FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.02.2014, 07:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 13:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 29730
Donate
dal.gif
elven wrote:
625james wrote:
elven wrote:
625james wrote:
In Texas a police officer doesn't have to write an accident report for a collision on a public street if in his/her opinion less than $1,000 in damage has occurred. :evil:

are you in enough minor collissions that this is an issue?

The collision doesn't have to be minor. My car was hit from the back on a public street causing over $4,000 in damages, no police report. It took 5 weeks to get compensated. A police report would have taken a couple of weeks off that time.

did you go back and show the cop the $4000 estimate?

I've thought about it, but not sure if I want to rile up a cop. I've mentioned it to everybody I know who. I now carry around what's called a "blue form" even though it's not blue any more. It's basically a citizens accident report. You have two weeks to file it with the state.

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 14:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3186
Donate
cle.gif
elven wrote:
davidgrey wrote:
My wife has been pulling this one more lately. Not closing the bag inside the cereal boxes which will increase the rate of staleness.

stick it in her butt. call it even.

I'll take this as an excuse to post this:

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 14:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2339
Donate
dal.gif
davidgrey wrote:
elven wrote:
davidgrey wrote:
My wife has been pulling this one more lately. Not closing the bag inside the cereal boxes which will increase the rate of staleness.

stick it in her butt. call it even.

I'll take this as an excuse to post this:

Oh my goodness..... :smoker:

PostPosted: Tue 04.24.2012, 15:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9301
Donate
pit.gif
ur wife has a nice butt.

PostPosted: Sat 04.28.2012, 18:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3161
Donate
atl.gif

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 18:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18774
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
Newest pet peeve: spending 90 f***ing minutes on the phone with my homeowners insurance company because my damned property is known by two completely different addresses despite being the exact same physical location, and I need them to just edit the address from one to the other so my f***ing refinancing can finish processing, because they won't process it if the addresses don't match up, and the newer address from the condo conversion is pre-dated by the address on the deed.

The kick in the rump: They had to cancel the old policy, make a new policy, and then had the audacity to try to actually charge me more f***ing money because it was a "different" address, despite the fact that I told them half a dozen times it was the SAME PHYSICAL LOCATION.

The irony: I got them to waive the fee for having to submit it as a 911 address change when the project at my job that I've been working on for the past 2 years and probably the next 2 involves updating the master address list for the 911 system for my state. :F ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PostPosted: Mon 09.24.2012, 19:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13856
Donate
atl.gif
Whenever you call say Comcast or your bank or whatever and you find out you can take a dump and make a sandwich and come back to catch the end of their menu options because according to them they have changed and take 10 damn minutes to get through and then when you finally get where you want to go you magically get disconnected so guess what, MORE MENU OPTIONS!

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 13:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
People who literally don't understand what the word "literally" means when used in conversation. 8)

People who write "fiance" when they really mean "fiancee". Or maybe I'm totally underestimating the ghey epidemic.

Gladiators in my coliseum of entertainment who don't use their tridents and nets properly.

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 13:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7207
Donate
cin.gif
People who don't wait for you to exit the elevator before entering. Even when they see that you're exiting, apparently they have too much momentum to stop from cramming themselves in first.

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 14:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14598
Donate
chi.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
Newest pet peeve: spending 90 f***ing minutes on the phone with my homeowners insurance company because my damned property is known by two completely different addresses despite being the exact same physical location, and I need them to just edit the address from one to the other so my f***ing refinancing can finish processing, because they won't process it if the addresses don't match up, and the newer address from the condo conversion is pre-dated by the address on the deed.

The kick in the rump: They had to cancel the old policy, make a new policy, and then had the audacity to try to actually charge me more f***ing money because it was a "different" address, despite the fact that I told them half a dozen times it was the SAME PHYSICAL LOCATION.

The irony: I got them to waive the fee for having to submit it as a 911 address change when the project at my job that I've been working on for the past 2 years and probably the next 2 involves updating the master address list for the 911 system for my state. :F ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I once owned a house that was at 968 EAST Xxxxxxxx Lane.

somehow, on the mortgage paperwork, it ended up 968 NORTH Xxxxxxxx Lane.

That was a pain in the azz until I moved out.

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 16:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6774
Donate
mia.gif
Currently happening to my coworker: Our company installed new HR software and screwed up his mailing address. He lives on a street named for a number. So instead of mailing him stuff to 123-5th Ave. it's mailing it to 1235 Th Ave. So far, I've heard him on the phone for at least 2 hours, and nobody is able to figure out how to fix the problem.

Difficulty: There is also a "Fifth St." (where the word is used instead of the number) in his town that gets his mail if he tries to spell the number out.

Combination city planning/HR/software patch peeve!

I like my coffee like I like my women...without a penis.

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 16:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
I'm resisting the urge to go on a rant about all the idiotic addressing schemes I've seen in play. It's impossible to build a universal address parser (god knows I've tried) because what is a rule in one town is violated in another.

i.e. 23 A J Slater Road. Is it (23 | A J Slater Road) or is it (23A | J Slater Road) or is it (23 Slater Road| Bldg A| Unit J)? Answer: In some towns it's one, in some towns it's the other, and in some towns it can be any combination thereof.

Disagreement in names between various sources always leaves somebody pissy.

(and +10 Intuition points to anybody who appreciates the name of the sample road)

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 20:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 86154
Donate
stl.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
I'm resisting the urge to go on a rant about all the idiotic addressing schemes I've seen in play. It's impossible to build a universal address parser (god knows I've tried) because what is a rule in one town is violated in another.

i.e. 23 A J Slater Road. Is it (23 | A J Slater Road) or is it (23A | J Slater Road) or is it (23 Slater Road| Bldg A| Unit J)? Answer: In some towns it's one, in some towns it's the other, and in some towns it can be any combination thereof.

Disagreement in names between various sources always leaves somebody pissy.

(and +10 Intuition points to anybody who appreciates the name of the sample road)

Saved by the Bell?

Do I get some sands?

I'm your Huckleberry

Grid Guru....Man of the People!

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 21:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 29730
Donate
dal.gif
What I hate is when a road name changes for no apparent reason. On one side of the intersection the road is called Pierce St and then you drive straight across Hot Lips Blvd and suddenly you are on Hawkeye Rd. There is one road in my hometown that has 3 different names in a 3 block span.

PostPosted: Mon 02.04.2013, 21:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6774
Donate
mia.gif
625james wrote:
What I hate is when a road name changes for no apparent reason. On one side of the intersection the road is called Pierce St and then you drive straight across Hot Lips Blvd and suddenly you are on Hawkeye Rd. There is one road in my hometown that has 3 different names in a 3 block span.

We have one like that. It used to be Lumley Rd. all the was across, but they built a country club/subdivision on it so now you drive on Lumley until it crosses Alexander Dr., where it becomes Arnold Palmer Drive until it crosses Brier Creek Pkwy. where it becomes Lumley again.

I like my coffee like I like my women...without a penis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next