FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.19.2015, 02:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 22:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$ 21,149.78
Posts 25225
Location Philly
phi.gif
Thought we could have a general thread instead of show specific thread to recommend various tv shows, documentaries, or mini-series. The HND thread has got movies pretty much covered.

Been watching this show via Netflix and enjoying it.

Quote:
Sherlock is a British television crime drama that presents a contemporary update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Doctor John Watson. Six episodes, broadcast since 2010, have been produced, with three more episodes scheduled to begin production in March 2013. The series has been sold to over 180 territories.

Sherlock depicts "consulting detective" Holmes, assisting the Metropolitan Police Service, primarily DI Greg Lestrade (Rupert Graves), in solving various crimes. Holmes is assisted by his flatmate, Dr John Watson, who has returned from military service in Afghanistan. Although the series depicts a variety of crimes and perpetrators, Holmes' conflict with his archnemesis Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott) is a recurring feature.

Critical reception was overwhelmingly positive, with many reviews commending the quality of the writing, performances and direction. Sherlock has been nominated for numerous awards, including BAFTAs and Emmys, winning several across a variety of categories.

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 22:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Mon Mar 19, 2007
Sand$ 66,729.76
Posts 25301
Location Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
jokerswild1130 wrote:
Thought we could have a general thread instead of show specific thread to recommend various tv shows, documentaries, or mini-series. The HND thread has got movies pretty much covered.

Quote:
Sherlock is a British television crime drama that presents a contemporary update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Doctor John Watson. Six episodes, broadcast since 2010, have been produced, with three more episodes scheduled to begin production in March 2013. The series has been sold to over 180 territories.

Sherlock depicts "consulting detective" Holmes, assisting the Metropolitan Police Service, primarily DI Greg Lestrade (Rupert Graves), in solving various crimes. Holmes is assisted by his flatmate, Dr John Watson, who has returned from military service in Afghanistan. Although the series depicts a variety of crimes and perpetrators, Holmes' conflict with his archnemesis Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott) is a recurring feature.

Critical reception was overwhelmingly positive, with many reviews commending the quality of the writing, performances and direction. Sherlock has been nominated for numerous awards, including BAFTAs and Emmys, winning several across a variety of categories.

Sherlock is the creation of Mark Gatiss and Stephan Moffat. Moffat is also the creative element and mastermind behind the last few seasons of Doctor Who. If you like creative intelligent smart writing with strong characters, both shows will fill your desire.

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 22:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$ 21,149.78
Posts 25225
Location Philly
phi.gif
WHO wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:

Quote:

Sherlock is the creation of Mark Gatiss and Stephan Moffat. Moffat is also the creative element and mastermind behind the last few seasons of Doctor Who. If you like creative intelligent smart writing with strong characters, both shows will fill your desire.

I gotta give you props, you have consistently plugged dr who in the tank since you first came aboard lol. One of these days I might even watch an episode.

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 22:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$ 11,846.52
Posts 8462
Location Hangin' with A-Rod at Lambeau
gb.gif
My wife and I are big fans of "Mike & Molly" (Monday nights on CBS). It is really well written, and not since the early seasons of "Roseanne" has their been a GOOD show about people who are not widely regarded as beautiful or sexy.

I'll also admit that one of my guilty pleasures is the new night time drama "Nashville" (Wednesdays on ABC). I'm a big country music fan, and I front a local country band myself, so I can relate to the music end of the series. The show is produced by T-Bone Burnett and virtually all of the songs featured on the show have been written by highly respected songwriting teams, making that part of the show really top notch.

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 22:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$ 8,966.80
Posts 14744
Location North Dakota
gb.gif
My list of shows I don't miss new episodes of:

Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

Shows I am currently watching old episodes of:
Dexter

Random other junk I DVR and watch from time to time:
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars
American Pickers

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 23:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$ 12,509.40
Posts 24921
Location Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
I still watch the Boondocks. It's been on a little hiatus, but it's confirmed for a season 4!

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 23:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$ 21,149.78
Posts 25225
Location Philly
phi.gif
Lets try and discuss some of the less popular shows as well. I think most people are aware of "walking dead" and similar popular shows. Shows or docs that dont already have their own threads. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 23:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Thu Jul 29, 2010
Sand$ 3,137.00
Posts 2094
Location Dirty Jersey
nyg.gif
Cosmos hosted by Carl Sagan.

