FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 11.24.2014, 10:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2344 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 157  Next
PostPosted: Wed 08.12.2009, 12:34 
Darth Mod

Sand$: 49766
Donate
ind.gif
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=14&cs=1

Frank Darabont circles zombies

Quote:
AMC is venturing into zombie-drama territory with multi-hyphenate Frank Darabont.

Cabler is close to finalizing one of the richest development deals ever with Darabont to write and direct a series adaptation of the Image Comics graphic novel series "The Walking Dead," penned by Robert Kirkman. Gale Anne Hurd of Valhalla Motion Pictures and David Alpert of Circle of Confusion are also on board to exec produce.

Project is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes, in search of a safe place to live. Numerous editions of the "Walking Dead" graphic novels have been published since 2003.

Joel Stillerman, AMC's senior veep of programming, production and original content, said the project appealed to the cabler because of "the quality of the storytelling" in Kirkman's work. The series will stay faithful to the tone of the original novels, he said.

"This is not about zombies popping out of closets," Stillerman said. "This is a story about survival, and the dynamics of what happens when a group is forced to survive under these circumstances. The world (in 'Walking Dead') is portrayed in a smart, sophisticated way."

Stillerman noted that the cabler's annual "Fear Fest" movie showcase around Halloween is one of AMC's most popular programming events of the year.

"We've got an audience that loves this kind of material," he said.

Darabont and Hurd pitched the project to AMC and several other outlets. There is no studio attached yet. The duo's involvement made the project a must-have for the cabler, Stillerman said.

"These are two world-class filmmakers who are also brilliant storytellers with experience in the fantasy genre," he said.

For those of you who don't know about Walking Dead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead

"Walking Dead chronicles the travels of a group of people trying to survive in a world stricken by a zombie apocalypse."

CAST LISTING

Andrew Lincoln ... Rick Grimes (6 episodes, 2010)
Emma Bell ... Amy (4 episodes, 2010)
Sonya Thompson ... TBA (4 episodes, 2010)
Jeryl Prescott ... Jacqui (3 episodes)
IronE Singleton ... T-Dog (3 episodes)
Melissa Suzanne McBride ... Carol (2 episodes)

In My Opinion
Walking Dead is probably the best Zombie related comic book on the market. I'm very excited for the possibility of sending it to film and I'm a huge fan of Frank Darabont's. I am a little nervous regarding the adaptation of the comic book, there really is no end in sight at this time so I imagine there will be a lot of jumping around as the comic book series catalogues the daily life (as mundane as it might be from time to time). The character development and life amongst zombies is what makes this great, meaning this story is less about the zombies and more about the relationship people have in small (very small) communities traveling for survival.

As a side note, I think this film might even be better shot in black and white like Sin City and Samari Fiction. The comic is in black and white and it's one of it's strong points.

Last edited by DynastyForce on Tue 06.01.2010, 14:53, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.13.2009, 12:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 560
Donate
pit.gif
I stopped reading just after the story stalled at the prison.. I think it was the zombie fight pit issue. Did it ever pick back up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.13.2009, 12:15 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
zodiak wrote:
I stopped reading just after the story stalled at the prison.. I think it was the zombie fight pit issue. Did it ever pick back up?

I would say yes but more of the same. the problem is the downtime in between action. I think the story would have been better if it was outlined ahead of time (start to finish) because at times it seems the writer is just making stuff up as he goes and it really isn't connected in any way. Not that it has to be but you can't have issue upon issue of a group of people walking around looking for housing and then moving at the first sign of zombies.

Just after the prison scene they run into a small community run by a an evil man those issues are very cool, you can probably get them in trade now.

But now around issue 62-64 it has stalled again.

I do feel your pain though on the stalled moments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.13.2009, 17:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
DynastyForce wrote:
zodiak wrote:

I would say yes but more of the same. the problem is the downtime in between action. I think the story would have been better if it was outlined ahead of time (start to finish) because at times it seems the writer is just making stuff up as he goes and it really isn't connected in any way. Not that it has to be but you can't have issue upon issue of a group of people walking around looking for housing and then moving at the first sign of zombies.

Just after the prison scene they run into a small community run by a an evil man those issues are very cool, you can probably get them in trade now.

