FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 05.23.2015, 02:19

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:28 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$ 5,928.26
Posts 28172
Location America's North Coast
cle.gif
Soooo..Big Brother getting more personal info from you. When is enough enough folks till you say stop?

Is this enough Gov't intrusion into your life yet?



For additional info click here. Do your own research.

http://reasonandjest.com/blog/2011/07/b ... rt-meters/

Since when is it the government's job to make sure we use energy wisely? I understand the "greater good argument", but this does not compute.

The government should not invest in smart meters to monitor and regulate energy consumption in homes because it would be a waste of federal money. It would also probably lead to higher taxes and other fees for homeowners. Instead, it might be wiser to have all electric companies take the initiative to ensure that their meters are "smart" and make the homeowners aware of their actual usage and how to increase their energy efficiency.

We don't need the government even more involved in our personal lives and choices then it already is. If the government was to force us to use smart meters that it monitored, what else are they going to monitor next, how many miles we drive our car in a year?

Why jump to "smart meters"? Because it allows government intrusion and monitoring. What it can monitor and regulate can also be taken away. Annoy a government bureaucrat and be left to swelter in the summer because of a smart meter set to "ration". Question the government too much, and they can now turn off your TV and computer in the name of saving the Earth. Why not turn off electricity to medical devices when medical costs for a person get too high? Just switch off the nebulizer, feeding tube or breathing machine. Save money and energy at once. How can we have a right to sexual privacy, reading, and opinion when the government can take turn off the TV, take away the car, and shut down the radio at will?

In Ohio..our water usage has plummeted to less than half the usage just 25 years ago. BECAUSE of the Lower demand, the Water Dept has petitioned the P.U.C.O to more than TRIPLE the water rates! TRIPLE! PUCO is ( the state utilities commission that is a pseudo consumer protection arm, but is really a corrupt strong arm of the utility companies.)

So..lower demand and higher prices..check! So this smart meter is to help in lowering demand and become more efficient? riiiiggghhht!

_________________
Image
"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."


Last edited by Fighting Amish on Wed 07.27.2011, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:31 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$ 2,053.46
Posts 24279
Location Aggieland
dal.gif
Image

Is his followup video about the Denver Airport and the overabundance of phallic symbols?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:43 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$ 5,928.26
Posts 28172
Location America's North Coast
cle.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
Image

Is his followup video about the Denver Airport and the overabundance of phallic symbols?


ok..any adults interested in looking into this?

:P

_________________
Image
"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:50 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,849.48
Posts 14686
Fighting Amish wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
Image

Is his followup video about the Denver Airport and the overabundance of phallic symbols?


ok..any adults interested in looking into this?

:P


I looked into this. Apparently you can't even fool the smart meters by using hand sanitizer.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:52 
Offline
HammerHead Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Jan 13, 2011
Sand$ 964.00
Posts 986
cin.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
Image

Is his followup video about the Denver Airport and the overabundance of phallic symbols?


ok..any adults interested in looking into this?

:P


I looked into this. Apparently you can't even fool the smart meters by using hand sanitizer.

+1 for cross thread pollination :lol:

_________________
elven wrote:
i fully support name-calling and profanity in general.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:56 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$ 2,053.46
Posts 24279
Location Aggieland
dal.gif
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:57 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$ 44,344.00
Posts 25041
Location @GriffKingsman
Image

_________________
Box Office Fantasy League

Come join!

password: sharktank


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 16:57 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon Mar 19, 2007
Sand$ 67,352.16
Posts 25966
Location Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
OUTRAGEOUS -"Implied Consent" - what a load of bullocks!

Be afraid. Be very afraid. I'm going to have to check into these smart meters distribution in Louisiana. Entergy will be hearing from me. Thank you very much F.A..

_________________
It is the province of knowledge to speak, the privilege of wisdom to listen.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:01 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$ 12,511.84
Posts 24922
Location Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


Is that such a bad thing? Technology is going to eventually reach a point where it controls us and we don't control it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:02 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon Mar 19, 2007
Sand$ 67,352.16
Posts 25966
Location Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


Is that such a bad thing? Technology is going to eventually reach a point where it controls us and we don't control it.


