FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.22.2014, 22:42

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 03:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
i've been told that the use of chlorine bleach has been banned in europe and other countries but the only things that i can find that support that are websites that are trying to sell cleaning supplies.

Anyone have any facts on this?

mainly needing to know for some articles i'm working on.

thanks.

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 04:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13330
Donate
dal.gif
I know its banned in Germany due to carcinogen substances that occur when using it.
Its used to treat neurodermatitis however.

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 08:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
weirdos.

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 08:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 8374
Donate
oak.gif
Nothing cleans pools better. That sodium-based garbage they use today doesn't work nearly as well.

Dioxin FTW!

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 08:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26786
Donate
chi.gif
How-T-F do they clean anything?

(Answer: Expensively.)

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 08:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
gballs1 wrote:

There are bleaches, just without chlorine in it.
IIRC I read that there were some accidents with chlorine gas (that was used in WW I btw) that happened when people used the chlorine bleaches and subsequently, it got banned. Actually now that I think about it you can easily produce rather large amounts of chlorine gas using simple household cleaners.

Blzbba wrote:
Nothing cleans pools better. That sodium-based garbage they use today doesn't work nearly as well.

Dioxin FTW!

Hey DDT is arguably the best choice to kill any bug but that does not mean everyone should have access to it :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 11:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 20828
Donate
sf.gif
cornerbackX24 wrote:
gballs1 wrote:

IIRC I read that there were some accidents with chlorine gas (that was used in WW I btw) that happened when people used the chlorine bleaches and subsequently, it got banned. Actually now that I think about it you can easily produce rather large amounts of chlorine gas using simple household cleaners.

Blzbba wrote:

Dioxin FTW!

Hey DDT is arguably the best choice to kill any bug but that does not mean everyone should have access to it :lol:

That was one of the first things I was taught as a kid never to mix when cleaning the bathroom or kitchen. 2 very widely available cleaning products mixed together will wipe out your family easily. I haven't heard of it happening anywhere though. Not saying it doesn't happen, just haven't heard of it.

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 15:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
panachevitz wrote:

That was one of the first things I was taught as a kid never to mix when cleaning the bathroom or kitchen. 2 very widely available cleaning products mixed together will wipe out your family easily. I haven't heard of it happening anywhere though. Not saying it doesn't happen, just haven't heard of it.

Weird. I thought I could find articles easily (in German at least) but found zilch. I could swear I read about that at some point.

It makes me thinking though... why do people think its really necessary to make your home germ-free? I am not that much into allergology but its a fact this isnt healthy for your kids.

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 15:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 32298
Donate
det.gif
panachevitz wrote:
cornerbackX24 wrote:
gballs1 wrote:

Blzbba wrote:

Dioxin FTW!

you're referring to chlorine and ammonia

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 15:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:

you're referring to chlorine and ammonia

Department of homeland security knocking on your door in 3...2...1...

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 16:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
cornerbackX24 wrote:
panachevitz wrote:

Weird. I thought I could find articles easily (in German at least) but found zilch. I could swear I read about that at some point.

It makes me thinking though... why do people think its really necessary to make your home germ-free? I am not that much into allergology but its a fact this isnt healthy for your kids.

i just like it because it cleans better than anything and it gets my whites white.

mix a tablespoon of bleach with a gallon of water and it will clean most everything. mix 1 part bleach and 9 parts water and you have your disinfectant.

btw...everyone knows that bleach and ammonia is a big time no no. if they don't, ammonia isn't that popular as a cleaner anyway. not a lot of households have it compared to bleach.

is it just germany or is it the whole of europe?

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 16:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
raynman wrote:

What am I, your personal research bot? :P

KK, just gimme a couple of minutes. I am interested in knowing too.
Out of curiosity, what kind of articles do you write?

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 16:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
cornerbackX24 wrote:
raynman wrote:

What am I, your personal research bot? :P

KK, just gimme a couple of minutes. I am interested in knowing too.
Out of curiosity, what kind of articles do you write?
:lol: :lol: i got to use whatever resources i can. i just haven't been able to finds a legit source that says that it is banned.

i do freelance writing for bloogers and online marketers and magazines. most everything i do is ghostwriting so i don't take credit for it. here's a list of stuff that i write the most about...
Weight Loss and Fitness
Internet Marketing
Relationship Advice
Parenting
Self Help
Health Issues (like back problems and tinnitus)
Management
Sports
Gardening
Stop Smoking
Pet Training
Christianity
Volunteering
How to Save Money

there is some other stuff but these are the main things. i have had to do some articles on heating and air conditioning systems, doing online background checks, and all kinds of things. strangest ones was about natural breast enhancement. research was tough on that one. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 17:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Thats actually a pretty interesting topic. Chlorine bleach was/is a pretty cost-efficient and effective cleaning product. It was not only used to (industrially) cleaning clothes but also to create white sheets of paper and of course has some use as cleaner in private households. Its pretty deadly though, not only for the flora but also for the fauna.
Greenpeace lobbied hard against it in the 90´s, the EU banned it. That means it cannot be sold within the EU (that means the UK still uses it), however it has some use in closed industrial cleaning circles, mainly to bleach jeans or clean clothes in general.

The european pharmaceutical laws do not allow chlorine bleach in any form during the production of medical equipment. However, like I said before, its eligible as treatment against neurodermatitis.

http://www.americanchemistry.com/s_chlo ... TYPEID=109
http://www.eurochlor.org/mainglossary
http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/onlcourse/ ... ue397.html

PostPosted: Thu 03.18.2010, 17:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
cool. good to know. thanks for pulling that up for me.

i think the threat is overrated. we use it in day cares and nursing homes here and i remember that it was the only approved cleaning product by the state. all surfaces had to be cleaned with a bleach solution. my mother in law is a nurse and told me that house keeping in the hospitals use it to clean up rooms after a patient leaves. wipes down the mattress with it and all other surfaces that the patient would likely have touched.

if you are careful with it you don't have any problems. most people grow up with it in the house to they learn to use it the right way. i just never hear about any problems with it. i've even seen it a lot on the bottom shelves of stores.