Not to have too many spoilers, but was the small community the one where the chick with the sword was chained up and beaten? And the main guy ended up losing an arm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 08.13.2009, 18:02 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
zodiak wrote:
DynastyForce wrote:
zodiak wrote:

Not to have too many spoilers, but was the small community the one where the chick with the sword was chained up and beaten? And the main guy ended up losing an arm?

Yes the group follows them back to the prison and has a kind of war, wihch ultimately drives our group away from the prison on the run again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 01.28.2010, 15:06 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
hmmm what's this in my inbox... The Pilot script for The Walking Dead TV Series written by Frank Darabont you say. Interesting very interesting in deed ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 01.28.2010, 20:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 674
Donate
kc.gif
This could be very cool.

Hey DF, have you read Y: The last man? I wish HBO/Showtime would pick that up for a series, I think it would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 01.28.2010, 21:34 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
Mursenary wrote:
This could be very cool.

Hey DF, have you read Y: The last man? I wish HBO/Showtime would pick that up for a series, I think it would be great.

No that is a series I WANT to read but don't have the financial capability to buy it. It's quite massive.

Maybe in the future. My next big purchase is the entire run of Planetary.

PostPosted: Tue 04.06.2010, 13:24 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
AMC casts 'Walking Dead' lead

Quote:
AMC has cast Andrew Lincoln as the lead in its zombie apocalypse thriller "The Walking Dead."

Lincoln ("Teachers," "Love Actually") will play Rick Grimes, a small-town cop who leads a group of survivors in their struggle against a world besieged by zombies.

As previously announced Jon Bernthal ("The Pacific") will play Shane, a survivor who was Rick's police partner before the zombie disaster.

“Andrew Lincoln, wow--what an amazing find this guy is," said Robert Kirkman, who wrote the comic book series upon which the series is based. "Writing Rick Grimes month after month in the comic series, I had no idea he was an actual living breathing human being and yet here he is. I couldn't be more thrilled with how this show is coming together."

"Walking Dead" starts shooting in June in Atlanta, with Frank Darabont as writer, director and executive producer.

Andrew Lincoln

Jon Bernthal

PostPosted: Wed 05.05.2010, 09:52 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
More Casting news:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44935

Quote:
Laurie Holden, the hot blonde who helped fend off giant bugs in Frank Darabont’s “The Mist,” will play Andrea in Darabont’s AMC Zombie series “Walking Dead,” based on “the Robert Kirkman funnybook series.

Holden joins fellow “Mist” vet Jeffrey DeMunn in the “Dead” cast, as well as Andrew Lincoln (“Love Actually”), Sarah Wayne Callies (“Prison Break”), Jon Bernthal (“Eastwick”) and Steven Yeun.

The series’ six-hour first season is slated to launch on AMC in October.

Laurie Holden

She will be playing Andrea

PostPosted: Tue 06.01.2010, 14:53 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
Quote:
The Walking Dead begins filming in Atlanta on June 2nd in the Fairlie-Poplar District of the city.

Scenes from the pilot and the second episode will be filmed in the daytime on the weekends of June 11th–13th and July 2–4. Walton, Forsyth and Poplar Streets will be partially closed from 7pm on the Fridays till 5am on the Mondays.

And they need zombies. Which is why they have azombie school. If you reckon you’ve got the chops to be undead from June till September, email twdextras@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Fri 07.09.2010, 21:55 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
Some great coverage on this site if you are a TWD fan and gearing up for the TV Show:

http://thewalkingdeadpodcast.com/

PostPosted: Fri 07.09.2010, 22:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
DynastyForce wrote:
Some great coverage on this site if you are a TWD fan and gearing up for the TV Show:

http://thewalkingdeadpodcast.com/

Cool. Thanks.

Hopefully they adapt it well, as the first books were fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu 07.15.2010, 11:44 
Darth Mod

Donate
ind.gif
First pic of the Entire Cast... this is turning out to be an AMAZING show.

PostPosted: Thu 07.15.2010, 12:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 31168
Donate
DynastyForce wrote:
First pic of the Entire Cast... this is turning out to be an AMAZING show.

The guy in the sheriff's hat reminds me of Charlie from IASIP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2344 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 157  Next