Billary

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 9,945.52
It astounds me that people can overlook it's insanity and even consider this a potus..

Hillary Clinton Requested Book With Tips On ‘How to Delete Something So It Stays Deleted’

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-president ... ium=social

"When it comes to the Browns, hope is a dangerous thing." - Red
“However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”
~Winston Churchill
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,887.14
She should ask Tom Brady how to destroy shoot so it can't be checked
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 38,412.26
It astounds me that people think this is exclusively a billary phenomenon.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
getdownmmmkay wrote:It astounds me that people think this is exclusively a billary phenomenon.

The article is hardly evidence they did anything in the first place
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 8,986.97
most people aren't "overlooking" this and a majority support a criminal investigation.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... be-of-hil/

The majority of Americans support a ‘criminal investigation’ of Hillary emails

I'm astounded that anyone thinks anything will come of this. She has money so she'll buy her way out of trouble. That's the American way!

OAK 34 PIT 31
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 147,163.32
I can't even believe Hilary is happening.. People actually backing it/her thinking this is a good idea..

Its got to be some kind of joke.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,580.76
Blzbba wrote:most people aren't "overlooking" this and a majority support a criminal investigation.

I'm astounded that anyone thinks anything will come of this. She has money so she'll buy her way out of trouble. That's the American way!

I don't know what the issue is. The emails were just part of the Benghazi smear, where the State Department and Hillary did nothing wrong. There is some kind of hysteria about whether there was an inadequate rescue response (not really), or whether the immediate reports were correctly or incorrectly partly wrong. The immediate reports did not identify any terrorist organizations as responsible, andthe protests were partly identified as spontaneous. I'm still not clear on how many of the people on the street were there spontaneously, and how many were sent there. And I don't know whether that is deliberate secrecy, or lack of information.

Benghazi investigations are just another witch hunt. An embassy was attacked (by an enemy group of some nature) and people were killed. The responsible parties are the enemy group, who we still have not publicly identified or made a publicly known strike/action against.

Hillary used a non-government server for her emails. It was a very secure server. It was not against the rules to use that server. It sounds like the records retention policies for government documents and emails is complex. I'm not sure if the rules were followed or not. My assumption is that they were followed.

These are the relevant legal bits:
The Federal Records Act requires agencies hold onto official communications, including all work-related emails, and government employees cannot destroy or remove relevant records.
FOIA is designed to "improve public access to agency records and information."
The NARA regulations dictate how records should be created and maintained. They stress that materials must be maintained "by the agency," that they should be "readily found" and that the records must "make possible a proper scrutiny by the Congress."
Section 1924 of Title 18 has to do with deletion and retention of classified documents. "Knowingly" removing or housing classified information at an "unauthorized location" is subject to a fine or a year in prison.

People don't realize that the laws changed in 2014. What Hillary did may appear shady, and would violate the CURRENT 2014 laws, but was legal. The CURRENT law STILL allows using personal email for government business. It does however change to require that letters and emails for the Secretary of State have to be retained.

1. It is entirely legal, even today, for a Secretary of State to use a non-government email system.
2. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was required to preserve relevant documents.
3. Secretary's of State are now required to turn over all emails in 20 days, for preservation.

There really can't be a criminal investigation without a law that is proposed to be broken. Hillary turned over relevant documents to the State Department. She is allowed to delete old emails. It is actually the responsible thing to do.

The goal of these investigations is to try to convince public opinion that Hillary is hiding things, or that she has something to hide, or that she violated the spirit of the law, or broke the law.

It isn't about money buying out of a crime. There simply is no crime.

Hillary used a non-government email system, preserved relevant documents, and deleted non-relevant emails. That was exactly legal.

I think Benghazi is a GIANT witch hunt. The US was attacked and the Secretary of State is being blamed because the republicans don't think enough of the story was about terrorists, even though it was called an act of terror on September 12th, the day after the attacks
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/09/12/remarks-president-deaths-us-embassy-staff-libya

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

There was an attack on an embassy and 4 died. There was nothing improper in the government response.

The republicans want Hillary to be smeared, and there are lots of smear stories. It is useful to step back and understand that there is simply no basis to the partisan witch hunt of the Benghazi investigations. And anyone smart who watched any prior witch hunt knows: never cooperate.

