FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.30.2015, 22:03

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 116  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri 07.13.2012, 14:35 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 7,309.14
Posts 15696
Location City of Champions
pit.gif
elven wrote:
i think i am going to drink 10 beers tonite. probably i.c. light.


i did it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 14:07 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 133,935.04
Posts 33376
Location where the red furn grows
min.gif
http://www.furthermorebeer.com/

Drank a handful of their beers this weekend - If you want something good and different thats off the beaten path - buy their Knot Stock. You'll likely only want a few of them per sitting but its a damn fine interesting twist.. mild black peppery goodness.

3 seconds after the 1st sip you'll say to yourself, 'self.. what the f' was that?' ... then you'll be on your third and ready for a change.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 14:35 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$ 37,760.00
Posts 14693
Location At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
not going back and reading everything right now, just making a recommendation:

Bell's Amber Ale. Drink it. It will make your mouth happy.


If someone has already suggested it, I don't care. (and that person was right)

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:02 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Wed Jun 1, 2011
Sand$ 3,202.00
Posts 2260
Location Cincinnati
cle.gif
hard 10 wrote:
not going back and reading everything right now, just making a recommendation:

Bell's Amber Ale. Drink it. It will make your mouth happy.

If someone has already suggested it, I don't care. (and that person was right)


I believe my local grocery store has that (They have a pretty good selection of specialty beers for a grocery store) and I will bump it up and try it soon then. I do love me some good Amber beer.

_________________
Senior Writer - FantasySharks.com
Member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 15:10 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$ 32,790.10
Posts 25263
Location Pensacola, where we make HOFers
det.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Had a private tasting of pensacola bay brewery, not bad. I like the porter aged in wiskey barrels.


yeah, we're pretty happy with our little brewery that could. where was this at?

_________________
House of Purgatory Champion - 2014
Image
"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 17:28 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$ 27,357.30
Posts 33737
Location We're opera mad in Camelot
chi.gif
I've lost count, but I think there are something like 16-20 breweries within 10 miles of my house.

The latest is Loveland Aleworks, which is down in Loveland (duh) about 7 miles. They just opened on 7/4. So far, they have several brews.

A decent Saison. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

IPA - VERY good. Finally, an IPA where they didn't just hop the shyt out a pale ale. Very palatable.

American Wheat - nicely done for a genre I do not favor. Must have used a different yeast than usual - does not have that "banana-clove" flavor you get get in most wheats.

English Mild - Had high hopes for this one - a moderately dark colored English ale - but I was very disappointed - it is almost as flavorless as Coors Light.

_________________
How can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 17:28 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 133,935.04
Posts 33376
Location where the red furn grows
min.gif
hard 10 wrote:
not going back and reading everything right now, just making a recommendation:

Bell's Amber Ale. Drink it. It will make your mouth happy.


If someone has already suggested it, I don't care. (and that person was right)
I'll look for it and give it a shot

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 17:38 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 133,935.04
Posts 33376
Location where the red furn grows
min.gif
feral pig wrote:
I've lost count, but I think there are something like 16-20 breweries within 10 miles of my house.

The latest is Loveland Aleworks, which is down in Loveland (duh) about 7 miles. They just opened on 7/4. So far, they have several brews.

A decent Saison. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

IPA - VERY good. Finally, an IPA where they didn't just hop the shyt out a pale ale. Very palatable.


American Wheat - nicely done for a genre I do not favor. Must have used a different yeast than usual - does not have that "banana-clove" flavor you get get in most wheats.

English Mild - Had high hopes for this one - a moderately dark colored English ale - but I was very disappointed - it is almost as flavorless as Coors Light.


sad to hear about that English mild - too much emphasis on mild it sounds. maybe trying to offer something to the lighter beer crowd?..

