FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 22:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Marvel - Civil War
PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 13:32 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 9248
Donate
dal.gif
http://www.avclub.com/article/marvel-movies-are-declaring-civil-war-210446

Quote:
Remember all of those good times The Avengers had in their first movie, like beating up Loki and eating shawarma? Well, the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going to be a lot less friendly once Captain America 3 comes out. According to a big blow-out exclusive from Variety, not only will Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man be appearing in the star-spangled sequel, but it will also introduce Marvel’s Civil War event to the movies.

For anyone who missed the Mark Millar-written crossover that hit Marvel’s comics in 2006, the storyline is about the government passing a law that requires all superheroes to disclose their secret identities, register themselves, and become what are essentially super-powered cops. It turns into a whole big thing about civil liberties, the responsibilities of a hero, and the price we pay for security, and—hence the name—it divides the superhero community. Iron Man supports it, Captain America doesn’t, and eventually they decide to start beating each other up over their political ideals—as people are wont to do in America.

Post subject: Re: Marvel - Civil War
PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 13:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8433
Donate
gb.gif
Old news...

Everyone saw this coming. Too many Fallen Son seeds planted not to be so.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 13:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27174
Donate
ne.gif
I thought we'd get more characters or a Justice League or another Avengers before something like this.

How are the comics involving this whole idea? Seems a bit lame to me, but I don't know what's been going on in the comic book world.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 13:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8433
Donate
gb.gif
Avengers 2 is before Cap 3.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 13:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 486
Donate
nerd alert

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16947
Donate
bal.gif
Guessing this is going to be a much more condensed version for the big screen, for the most part I really liked the whole civil war storyline I just hated the ending.

for those that have no idea what the nerds are talking about, Im glad we getting this as it shows just how much of a douche/manipulator Tony Stark really is in the comic books.

Quote:

Civil War follows the implementation and consequences of the Superhuman Registration Act, a legislative bill which required the mandatory registration of any person based in the United States with super powers. The act arose due to public pressure for accountability following a series of superhuman-related events causing significant damage and death within the Marvel universe, such as an attack on Manhattan in reprisal for Nick Fury's "Secret War", and the Hulk's rampage in Las Vegas which resulted in the death of 26 people. When the mutant population was drastically reduced in the aftermath of M-Day, itself caused by a mutant, anti-mutant hysteria caused by extremist groups caused a majority of the remaining mutants, known as the 198, to relocate to the Xavier Institute, and raised public support for the proposed act.

Public sentiment toward superheroes plummeted after the New Warriors, a group of young superheroes and the focus of a reality TV show, botched an attempt to apprehend a group of supervillains in a quest for better ratings. In the resulting fight the villain Nitro used his explosive powers to destroy several city blocks, including an elementary school at the epicenter, resulting in the death of over 600 civilians, 60 of whom were children, with just Speedball of the Warriors and Nitro himself surviving. Although many high-profile superheroes assisted in the relief and rescue effort, there were a number of isolated revenge attacks, and support for registration rose.

The prospect of registration divided the superhuman community down the middle, with Tony Stark, the superhero Iron Man who had previously tried to halt the act, becoming the pro-registration figurehead, and Captain America leading the anti-registration group

Captain America:Winter Soldier 9/10
X-Men:Days of Future Past 9/10
How to Train your Dragon 2 9/10
Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7/10

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36334
Donate
mia.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
Seems a bit lame to me

Surprise.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
Gonna be hard for Marvel studios to do this since Spider-man (who Marvel Studios don't have the rights to) plays a very large role in Civil War

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Do I get to see Pepper Potts in short shorts?

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
Kaleb.09 wrote:
Gonna be hard for Marvel studios to do this since Spider-man (who Marvel Studios don't have the rights to) plays a very large role in Civil War

They can write around that.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
Elmagister wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

They can write around that.

yeah guess they can.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:28 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2996
Donate
pit.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
http://www.avclub.com/article/marvel-movies-are-declaring-civil-war-210446

Quote:
Remember all of those good times The Avengers had in their first movie, like beating up Loki and eating shawarma? Well, the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going to be a lot less friendly once Captain America 3 comes out. According to a big blow-out exclusive from Variety, not only will Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man be appearing in the star-spangled sequel, but it will also introduce Marvel’s Civil War event to the movies.

For anyone who missed the Mark Millar-written crossover that hit Marvel’s comics in 2006, the storyline is about the government passing a law that requires all superheroes to disclose their secret identities, register themselves, and become what are essentially super-powered cops. It turns into a whole big thing about civil liberties, the responsibilities of a hero, and the price we pay for security, and—hence the name—it divides the superhero community. Iron Man supports it, Captain America doesn’t, and eventually they decide to start beating each other up over their political ideals—as people are wont to do in America.

This is a rip-off of the 2004 Pixar movie - The Incredibles.

There, after a series of lawsuits against the Super Hero's, the Hero's reveal their identities to the Government and go into the Witness Protection Programs and they are shielded from all the past lawsuits.....no civil war but they give up their identities and "freedoms" to the government in order to get "protection".

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27174
Donate
ne.gif
Elmagister wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
Seems a bit lame to me

Surprise.

I would have had the same reaction if I was a comic book reader and they brought this new story line into the comic series. The whole story line and idea just seems kind of lame. Have they really exhausted all of the cool stuff and bad guys from the comics and other story lines that we need to get into this Civil War stuff? We have already seen this in X-Men series where they want to classify all of the mutants.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
The idea of registration didn't originate with the incredibles. It was a reaction to current events in the world/terrorism fear/xenophobia/etc.

PostPosted: Tue 10.14.2014, 14:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
bal.gif
If the rumors I've seen are true, we will have two Avengers teams by the end of Avengers:Age of Ultron...one led by Iron Man and one led by Cap,then let the Civil War (Captain America 3) break them down further before the threat of Thanos forces them to be one big happy family again.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Godzilla 7/10