FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 10:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 07.23.2014, 21:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21035
Donate
bal.gif
What you need to know
Quote:
The Show will take place before,during and after Breaking Bad

Peter Gould, executive producer of AMC’s Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul, told the New York Daily News that the spinoff will jump between decades and may even include scenes that take place during the Breaking Bad timeline. This means that there’s a chance Bryan Cranston will reprise his three-time Emmy-winning role as school teacher-turned-meth kingpin Walter White.

Promo Photos

other notes
Quote:
Better Call Saul: AMC Confirms Series Regulars, Teases [Spoiler's] Return
By Vlada Gelman / July 11 2014, 5:35 PM PDT

Team Better Call Saul has officially assembled.

At the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour in Beverly Hills on Friday, AMC confirmed the full line-up of series regulars joining star Bob Odenkirk.

Michael McKean (Family Tree) will play Saul’s brother Chuck, Jonathan Banks will reprise his Breaking Bad role of Mike Ehrmantraut, Rhea Seehorn (Franklin & Bash) will play Kim, Patrick Fabian (Grey’s Anatomy) will play Hamlin and Michael Mando (Orphan Black) will play Mando.

“The series is set six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White,” reads the Breaking Bad prequel’s official description. “When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is ‘fixer’ Mike Ehrmantraut, a beloved character introduced in Breaking Bad. The series will track Jimmy’s transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts ‘criminal’ in ‘Criminal lawyer.’”

AMC also released two new production stills, one of Odenkirk as Saul (above) and another of Saul with McKean’s Chuck (right).

Already ordered for a 13-episode second season, Saul‘s first outing of 10 episode is slated to premiere in early 2015.

Other tidbits from the panel:

* The show could have made its original November premiere date, but creator Vince Gilligan asked AMC for more time. “I am slow as mud as a TV writer,” he explained. “We have a way of doing things that are slower than most TV shows.” Given that, how will he juggle his Saul duties with his new CBS drama Battle Creek? “I don’t have as much to do with” the latter show, Gilligan admitted. And while Better Call Saul is a fifty-fifty partnership between Gilligan and executive producer Peter Gould, who created the title character, “it’s going to be more and more Peter’s” project as the series progresses.

* As they were crafting the prequel, Gilligan found that “we didn’t really know who this guy [Saul] is at all” even though viewers already know where he ends up. “It’s a very interesting process, and there are certain limits” given Breaking Bad, he allowed. Added Gould: “It reminds me a lot of Season 5 when we had the machine gun in the trunk. We had no idea how we were going to get there. … It’s a challenge. One of the questions we ask ourselves a lot is, what problem does being Saul Goodman solve?”

* Gould on a possible appearance from Giancarlo Esposito’s Gus: “There’s so much more to say about that character. There’s always a possibility. Having said that, we’re trying to make something that stands on its own.”

* Will Saul have a non-linear storytelling structure? “I like jumping around in time,” Gilligan replied. “Anything that was possible storytelling wise on Breaking Bad is possible on Better Call Saul.”

* Gilligan on the hate for Breaking Bad‘s Skylar: “I learned my lesson. I’m never going to write less-than-perfect women again. I was always scratching my head at the anti-Skylar bias. To me, she was a much more likable character than Walt was.”

Also its already been renewed for season 2.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit : 7/10

PostPosted: Wed 07.23.2014, 21:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18944
Donate
min.gif
That settles it then, I'll watch Breaking Bad this winter. And then I'll start watching this. Bob Odenkirk is awesome.

PostPosted: Wed 07.23.2014, 21:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1393
Donate
cin.gif
Saul is a good character, hope the show has good writing, it could be very enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 06:47 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33010
Donate
car.gif
Looking forward to this one, I had thought it was canned after Odenkirk showed up on Fargo.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 08:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26792
Donate
chi.gif
Griffimo wrote:
That settles it then, I'll watch Breaking Bad this winter. And then I'll start watching this. Bob Odenkirk is awesome.

You've seriously never seen Breaking Bad???? Then you're in for a treat. It's starts out a little slow - amusing, but a little slow. But just keep watching - and strap yourself in. Most riveting TV show I've ever seen, period.

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 08:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21266
Donate
ne.gif
I hope this is good. I don't think I'd have the same appreciation or desire to watch this show without first seeing Breaking Bad. So I would suggest watching Breaking Bad first.

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 11:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 50977
Donate
gballs1 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

You've seriously never seen Breaking Bad???? Then you're in for a treat. It's starts out a little slow - amusing, but a little slow. But just keep watching - and strap yourself in. Most riveting TV show I've ever seen, period.

The best thing BB did was to make you feel the tension. It really pulls you in. You actually feel what's going on. It can get pretty intense, especially in a viewing marathon.

"They talk of democracy, freedom, fairness. Those are the creeds of cowards! The ones who would listen to a thousand view points and try to satisfy them all. Achievement comes through absolute power! And power through strength! They have lost!"

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 11:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21266
Donate
ne.gif
WHO wrote:
gballs1 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

The best thing BB did was to make you feel the tension. It really pulls you in. You actually feel what's going on. It can get pretty intense, especially in a viewing marathon.

I want to go back and watch it again, but I think I'll wait a while so hopefully I can forget some of those things to keep it intense. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 19:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 1870
Donate
stl.gif
This doesn't last past a season.

I'm not totally useless... I can be used as a bad example.

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 20:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21035
Donate
bal.gif
DieHard wrote:

you mean past 2 seasons?

'Better Call Saul' Renewed for Second Season, Delayed Until 2015

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit : 7/10

PostPosted: Thu 07.24.2014, 22:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
DieHard wrote:

I think I'll take that bet. :wink:

I do wonder if it will have more of a humorous slant than BB. I enjoyed the humor that was sprinkled in Walt's story. As long as they don't shoehorn it in too much I think it could be good.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 07.25.2014, 19:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 1870
Donate
stl.gif
Viewership will tank before season 1 finishes. There wasn't much interesting or entertaining about the Saul character on BB, I don't get why they even bothered exploring this project.

I'm not totally useless... I can be used as a bad example.

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=144793

PostPosted: Fri 07.25.2014, 23:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
DieHard wrote:
Viewership will tank before season 1 finishes. There wasn't much interesting or entertaining about the Saul character on BB, I don't get why they even bothered exploring this project.

Why assume it's Saul-centric? He could always be the linchpin to really delve into a lot of interesting characters. Imagine the people he's interacted with and could be a lot of interesting stories. Mike being back also makes it a lot more interesting.

With this writing staff I'm not going to go into it expecting it to flop.