FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 05.25.2015, 12:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 14:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Sun Aug 30, 2009
Sand$ 37,300.98
Posts 8041
Location Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
In no particular order...

1. The mind boggling abundance of people who use "would of", "could of", and "should of", instead of "would've", "could've", and "should've". Contractions... they're not just for women in labor. Sadly, someone already beat me to making couldof.com. Hooked on Phonics works for no one, and I can only hope I'm in a position to review your resume for your dream job someday.

2. Anybody who chews with their mouth open. I need to train some pigeons to divebomb and poop in the gaping maws of these people.

3. People who have loud cell phone conversations on the bus. If you sit next to me, I will muster every ounce of intestinal fortitude I have to rip a fart that will make you regret every breath you take between sentences. I don't want to hear about the pork chops that need to be thawed for dinner, or how you exceeded last quarter's sales by 2.3%, or how Ruthie would have made honor roll if it wasn't for the C+ in Spanish. So don't be upset if I start talking to you and say things like "I hear there's an E-Coli outbreak in pork products.", or "Only 2.3%? Probably could have had more if you used mouthwash.", or "Ruthie would have gotten the A if Senor Guapo was more sexually attracted to fat girls.".

4. "Reality" TV shows about dancing. I don't care if you're dancing with a celebrity, a dancing celebrity, or think you're the latest incarnation of Fame. I don't want to see your pseudo-epileptic seizures or any sort of attempt to attention-whore your way off the D list unless you're female and it involves a wardrobe malfunction. I might have included all reality shows here, but I secretly enjoy the tone-deaf auditions on American Idol, and Joe Millionaire was just plain awesome... the only show to purposely put the caption "...slurp..." on the air. But I digress.

5. Nicholas Cage. There are bowel movements in India that possess a greater range of emotion than you do. Every time you open your mouth, you sound like the mentally slow transfer student from Alabama in my 7th grade English class. I wish your movie Faceoff had been real, and ended 1/3 of the way through. And you want to know the real reason the aliens left your character's rump behind to die in Know1ng? Because he was being played by Nicholas Cage!! Just stop.

6. Country music. Responsible for 1/3 of the Paxil and Zoloft prescriptions in the USA. Some of the most mundane and inane song subject matter that exists... on par with rap music. If I hear the words "ho down", I desperately hope they're talking about a hooker who just experienced the pimp hand... and that's just sad. But not as sad as your wife leaving you for your uncle, your dog dying of feline AIDS, and finding out your Ford pickup was actually made in China. I'll give you slight bonus points for Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill, but it would make my day if they stopped yodeling in slow motion and flipped genres.

I just needed to get that off my chest. There's lots more, but I'm feeling better already. Share your pet peeves if you like. Or don't. But my next pet peeve will likely be forum threads that everybody reads but nobody responds to. Wankers!

Last edited by DropkickFluties on Fri 12.04.2009, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 14:36 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Joined Thu Aug 25, 2005
Sand$ 108.70
Posts 30152
Location NOT Purdue, Indiana
buf.gif
I notice you do this, but that's just a coincidence as i really was going to write it regardless. That said...

This is a Fantasy Football website. I have no problem putting their roster in their signature lines, but it is incredibly retarded to preface each line with "QB)" or "RB:" or "WR-".

This is a Fantasy Football website. We KNOW what position Brady, ADP, Celek, Bironas, and every other guy in the NFL plays. No need to spell it out for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 14:37 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$ 21,170.50
Posts 25240
Location Philly
phi.gif
Merriman posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 14:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Sat Jul 2, 2005
Sand$ 86,343.78
Posts 21209
Location Not where I used to be...
stl.gif
People that have pet peeves are my pet peeve. So are people that complain.

I'm your Huckleberry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 14:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 7,066.24
Posts 15511
Location City of Champions
pit.gif
imyourhuckleberry wrote:

I'm your Huckleberry

you're your own pet peeve. neat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 15:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,849.48
Posts 14686
So, how long before this thread gets lock. Also, sheesh dropkick, what doesn't bother you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 15:12 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Wed Oct 8, 2008
Sand$ 6,141.00
Posts 2039
kc.gif
How about people who don't use the search function?

http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200854

:wink: Just kidding. Not much bothers me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 15:57 

Joined Tue Oct 21, 2003
Sand$ 4,256.10
Posts 27214
Location Austin, TX
hou.gif
gridguru wrote:
I notice you do this, but that's just a coincidence as i really was going to write it regardless. That said...

This is a Fantasy Football website. I have no problem putting their roster in their signature lines, but it is incredibly retarded to preface each line with "QB)" or "RB:" or "WR-".

This is a Fantasy Football website. We KNOW what position Brady, ADP, Celek, Bironas, and every other guy in the NFL plays. No need to spell it out for us.

Bite me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 16:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Tue Jul 12, 2005
Sand$ 10,395.00
Posts 11663
Location In the happy clouds
dal.gif
1. I'm with you on the Country Music thing...I just don't get it.

2. ANY reality show blows...I hate them all.

3. Obliteration of the English language. Some of my favorites:

-People that say "Physical policy" when it's FISCAL.

-People that use the word "irregardless"...it just doesn't exist...it's a double negative

-Misuse of "their", "there" and "they're"

-Misuse of "your" and "you're"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 16:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Wed Oct 8, 2008
Sand$ 6,141.00
Posts 2039
kc.gif
I've never understood how people could confuse "lose" with "loose". I guess some people don't have an inner voice that reads the crap they type.

Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 17:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Fri Sep 2, 2005
Sand$ 46,050.00
Posts 9722
Location Elk Grove, CA
pit.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
1. The mind boggling abundance of people who use "would of", "could of", and "should of", instead of "would've", "could've", and "should've". Contractions... they're not just for women in labor. Sadly, someone already beat me to making couldof.com. Hooked on Phonics works for no one, and I can only hope I'm in a position to review your resume for your dream job someday.

3. People who have loud cell phone conversations on the bus. If you sit next to me, I will muster every ounce of intestinal fortitude I have to rip a fart that will make you regret every breath you take between sentences. I don't want to hear about the pork chops that need to be thawed for dinner, or how you exceeded last quarter's sales by 2.3%, or how Ruthie would have made honor roll if it wasn't for the C+ in Spanish. So don't be upset if I start talking to you and say things like "I hear there's an E-Coli outbreak in pork products.", or "Only 2.3%? Probably could have had more if you used mouthwash.", or "Ruthie would have gotten the A if Senor Guapo was more sexually attracted to fat girls.".

You ride the bus. Me thinks you won't be checking resumes any time soon.

Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 17:05 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Joined Thu Aug 25, 2005
Sand$ 108.70
Posts 30152
Location NOT Purdue, Indiana
buf.gif
SteelReserve wrote:
DropkickFluties wrote:

You ride the bus. Me thinks you won't be checking resumes any time soon.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 17:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Sun Nov 6, 2005
Sand$ 2.00
Posts 18062
Location Don't let the name change fool you. Still a Vikes fan for life!
min.gif
elven wrote:
imyourhuckleberry wrote:

I'm your Huckleberry

you're your own pet peeve. neat.
:lol: :lol:

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 17:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Joined Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$ 9,475.00
Posts 14856
Location North Dakota
gb.gif
I hate whenever there is something controversial everyone still thinks its clever to put "gate" behind it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 12.04.2009, 17:10 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Joined Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$ 10,475.74
Posts 34325
Location location, location
oak.gif
und2006 wrote:
I hate whenever there is something controversial everyone still thinks its clever to put "gate" behind it.

Agreed. Unless there's a hotel with "gate" in its name, it's not a "gate"-worthy scandal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next