Decent fight scenes, but only three of them.

Not so good acting, terrible camera work...

The story was sketchy as well. They never really explained why they wanted to set her up and have her killed. Yeah I get the fact the Antonio Banderas character wanted her dead... but why? And if so, good lord, why go through such an elaborate plot to kill her. She was still on speaking terms with her boss... just call a meeting and shoot her for pete's sake. Why come up with the whole, "secret job in London where your eye candy" crap?

When the ending credits popped up I was like... that's it? There should be a lot more to this story.

I let my son watch it and didnt tell him my opinion until he told me his first. he thought exactly the same thing as me. The one point he made that I didnt pick up on is the fact that there was no music until the ending credits. Interesting.

Interesting take... I can't say I agree. There were more than three fight scenes. I can think of more than that off the top of my head (in diner, in hotel room, on beach, at dad's house, rooftop chase with police, etc). Unless you are going to just have fighting scenes and no real movie, I'm not sure what you expected.
The acting wasn't great for the main character, but the rest did fine. She's new, so I'm not going to judge her too much for that.
I thought the plot was just fine too... spoilers:
Studer wanted Jiang dead because he was going to expose his criminal activity. They wanted Mallory to go abduct him because she's good, but they wanted to tie up the loose ends and frame her for it, rather than have Studer get the blame. She was just the scape goat.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 17,760.58
everyone pretty much said it was awful. i'll still watch it though.

not sure if i said it here, but watch cabin in the woods. its a good flick.

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,944.03
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:everyone pretty much said it was awful. i'll still watch it though.

Great movie. Totally different than I expected.
Haywire got 80% on RT, so not everyone says it's awful. lol
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 17,760.58
unimsw wrote:
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:everyone pretty much said it was awful. i'll still watch it though.

Great movie. Totally different than I expected.
Haywire got 80% on RT, so not everyone says it's awful. lol

i was speaking in regards to people's movie opinions i respect around me. but regardless rotten tomatoes's critic ratings are wrong alot of times. but its all about what expectations you go into it with.

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Sand$: 9,377.26
I attempted to finally watch "The American" with George Clooney............... :sleepy1:
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,045.24
endzoneview wrote:I attempted to finally watch "The American" with George Clooney............... :sleepy1:

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the beginning the universe was created. This made a number of people very angry and has generally been considered a mistake.

Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 8,030.89
Miracle - meh. all the players looked the same - i couldn't keep track of who was who.
we are marshall - ok. why did matt mcconnaughy talk like he had a cawk in his mouth the whole time?
incredible hulk - suprised i liked this. was that chick liv tylers sister?
ironman - pretty much the exact same plot as hulk. the guy that played ironman was good though