FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.22.2014, 15:17

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 62  Next
PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 11:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19454
Donate
hou2.gif
10ball wrote:
How the hell could these people sleep at night or even look at themselves in the mirror. You have a child predator in your midst, and you do nothing?

Exactly. Sure, you followed protocol...but come on. First of all, that Grad student who WITNESSED THE ACT decided the best course of action was to...call his dad? Really? How about SAVING THE KID? Or calling 9-1-1 right there? Then Paterno is told by the Grad student what happened...and he just calls the AD? and let's it go? Really? Why didn't Paterno call the police? I'm sorry, he may be not guilty in the eyes of the law...but in the court of public opinion he has lost all credibility.

I encourage anyone who has not read the grand jury report to do so. (I posted it earlier in the thread) There is no defense.

Last edited by LVSharks on Tue 11.08.2011, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 11:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
hou2.gif
jesteva wrote:
My son's a senior at PSU and we were talking last night. This has definitely caused a lot of people including the students to not feel good about being associated with Penn State right now.

This is also one of the many unfortunate side effects of this whole thing. If a school gets dinged for NCAA violations, that is what it is. This effects every student, past, present, and future. Your son worked hard to get into college. He chose Penn State out of many he could have gone to...now is preparing to graduate...and he's feeling shame for being a part of the school. That's just sad. I feel awful for all Penn State alums, current students. This isn't fair to them at all.

Post subject: Re: Penn State Tragedy
PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 11:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8451
Donate
pit.gif
I'm sure I'm missing something but in a workplace environment which this seems to be given the fact that the stories seem to be focusing on someone witnessing an alleged crime and then reporting it up the ladder from a chain of command point of view, no one is commenting on whether the grad student:

a) did anything to intervene and help the young boy when he saw what happening
b) report the matter to the police

I'm not throwing stones at the grad student per se but I'd like to believe if I saw that happening, I'd have confronted Sandusky immediately.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 11:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9273
Donate
pit.gif
jesteva wrote:
I'm sure I'm missing something but in a workplace environment which this seems to be given the fact that the stories seem to be focusing on someone witnessing an alleged crime and then reporting it up the ladder from a chain of command point of view, no one is commenting on whether the grad student:

a) did anything to intervene and help the young boy when he saw what happening
b) report the matter to the police

I'm not throwing stones at the grad student per se but I'd like to believe if I saw that happening, I'd have confronted Sandusky immediately.

the grad student did not do either of these. legally he was not required to do so. morally he was.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 11:53 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
hou2.gif
birddog wrote:
no I haven't. I'll make my way in there and take a look

thnx LV

No problem. I encourge anyone to read it and get a good idea of the events. I will warn you, though...it's extremely graphic and if you have kids you will get pi$$ed off/sickened.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8242
Donate
det.gif
There are reports that Sandusky was on campus last week.
Paterno needs to go, right now.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37040
Donate
pit.gif
LVSharks wrote:
jesteva wrote:
My son's a senior at PSU and we were talking last night. This has definitely caused a lot of people including the students to not feel good about being associated with Penn State right now.

This is also one of the many unfortunate side effects of this whole thing. If a school gets dinged for NCAA violations, that is what it is. This effects every student, past, present, and future. Your son worked hard to get into college. He chose Penn State out of many he could have gone to...now is preparing to graduate...and he's feeling shame for being a part of the school. That's just sad. I feel awful for all Penn State alums, current students. This isn't fair to them at all.

Yepp, sad situation all around. NYT's reporting Paterno won't make the end of the season, that's the reason the press conference was cancelled. Hard to believe he's gonna go out like this, when it looked like Penn State might be able to send him out with a BCS berth.

Guess the speculation's gonna begin now as to who the successor is. Gonna be really interesting to see who they decide to hire, and what they'll be able to do with the program after this disaster.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:33 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 8168
Donate
dal.gif
Reports on Twitter saying Penn State currently planning Paterno's exit.

This needs to happen today.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21503
Donate
cle.gif
I'll be surprised, and I think disappointed, if JoPa is still coach by Saturday gameday.