PostPosted: Wed 12.26.2012, 23:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$ 35,192.64
Posts 13946
ne.gif
und2006 wrote:
My list of shows I don't miss new episodes of:

Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

Shows I am currently watching old episodes of:
Dexter

Random other junk I DVR and watch from time to time:
Storage Wars
Pawn Stars
American Pickers

I watch some of those too.

Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad - just started, only 2 episodes in so far
Dexter
Spartacus

My wife and I watch a lot of the CBS shows. I think they're pretty good for the most part:

Mike and Molly
2 Broke Girls
How I Met Your Mother
New Girl
Two and a Half Men
Big Bang Theory

We both liked Torchwood: Miracle Day too, that was on last year, but it doesn't seem like they'll be doing another season. We also liked the first season of Camelot, but they cancelled that too.

A great series from a little while back that I'll recommend highly is The Shield. I really enjoyed that show.

PostPosted: Thu 12.27.2012, 08:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,819.66
Posts 14663
Documentaries (All can be found on Netflix):

Exit Through the Gift Shop - A film about street artists. The guys that tag city walls guerilla style and the film maker who gets caught up in joining them.

The Parking Lot Movie - Something like a real life clerks. Tells the story of slackers who work as booth operators at a pay for parking lot and the stuff they have to put up with.

God grew tired of us- Several lost boys of Sudan are brought over to America and shows their struggles of adjusting as well as the crap they went through just to survive while in Africa.

Craigslist Joe - Guy decides to see if he can live through the kindness of others for 30 days just by posting and answering ads on Craigslist.

The Cartel - Teacher's Unions...need I say more?

The Comedians of Comedy - follows four comedians around and gives the life of being on tour. Brian Posehn, Maria Bamford, Zach Galifinakis, and Patton Oswalt.

American Teacher- pro-teacher flick.

PostPosted: Thu 12.27.2012, 08:05 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Joined Thu Aug 25, 2005
Sand$ 97.44
Posts 30144
Location NOT Purdue, Indiana
buf.gif
Justified

PostPosted: Thu 12.27.2012, 08:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 7,180.32
Posts 15447
Location City of Champions
pit.gif
crockett wrote:
I front a local country band myself,

oh, please sweet baby jesus, tell me you are not joking about this.

PostPosted: Thu 12.27.2012, 08:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Mon Jul 16, 2007
Sand$ 20,341.24
Posts 7431
Location Bahstinish
ne.gif
SonOfDad wrote:

Exit Through the Gift Shop - A film about street artists. The guys that tag city walls guerilla style and the film maker who gets caught up in joining them.

The Parking Lot Movie - Something like a real life clerks. Tells the story of slackers who work as booth operators at a pay for parking lot and the stuff they have to put up with.

God grew tired of us- Several lost boys of Sudan are brought over to America and shows their struggles of adjusting as well as the crap they went through just to survive while in Africa.

Craigslist Joe - Guy decides to see if he can live through the kindness of others for 30 days just by posting and answering ads on Craigslist.

The Comedians of Comedy - follows four comedians around and gives the life of being on tour. Brian Posehn, Maria Bamford, Zach Galifinakis, and Patton Oswalt.

:-k hmmmm.....bu, bu, bu, but....the children! I'll have to check out uni's review before I watch it

I love Holmes on Homes. The guy is a bit fruity, a Mr. Clean knock-off, but it's a great show for anyone interested in heavy DIY/home building.

My brother-in-law is trying to get me to watch some Adult Swim shows. We have a similar sense of humor, so I'm assuming I'll be a fan. I forget what they're called, but he showed me a clip of Bob The Builder (little kids show), being visited by the mafia. lmao at that one...

pwbowen wrote:
I apologize for being the wet fart.

PostPosted: Thu 12.27.2012, 08:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,819.66
Posts 14663
flipper wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:

:-k hmmmm.....bu, bu, bu, but....the children! I'll have to check out uni's review before I watch it

I love Holmes on Homes. The guy is a bit fruity, a Mr. Clean knock-off, but it's a great show for anyone interested in heavy DIY/home building.

My brother-in-law is trying to get me to watch some Adult Swim shows. We have a similar sense of humor, so I'm assuming I'll be a fan. I forget what they're called, but he showed me a clip of Bob The Builder (little kids show), being visited by the mafia. lmao at that one...

It was probably Robot Chicken.

PostPosted: Thu 12.27.2012, 09:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$ 57,673.18
Posts 27123
Location IN
chi.gif
My wife and I started watching Chicago Fire.

It's got the young blonde doctor from House. Except instead of a British doctor (or Australian? I don't know, he talk funny) he's an American fire fighter.

It's pretty good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next