Surprised to hear about the IPA.. interested in trying it if it ever makes its way out here. I'm the same w/every IPA I've tried. I actually don't even bother trying them anymore.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 18:01 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 133,935.04
Posts 33376
Location where the red furn grows
min.gif
Image

The Big O O'SO Brewing Co. from Plover, WI

been sipin' on a few of these the last hour. As advertised. zippy, crisp tangy and unique.. not quite 'citrusy' but similar in a refreshing manor. Nice for a warm day waiting on pizza.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 18:11 
Online
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$ 27,357.30
Posts 33737
Location We're opera mad in Camelot
chi.gif
birddog wrote:
feral pig wrote:
I've lost count, but I think there are something like 16-20 breweries within 10 miles of my house.

The latest is Loveland Aleworks, which is down in Loveland (duh) about 7 miles. They just opened on 7/4. So far, they have several brews.

A decent Saison. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

IPA - VERY good. Finally, an IPA where they didn't just hop the shyt out a pale ale. Very palatable.


American Wheat - nicely done for a genre I do not favor. Must have used a different yeast than usual - does not have that "banana-clove" flavor you get get in most wheats.

English Mild - Had high hopes for this one - a moderately dark colored English ale - but I was very disappointed - it is almost as flavorless as Coors Light.


sad to hear about that English mild - too much emphasis on mild it sounds. maybe trying to offer something to the lighter beer crowd?..

Surprised to hear about the IPA.. interested in trying it if it ever makes its way out here. I'm the same w/every IPA I've tried. I actually don't even bother trying them anymore.


Might be a while. They are selling to the restaurant next door, but that's the only place other than their tasting room currently available.

Given the quality of their brews, I would give them a 25-30% chance of ever expanding beyond the local market.

I might have said that about New Belgium, though.... I would never have guessed they would be so much more successful than the far better Odell's....

_________________
How can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 21:30 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Sat Aug 18, 2007
Sand$ 34,535.00
Posts 9208
Location Beer City, USA
atl.gif
Working on this right now. Not too bad.

Image

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue 07.31.2012, 08:50 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Sun Aug 30, 2009
Sand$ 8,923.98
Posts 8267
Location Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
Took a tour of the Moonlight Meadery last weekend. Did some samplings (probably far more than we should have), met the owner, and ended up buying/splitting a case with another couple (including a $50 bottle of Utopian that the other couple got). As far as flavor goes, this stuff is intense... far more than wine. I won't make a habit of drinking mead because a bottle costs the same amount as a bottle of wine, but you only get half the volume. It makes for a nice change of pace once in awhile though. Here's a list of their inventory: http://www.moonlightmeadery.com/content/our-meads My personal favorites were "Blossom" and "Stiletto". Yes, the names are a bit cheeky, but whatever, it's marketing. Owner did tell us that some local distributors couldn't carry a few of the names because they considered them a little too "offensive", yet had no problem carrying things like "Fat Bastard Ale". Ridiculous. They're no worse than the stupid perfume names you see in commercials.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue 07.31.2012, 09:47 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$ 7,309.14
Posts 15696
Location City of Champions
pit.gif
i had 2 miller lites after my beer league hockey game last night. the new pop top cans really improve the drinkability.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 08.01.2012, 08:35 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$ 32,790.10
Posts 25263
Location Pensacola, where we make HOFers
det.gif
so does the lack of flavor

_________________
House of Purgatory Champion - 2014
Image
"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed 08.01.2012, 12:41 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Wed Jun 1, 2011
Sand$ 3,202.00
Posts 2260
Location Cincinnati
cle.gif
davidgrey wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
not going back and reading everything right now, just making a recommendation:

Bell's Amber Ale. Drink it. It will make your mouth happy.

If someone has already suggested it, I don't care. (and that person was right)


I believe my local grocery store has that (They have a pretty good selection of specialty beers for a grocery store) and I will bump it up and try it soon then. I do love me some good Amber beer.


It was pretty good. Have had better Ambers (Though I have drank so many different ones, I can barely remember the names of many of them), but lots and lots of worse ones. Worth picking up though.

_________________
Senior Writer - FantasySharks.com
Member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 116  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: birddog, feral pig and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group