Sand$: 803.67
SonOfDad wrote:Saw Contraband. I don't know how I got fooled into thinking this movie would be more than just action thrown together for the sake of action, but I did, so shame on me. It was still pretty decent even though many of the plot "twists" were heavily telegraphed.

My favorite part is Marky Mark hearing a cell phone ring over a cement mixer. Brilliant!

Overall though, not a horrible flick, it kept me interested.
5XChamps wrote:I viewed 'Man On A Ledge' last night. Super film that keeps you interested from the start and just doesnt let up.

I'll put it next on my list
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 964.00
just picked up and watched The Grey last night.
I was under strict instructions NOT to watch any trailers. I was able to do that, and pretty much left the room every time I saw a commercial for it. I was very glad I did. the trailer gave had way too many spoilers.

pretty good movie too.

elven wrote:i fully support name-calling and profanity in general.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,223.36
"The Right Stuff" -- I forgot Ed Harris and Dennis Quaid used to be young. Nice mix of documentary material without really feeling like a documentary.

"Shoot Em Up" -- Very Crank-ish, but with guns. Amused me to no end. I feel dirty.

"Run Robot Run" -- Still working on it. It feels like a British humor influence though not really being British humor. It's confusing when I don't know for sure if I should be laughing or saying "huh?". I feel like a pace car.

And this weekend I make up for an egregious long-standing sin... and will finally watch "The Usual Suspects".

Note to self: in the movie I want to write but never will, include a scene where someone brings lingerie to a Yankee Gift Swap.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 111,045.26
Went to see Snow White and the Huntsman with the family last night. Really good movie. Charlize Theron steals the movie though, and is absolutely evil. Only problem I had was I felt Snow White could have been played by a better actress. Kristen Stewart just didn't do it for me.

4 out of 5 stars

2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,546.50
^ I'm always curious how the budget plays into casting and how they balance it out. You would think Charlize would cost a tad more than a bad actress like Stewart. Wonder if there is somewhere you can find what they get paid.
Supreme Megalodon
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:^ I'm always curious how the budget plays into casting and how they balance it out. You would think Charlize would cost a tad more than a bad actress like Stewart. Wonder if there is somewhere you can find what they get paid.

Good question. I would think Charlize got paid a ton more than anyone else in that movie. Or at least she gets more of the royalties from it.

Megalodon
Sand$: 75,710.94
SnakeStabler wrote:Went to see Snow White and the Huntsman with the family last night. Really good movie. Charlize Theron steals the movie though, and is absolutely evil. Only problem I had was I felt Snow White could have been played by a better actress. Kristen Stewart just didn't do it for me.

4 out of 5 stars

Too intense for young kids?

ImageImage
Supreme Megalodon
scootm44 wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:Went to see Snow White and the Huntsman with the family last night. Really good movie. Charlize Theron steals the movie though, and is absolutely evil. Only problem I had was I felt Snow White could have been played by a better actress. Kristen Stewart just didn't do it for me.

4 out of 5 stars

Too intense for young kids?

There were lots of kids there with their parents. Some of the battle scenes were pretty intense, but you never saw any bloodshed. Its PG-13 so it might be a bit much for the really young, but the only thing I remember as intense is perhaps a couple scenes with the evil queen. She was pretty creepy.

Megalodon
Sand$: 12,546.50
Wanderlust. Pretty gosh darn funny. Won't remember it 10 years from now but it made me laugh while I watched it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,073.66
Saw mib3... Too cheesy. A few good one liners. Not much else.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 12,147.32
unimsw wrote:Saw mib3... Too cheesy. A few good one liners. Not much else.

Wife is a fan of the franchise. After she said, "we should have just rented that." Worth a buck.
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,108.36
Elmagister wrote:
unimsw wrote:Saw mib3... Too cheesy. A few good one liners. Not much else.

Wife is a fan of the franchise. After she said, "we should have just rented that." Worth a buck.

Same as my wife. Josh Brolin is still an underrated actor in our time though.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 12,147.32
Agreed. He's a favorite of mine. He's come a long way since The Goonies.
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:Wanderlust. Pretty gosh darn funny. Won't remember it 10 years from now but it made me laugh while I watched it.

I checked it out this weekend. I agree.

Paul Rudd was his usual awesome but the supporting cast was freaking great. Ken Marino as his brother won the movie, Joe Lo Truglio killed every scene as did Justin Theroux (sp?). Jennifer Aniston kind of dragged the movie down a bit though.