Megalodon
Sand$: 28,998.44
tjusmc wrote:There are still two more books coming.

At rate of last book, HBO will finish the series first :lol:

ImageImageImage
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,323.74
when is Season 2 supposed to kick off? i guess I could look it up, but I thought it was to be in Jan '12... I fired up On Demand thinking it was already a few episodes deep....only to find that's not the case.

ImageImageImageImageImage

pwbowen wrote:I apologize for being the wet fart.
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,674.46
Season to kicks off April 1st.

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Great White Shark
Sand$: 320,245.24

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 92,886.11
Ok, i missed the entire season except for teh first few episodes, but loved the books. Purposefully ignored this thread.

1) Did they do it successfully?

2) when does it come out on dvd?

ImageImage
Chum
Sand$: 126.00
I'm also a big BIG fan of the Song of Ice & Fire saga. Did you read the last one yet FA? 'Been waiting for a few years for it. So, to answer your question, yeah they did it very well. My gf loved it, because she didn't red the books so she was far more interested in storyline also. And she's already bugging me with questions what happens next :)

First season also captures the first book very well in just ten episodes. So, all in all HBO stayed worthy of their reputation.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 92,886.11
c0RpSe wrote:I'm also a big BIG fan of the Song of Ice & Fire saga. Did you read the last one yet FA? 'Been waiting for a few years for it. So, to answer your question, yeah they did it very well. My gf loved it, because she didn't red the books so she was far more interested in storyline also. And she's already bugging me with questions what happens next :)

First season also captures the first book very well in just ten episodes. So, all in all HBO stayed worthy of their reputation.

:D niiiiice..and no, have not read the latest one..

ImageImage
Megalodon
Sand$: 17,525.18
Fighting Amish wrote:
c0RpSe wrote:I'm also a big BIG fan of the Song of Ice & Fire saga. Did you read the last one yet FA? 'Been waiting for a few years for it. So, to answer your question, yeah they did it very well. My gf loved it, because she didn't red the books so she was far more interested in storyline also. And she's already bugging me with questions what happens next :)

:D niiiiice..and no, have not read the latest one..

latest one is good. reading it now. not near as depressing as book 4.

dvd comes out march 6th.

rumors are that hbo stays less faithful to grrm's narrative arc begning this season (which is ok by me b/c he goes too many different directions at once sometiemes).

<blurb><blurb>

On 10/3/08 Huckleberry wrote:

Something we can agree on DaKlute.
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,674.46

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Chum
Sand$: 126.00
Wow :o ...this artwork is absolutely amazing. Though Stark looks a bit better than Targaryen.

DaKlute: are you refering to Feast for Crows as book 4? Some people have the two-parted Storm of Swords and then refer to second part of it as book 4. However, I actually really enjoyed Feast. I've heard many people saying that it's the weakest one but imo quality hadn't dropped and I red it as fast and as hungrily as others.

The latest one can be a drag here and there, but it's ASOIF, even the worst book in series is one of the best epic fantasy books imo. I have a feeling though that the next one will be filled with pure awesomness. But... god knows how long we'll have to wait for it. This one took too long to be honest.
Megalodon
c0RpSe wrote:Wow :o ...this artwork is absolutely amazing. Though Stark looks a bit better than Targaryen.

DaKlute: are you refering to Feast for Crows as book 4? Some people have the two-parted Storm of Swords and then refer to second part of it as book 4. However, I actually really enjoyed Feast. I've heard many people saying that it's the weakest one but imo quality hadn't dropped and I red it as fast and as hungrily as others.

The latest one can be a drag here and there, but it's ASOIF, even the worst book in series is one of the best epic fantasy books imo. I have a feeling though that the next one will be filled with pure awesomness. But... god knows how long we'll have to wait for it. This one took too long to be honest.

yes, the crow book is #4 for me.

i like the latest one, but i only 1/3 into it.

<blurb><blurb>

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 17,790.06
it starts to drag. and actually make you angry.

a guy at the black gate talks about why we may not be happy with how all this plays out.

http://www.blackgate.com/2012/01/25/art ... -creation/

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Sand$: 7,250.60
i just bought the first three books, but i havent started them yet ...

Megalodon
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:it starts to drag. and actually make you angry.

a guy at the black gate talks about why we may not be happy with how all this plays out.

http://www.blackgate.com/2012/01/25/art ... -creation/

well, great. thanks.

<blurb><blurb>

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 17,790.06
if you really like the series, you are able to look past all of it. i did even though its at times frustrating. it certainly better than much of the drivel thats out there. i have friends that were kind of so so on the story line already, and they really lost interest.

dk, check out the rothfuss books. i think you'll really like them.

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor