Megalodon
Sand$: 61,322.80
endzoneview wrote:I watched "Barney's Version" Friday night. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1423894/

It came out in 2010, stars Paul Giamatti, who is one of my favorite actors. Not sure how I missed this one.

Anyways, really good film, telling the story of a guy growing up through his three failed marriages. Highly recommended.

Just watched this. Loved it. Outstanding.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 94,134.86
i saw immortals. not good.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 77,243.64
Cabin in the Woods -

Not for everyone and I can see why about half the people hate it. I loved it. Thought it was very well written and original.

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
Supreme Megalodon
Back to School is on AMC right now. Great movie. I'm not gonna make it very far into it tonight.

Megalodon
Sand$: 42,065.74
Griffimo wrote:Back to School is on AMC right now. Great movie. I'm not gonna make it very far into it tonight.

I thought you were sleeping in the woods.

Supreme Megalodon
prplhz14 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:Back to School is on AMC right now. Great movie. I'm not gonna make it very far into it tonight.

I thought you were sleeping in the woods.

Every time my wife asks me if I want to go camping I reply with: I've been working the majority of my life so I could one day own a home. Why in the hell would I want to pretend that I'm homeless on the weekend?

I think I stole that from Jim Gaffigan, but it still applies.

Megalodon
Sand$: 12,546.50
rugger48 wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Puking Dog wrote:Anyone see Bernie? I thoroughly enjoyed it; McConaghey (however you spell it), Jack Black, and Shirley McClaine were all great.

Is that the film they couldn't release in theaters?

yep

Movie was awesome. Black killed it. Still don't understand why they couldn't release it into theaters.
Megalodon
Watched Bottle Rocket for the first time pretty good movie all around. I was 9 when it came out. Something really sexy about that Spanish girl in the movie.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 168.06
Keep forgetting to ask, but has anyone seen the Fishbone documentary? I think it's called Everyday Sunshine...

CleffedUp wrote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of looks to realize it was a pumpkin puking into a toilet.

(2003) - R.I.P.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,689.08
"Artois The Goat" -- Indy, hippy, campy sort of film that grew on me mostly because of the unusually visceral dialogue, a certain friendly surreality, and because if you put a bag over the head of the lead female actress, she has a surprisingly nice rack. Basic premise is a silly love story about a guy who needs to create an exceptional artisan crafted goat cheese... at first to give his life purpose, but later to prove his worth to his girlfriend/fiancee. The fellow who devoted his life to his dream of raising basset hounds stole the show, in my opinion. The police gag along with the intentional repeating of singular words in conversation just kinda worked in a british comedy sort of way, despite the fact that the only strong accent by any character was russian.

"The Artist" -- Finally summoned up the courage to watch this. Very difficult for someone who indulges in cinematic dialogue as there really isn't any in the movie since it's an homage to the silent movie era. The choreographer did a good job developing music reminiscent of the 20's silent movie soundtracks but with a modern string orchestra. The acting was generally impressive as they had to rely so much more on body language and facial expressions. The story made sense with the underlying tone of silent movie star obsolescence presented nicely. I came into it thinking I would hate it, but walked away feeling ok. Still wouldn't suggest Hollywood make a habit of it though... part of the appeal is the retro nature and uniqueness of it. The novelty would wear away quickly if that kind of movie was the norm.

ImageImageImage
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 5,197.52
My wife wanted to watch Cabin in the Woods, and I went in expecting a crap fest. It was actually pretty good. Worth watching.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:My wife wanted to watch Cabin in the Woods, and I went in expecting a crap fest. It was actually pretty good. Worth watching.

x2

Megalodon
I want to see Sinister, first horror movie that caught my attention in quite some time.
Megalodon
Sand$: 61,322.80
endzoneview wrote:I also saw Safe House this weekend with Denzel Washington and Green Lantern. Typical CIA conspiracy plot, but the action scenes were very well done. Worth the rent for sure.

Saw it last night. Agreed. Decent action flick with a conspiracy plot line.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,687.57
Saw Dredd the other day. Not terrible, but it was incredibly over the top violent. Probably worth a rent when it comes out.