Long live Scotland

(2-0) Dyno$
(1-1) Uber, HoP, DM, FSNFL, ***P$B, **Wall
(1-3) **College
*=Champs

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21503
Donate
cle.gif
StoneCutter wrote:
Reports on Twitter saying Penn State currently planning Paterno's exit.

This needs to happen today.

Yes. Whomever is the new interm AD I'm sure is having a busy, difficult, day.

Long live Scotland

(2-0) Dyno$
(1-1) Uber, HoP, DM, FSNFL, ***P$B, **Wall
(1-3) **College
*=Champs

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:36 
Moderatorbaiter

Donate
dal.gif
Interesting side story...

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/11/7/2545027/-jerry-sandusky-ray-gricar-prosecutor-1998-penn-state-missing

Quote:
Centre County prosecutor Ray Gricar decided not to prosecute then-Penn St. Nittany Lions DC Jerry Sandusky in 1998 after charges of child molestation were made. He never fully explained his decision.

Seven years later, then-district attorney Gricar went missing. His car was found abandoned in a parking lot and his laptop was found in the Susquehanna River, damaged beyond repair. He was declared dead this past July after a fruitless search never turned up his body.

Now, it is very early in the prosecution of Sandusky and it might be a bit of a leap to assume all of this is connected. The one thing that is true, however, is that Gricar's reasons for choosing not to prosecute will almost never be known.

That's not to say Gricar didn't try to find out everything he could about Sandusky. Gricar was said to have led the investigation into the coach himself and even had a police officer hide in the house of an alleged victim while the mother confronted Sandusky. That confrontation allegedly led to Sandusky's admission that he showered with a child.

There is no proof as to whether or not Gricar ever heard about the 2002 shower incident years later.

Whether Gricar decided to disappear and likely kill himself over the Sandusky allegations or something completely unrelated, we'll probably know. That said, police revealed that Gricar's home computer had saved searches for "how to wreck a hard drive" and "water damage to a notebook computer," meaning that he clearly wanted to make sure something never saw the light of day.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:38 
Moderatorbaiter

Donate
dal.gif
Due to the magnitude of this story, I think it probably warrants moving to General for wider discussion.

I'm merging the two threads and moving it to General.

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 12:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37040
Donate
pit.gif
Hell, it makes me wonder if McQueary rose up Penn State's coaching ladder to stay hush about it. All speculation, but with everything that's come out in the last couple days, it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 13:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8451
Donate
pit.gif
The mother of the boy that the grad student (McQueary) who witnessed one of the incidents came forward today.

Quote:
"I don't even have words to talk about the betrayal that I feel," said the mom of Victim Six. "[McQueary] was a grown man, and he saw a boy being sodomized ... He ran and called his daddy?"

PostPosted: Tue 11.08.2011, 13:33 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
birddog wrote:
jokerswild1130 wrote:
As a 2nd generation PSU alumni...I was horrified and saddened to hear about this. Paterno could and should have done more than just alert the administration. I can't figure out why he said and did nothing when Sandusky was not led out in handcuffs the following week after he met with the AD.
Administration's duties. Don't blame Joepa for doing what is mandated.

Hell, no one even knows whats what yet as all anyone has on this as far as I've heard as late as this morning is a bunch of speculative banter from drama queens at this point. All I'm saying. Its a horrible act if its all true or the severity of it is as terrible as its being reported.. as it is waaaay too many ifs yet.

Its a crazy issue but I find it hilarious people blaming someone else for something another did after said person apparently reported it to his authoritative body.. f'd up

wooohhh...im not going to argue with you over this issue man. It's not debatable. Given what we know right now, that Joepa did nothing more than report it to his superiors AND Joepa knew that this guy was banned from the campus with his childrens football camp. Joepah was OBLIGATED to go to the police. It was a coverup. He is the face and voice and backbone of that place. Do you know that the guy who saw this happen and reported was paid off and rose steadily up the ranks at Penn State? Do not think for ONE minute that Joepa said nothing to the press, nothing to the Police for any other reason than he was protecting the school, just like the Catholic Church protected it's own from scandal.

Any child that was harmed after Joepah knew of the incident is directly on him. Nobody else. He's the power and voice of that school. Ridiculous to say anything other than that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 920 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 62  Next