Think SkyNet.

_________________
It is the province of knowledge to speak, the privilege of wisdom to listen.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:09 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$ 5,928.26
Posts 28172
Location America's North Coast
cle.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


:F ok, so your explanation as to it's capabilities is a comprehensive one and complete to the best of your knowledge and all the claims of that guy and numerous websites as to it's capabilities are all wrong. It's all for our our own...good and helps us become better...citizens.

ok

You can't be serious..but yet, I sense that you are.


It is the government's business to govern, not to monitor individuals. For example, a city government may look at overall energy consumption in their city in developing a plan for conserving energy, but monitoring individuals' homes does not give the city any advantage in moderating overall consumption. Just the same, governmental policy (and actual governance) in the United States was not and is not developed according to the will of individual people, but through the collective will of the people.

_________________
Image
"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:18 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$ 2,053.46
Posts 24279
Location Aggieland
dal.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


:F ok, so your explanation as to it's capabilities is a comprehensive one and complete to the best of your knowledge and all the claims of that guy and numerous websites as to it's capabilities are all wrong. It's all for our our own...good and helps us become better...citizens.

ok

You can't be serious..but yet, I sense that you are.


It is the government's business to govern, not to monitor individuals. For example, a city government may look at overall energy consumption in their city in developing a plan for conserving energy, but monitoring individuals' homes does not give the city any advantage in moderating overall consumption. Just the same, governmental policy (and actual governance) in the United States was not and is not developed according to the will of individual people, but through the collective will of the people.


You really should cut back on the caffeine. The world isn't out to get you.

Just because you read about it on the internet doesn't mean they are all plotting your destruction.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:28 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$ 12,511.84
Posts 24922
Location Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
WHO wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


Is that such a bad thing? Technology is going to eventually reach a point where it controls us and we don't control it.


Think SkyNet.


I know it's funny to joke about, but envisioning something along those lines isn't that far fetched somewhere down the line.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:34 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$ 5,928.26
Posts 28172
Location America's North Coast
cle.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
StoneCutter wrote:
:F

Really? If the government wants to track someone based on energy usage, they don't need smart meters. They can use the data they already have from meter readers.

Smart Meters allow local governments to run more efficiently by not employing dozens of meter readers, and it helps to keep the errors in reading to a minimum. It also allows homeowners to more closely track their own usage, if they are so inclined to track that kind of stuff.

Just because someone comes up with the idea that the government "might" use them for nefarious purposes doesn't mean that's the main goal.

If we all applied this kind of chicken little logic to everything, we'd have no technology and still be living in huts.


:F ok, so your explanation as to it's capabilities is a comprehensive one and complete to the best of your knowledge and all the claims of that guy and numerous websites as to it's capabilities are all wrong. It's all for our our own...good and helps us become better...citizens.

ok

You can't be serious..but yet, I sense that you are.


It is the government's business to govern, not to monitor individuals. For example, a city government may look at overall energy consumption in their city in developing a plan for conserving energy, but monitoring individuals' homes does not give the city any advantage in moderating overall consumption. Just the same, governmental policy (and actual governance) in the United States was not and is not developed according to the will of individual people, but through the collective will of the people.


You really should cut back on the caffeine. The world isn't out to get you.

Just because you read about it on the internet doesn't mean they are all plotting your destruction.



:lol: duuuude..you obviously havent read a single thing on the capabilites of these things. "Out to get me" ?? :lol: Just wow.. That's a very childish and naive concept you've got there. Nice knee jerk reaction to drop the "out to get you card" :F too funny man.

_________________
Image
"It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 07.27.2011, 17:38 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$ 9,105.00
Posts 4800
Location San Franpsycho
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

Is that such a bad thing? Technology is going to eventually reach a point where it controls us and we don't control it.


It's not technology that might/does control us. It's those who control the technology.

ATL wrote:
I know it's funny to joke about, but envisioning something along those lines isn't that far fetched somewhere down the line.


Welcome to somewhere down the line. Enjoy your virtual swim.

_________________
"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group