FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 05.25.2015, 18:38

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 09:58 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Wed Sep 10, 2003
Sand$ 13,673.26
Posts 32421
buf.gif
i will watch this with healthy skepticism.

_________________
currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 13:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Fri May 19, 2006
Sand$ 13,331.02
Posts 3824
Location Lake Saint Louis, MO
stl.gif
panachevitz wrote:
Not really sure why they need to go back 85 million years. Couldn't they go back several tens of thousands to more familiar settings (plants and animals that we are familiar with)? Competing with T-Rex and his larger and more deadlier cousins seems like a bad idea.


I can't imagine why you would think you can go back in time and create a civilization that you've never heard of before. Basically, you are setting yourself up for certain failure. Either that, or you do succeed, thereby writing yourself out of history... damn time paradoxes.

Also, saw a commercial for this that literally said "Like nothing you've ever seen before" to which I replied to no one in particular, no, this is exactly like something I have seen before. I think they stopped running that add.

probably not watching...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 13:30 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,849.48
Posts 14686
you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment by getting into this show. Stargate meets Jurassic Park? no thanks...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 13:32 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$ 38,638.94
Posts 40865
Location Rock Hill, SC
car.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
you guys are setting yourself up for disappointment by getting into this show. Stargate meets Jurassic Park? no thanks...


It's TV, I don't really get emotionally invested. Just friggin' entertain me.

_________________
34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 13:36 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Sat Aug 21, 2004
Sand$ 37,083.00
Posts 3501
Location BF, WV
pit.gif
First commercial I saw, I thought they were repeating that Dinotopia miniseries.

_________________
Every man has his price. Buy Low. Sell High.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 13:37 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,849.48
Posts 14686
pwbowen wrote:
Just friggin' entertain me.

which is the reason I won't be watching this show.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 14:00 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$ 38,638.94
Posts 40865
Location Rock Hill, SC
car.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Just friggin' entertain me.

which is the reason I won't be watching this show.


I didn't say I'd be watching for long. I have my doubts as to whether I can actually get thru the entire 2 hour pilot. :wink:

_________________
34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 14:53 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,849.48
Posts 14686
pwbowen wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Just friggin' entertain me.

which is the reason I won't be watching this show.


I didn't say I'd be watching for long. I have my doubts as to whether I can actually get thru the entire 2 hour pilot. :wink:


I think that has more to do with your old man bladder than anything else.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 15:04 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$ 38,638.94
Posts 40865
Location Rock Hill, SC
car.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Just friggin' entertain me.

which is the reason I won't be watching this show.


I didn't say I'd be watching for long. I have my doubts as to whether I can actually get thru the entire 2 hour pilot. :wink:


I think that has more to do with your old man bladder than anything else.


Ahhh, it Depends.

_________________
34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 15:16 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$ 15,849.48
Posts 14686
pwbowen wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
Just friggin' entertain me.

which is the reason I won't be watching this show.


I didn't say I'd be watching for long. I have my doubts as to whether I can actually get thru the entire 2 hour pilot. :wink:


I think that has more to do with your old man bladder than anything else.


Ahhh, it Depends.


well played.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 20:35 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$ 21,170.50
Posts 25240
Location Philly
phi.gif
Baron_Fel wrote:
panachevitz wrote:
Not really sure why they need to go back 85 million years. Couldn't they go back several tens of thousands to more familiar settings (plants and animals that we are familiar with)? Competing with T-Rex and his larger and more deadlier cousins seems like a bad idea.


I can't imagine why you would think you can go back in time and create a civilization that you've never heard of before. Basically, you are setting yourself up for certain failure. Either that, or you do succeed, thereby writing yourself out of history... damn time paradoxes.

Also, saw a commercial for this that literally said "Like nothing you've ever seen before" to which I replied to no one in particular, no, this is exactly like something I have seen before. I think they stopped running that add.

probably not watching...

Wonder if they address how they plan on surviving the comet that wipes out the dinosaurs....

_________________
lousylions wrote:
How did you like it in the end Conan?



Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 21:01 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Aug 30, 2007
Sand$ 16,714.50
Posts 8788
Location St Louis
I was entertained.

_________________
It was purgatory.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 21:59 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Thu Oct 19, 2006
Sand$ 9,475.00
Posts 14856
Location North Dakota
gb.gif
tjusmc wrote:
I was entertained.


Its on the DVR... not sure if I want to watch it or not.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 22:06 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Aug 30, 2007
Sand$ 16,714.50
Posts 8788
Location St Louis
und2006 wrote:
tjusmc wrote:
I was entertained.


Its on the DVR... not sure if I want to watch it or not.

Depends on what you would do instead.

Anal with the wife. ... Its not that good of a show.


Anal with the wife and her new strapon..... watch the show.

_________________
It was purgatory.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Terra Nova
PostPosted: Mon 09.26.2011, 22:07 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$ 38,638.94
Posts 40865
Location Rock Hill, SC
car.gif
tjusmc wrote:
I was entertained.


Yep, it wasn't horrible. Interesting, sorta Jurassic Park meets Stargate meets Lost, probably a Goose-like script.

I think I like Survivors more from BBC so far.

_________________
34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group