Bill Clinton (someone Hillary knows well) was destroyed by cooperating with the Whitewater investigation. He was entirely innocent in that situation. He cooperated with a group of Arkansas developers but never used his power to make money for himself. And doing political favors for cronies ... when that is illegal we can all be happier. But BIll didn't stonewall from the beginning and Kenneth Starr stopped investigating that early (there was not a basis to bring down Clinton ... no crime at all). He wandered around investigating until he found evidence of the President getting blowjobs, and set a trap.

The reality is that you especially want to stonewall at the point where when they break down the wall, you show the evidence of innocence. Never prove innocence, because these investigations won't end, they just move on, and everyone has something they aren't proud of somewhere.

Hillary should stonewall the Benghazi investigations. Let them do their thing for the next year. America is already tired of that. If enough democrats get worried about skeletons in the closet ... then the damage is done. I think people will catch on that it is an empty witch hunt.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,580.76
As an example of what I was saying ... I thought President Obama should never have produced his birth certificate. The birther cause was a great lightning rod to distract the witch hunt crowd. And Obama ALWAYS had the facts and the law on his side, to produce if he ever decided it was too much of a distraction.

There are always political enemies engaged in witch hunts. The best strategy is to get them onto something that you can easily refute, and then don't refute it. Stonewall it on "principle". Always feed the enemy that is fighting you on a cause that is lost for them, at the time of your choosing.

If Bill Clinton had stonewalled Whitewater investigations more, those investigations which led to nothing, would have lasted. The best time to look like you have something to hide is when you have nothing to hide. President Obama could have kept hiding his birth certificate, and it would still be distracting republicans.

Politics is a dirty business. I have no idea what Hillary's strategy is politically. I think she is smartly letting the silly season pass by, to time enthusiasm for the November 2016 election a bit better. Let the witch hunt crowd run. Let the republican primary get messy. Raise money. Move to Iowa and New Hampshire in January 2016. Start talking about the silliness of the idea that the Secretary of State didn't handle an embassy crisis correctly. Start talking about the meetings and information that they got. Appear deeply affected by Chris Stevens death and lament the politicization of a tragedy. Take a moderate issue stance.

Now is not the time to divert a stupid investigation. Let it run. Let it fizzle out on its own. Let the witch hunt continue in the comment sections and on random message boards. But only engage that message at the time and place of her own choice.

I can only assume that every politician and political strategist learned the lesson of how and when to stonewall from the Bill Clinton investigations and impeachment hearings.
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,374.26
as amish and i have reached some sort of weird detente in the main tank i'll avoid commenting except to say that what gdmk said is right on.

also, votiingmachine makes some great points, especially in regards to the law changes.

colin powell did the exact same thing.

<blurb><blurb>

On 10/3/08 Huckleberry wrote:

Something we can agree on DaKlute.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,232.50
We need a politics forum...
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,374.26
or pwbowen is leaving?

<blurb><blurb>

On 10/3/08 Huckleberry wrote:

Something we can agree on DaKlute.
Great White Shark
Things voting machine said

Word.

My personal baseless speculation about Benghazi is there was some kind of secret meeting and they got double crossed because the CIA isn't perfect.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 8,986.97
votingmachine wrote:
Blzbba wrote:most people aren't "overlooking" this and a majority support a criminal investigation.

I don't know what the issue is. The emails were just part of the Benghazi smear, where the State Department and Hillary did nothing wrong. ....

It's revealing that the GOP & its supporters are more upset about Hillary & Benghazi than they ever were about George Bush's fail to protect 3000+ Americans on 9/11.

OAK 34 PIT 31
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,232.50
Blzbba wrote:
votingmachine wrote:

I don't know what the issue is. The emails were just part of the Benghazi smear, where the State Department and Hillary did nothing wrong. ....

It's revealing that the GOP & its supporters are more upset about Hillary & Benghazi than they ever were about George Bush's fail to protect 3000+ Americans on 9/11.

Or the subsequent deaths of 4000+ soldiers who died in Iraq chasing after oil...errr regime change...errr WMDs.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,532.00
DaKlute wrote:or pwbowen is leaving?

Right after you, King of Trolls. EABOD.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.