FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 11.01.2014, 08:20

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 09:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 172
Donate
dal.gif
Quote:
No offense but Mother Theresa is a fraud.

and you know this how?

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 10:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15593
Donate
crockett wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
Off the top of my head would have been T. Jefferson, B. Franklin, or Da Vinci, but I've seen and read enough about them to get a pretty good feel of how the conversation would go. I think my choice would be J. Edgar Hoover.

Interesting choice. Personally, I wouldn't want to spend five minutes in the same room with that power hungry racist ghey bastage.

now you know how we feel.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 10:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11741
Donate
gb.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
crockett wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
Off the top of my head would have been T. Jefferson, B. Franklin, or Da Vinci, but I've seen and read enough about them to get a pretty good feel of how the conversation would go. I think my choice would be J. Edgar Hoover.

Interesting choice. Personally, I wouldn't want to spend five minutes in the same room with that power hungry racist ghey bastage.

now you know how we feel.

I don't know why. I'm none of those things.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 10:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 19588
Donate
atl.gif
I have to caveat this by saying only if the person I talked to had to answer anything & everything truthfully, and actually speak...Ted Kaczynski for instance hasn't really spoken with anyone for years...not even his jail mates like Eric Rudolph who according to what I have read share a facility just a few cells apart.

I'm fascinated with some of the more demented minds in history. Jack the Ripper, The Zodiac Killer, Ted Kaczynski, Manson, Gacy, Dahmer, Bundy, Dennis Rader (BTK), Andrei Chikatilo, Albert Fish.

I'd probably go with Jack the Ripper or the Zodiac Killer as neither were ever caught and no one knows what their true body count was...it was also rumored that Jack the Ripper came to America after his killing spree in London stopped and a slasher appeared here that was never identified.

Or maybe I would just want to talk with Elvis.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 10:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9429
Donate
pit.gif
one of the 3 eight year old boys killed in the famous west memphis 3 case back in 1993. i'd ask them who killed them. thats been bugging me for years.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 10:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Crackhead Bob wrote:
I have to caveat this by saying only if the person I talked to had to answer anything & everything truthfully, and actually speak...Ted Kaczynski for instance hasn't really spoken with anyone for years...not even his jail mates like Eric Rudolph who according to what I have read share a facility just a few cells apart.

I'm fascinated with some of the more demented minds in history. Jack the Ripper, The Zodiac Killer, Ted Kaczynski, Manson, Gacy, Dahmer, Bundy, Dennis Rader (BTK), Andrei Chikatilo, Albert Fish.

I'd probably go with Jack the Ripper or the Zodiac Killer as neither were ever caught and no one knows what their true body count was...it was also rumored that Jack the Ripper came to America after his killing spree in London stopped and a slasher appeared here that was never identified.

I've always been fascinated by serial killers as well...especially Manson. Dahmer goes without saying since he was from right here in Wisconsin, as well as Ed Ghein. I didn't really know hanything about the Zodiac Killer until I saw the movie a couple of years ago, but that whole story creeps me out as well.

Manson would be the one, though. I've got "Helter Skelter" on DVD and have read the book at least twice. I have to admit a bit of fascination with his interpretation of Revelation 9 from The Bible. Not saying I agree with any of it of course, but I can see where a drug-addled mind from the 60s could dream up something like that.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 11:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 19588
Donate
atl.gif
Yeah Manson would be an interesting conversation, but because he has been so verbal over the years I don't know a person could get any more out of him than what he has already been telling everyone for years.

Andrei Chikatilo was a fascinating read and bat shyte crazy to boot. Because it wasn't here in America not many people know who he was, but he was a brutal psychopath. I don;t know that I would want to sit down for 20 minutes with him as the nature of his crimes and what we already know about him pretty much tells us everything we need to know.

The Ripper though...maybe it was the era and the lack of forensic science, but just to know who he was and find out why he did the things he did.

The Zodiac Killer along the same lines....while his body count was nowhere near that of The Ripper he was a brutal killer. Again just to know who he was and why he did the things he did. Also to see if he was actually as smart as investigators make him seem. I wonder if he actually was or if investigators are covering their own arses since they couldn't catch him. Maybe a little of both

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 11:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3045
Donate
nyg.gif
On a serious note whenever I get these questions, who would you meet, eat lunch with and so on my brain races with possibilities of geniuses and heroes and world changers. Gun to my head I'd pick Dr. MLK. However, after a while I can't help but answering something less predictable.

What about the not so famous hero? The single mom or dad who raises 4 kids without a single complaint on near impossible budget, the combat veteran who comes back home missing a limb but found a way back into society, that medical patient who doctors said would never make it but is doing better than ever, or any person who went from not even having a pot to piss in to being in a great situation.

Cheesy and sappy I know but it is what I think. That is why when I get the chance, I speak to people wherever I go and enjoy hearing their story. For example, my neighbor is from Cuba who came over to the US on a Regan green card. While is Cuba he was a political journalist. He wrote articles speaking out against the government because he did not agree with what was going on. As a result, he was stripped of his job, his wife was stripped of her job and he was thrown in prison for years. He eventually came to the US and had kids. He has some family back in Cuba that he keeps in contact with. I can't help but think, what a bad azz motha. Standing up for the injustice being done to a country and not giving a f. He said he was aware of the possible consequences to his actions. He is always friendly and positive and treats his wife the gold. What put's it over the top, he has handicap sticker on his car and refuses to park in the handicap parking spot.

Cool thing is, interesting people are all around us that can be found without turning on the TV.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 11:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15593
Donate
giant-eer wrote:
On a serious note whenever I get these questions, who would you meet, eat lunch with and so on my brain races with possibilities of geniuses and heroes and world changers. Gun to my head I'd pick Dr. MLK. However, after a while I can't help but answering something less predictable.

What about the not so famous hero? The single mom or dad who raises 4 kids without a single complaint on near impossible budget, the combat veteran who comes back home missing a limb but found a way back into society, that medical patient who doctors said would never make it but is doing better than ever, or any person who went from not even having a pot to piss in to being in a great situation.

Cheesy and sappy I know but it is what I think. That is why when I get the chance, I speak to people wherever I go and enjoy hearing their story. For example, my neighbor is from Cuba who came over to the US on a Regan green card. While is Cuba he was a political journalist. He wrote articles speaking out against the government because he did not agree with what was going on. As a result, he was stripped of his job, his wife was stripped of her job and he was thrown in prison for years. He eventually came to the US and had kids. He has some family back in Cuba that he keeps in contact with. I can't help but think, what a bad azz motha. Standing up for the injustice being done to a country and not giving a f. He said he was aware of the possible consequences to his actions. He is always friendly and positive and treats his wife the gold. What put's it over the top, he has handicap sticker on his car and refuses to park in the handicap parking spot.

Cool thing is, interesting people are all around us that can be found without turning on the TV.

true dat.

EDIT: MLK was what led me to think of J. Edgar, because he supposedly had a lot of stuff on him and I'd like to see what it was.

Last edited by SonOfDad on Sat 02.25.2012, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 11:18 
Moderatorbaiter

Sand$: 8434
Donate
dal.gif
DropkickFluties wrote:
If the conversation took place in such a way that it could affect the future....

Either Klara Hitler before she turned 28, or CleffedUp.

/thread

PostPosted: Sat 02.25.2012, 14:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13926
Donate
atl.gif
Crackhead Bob wrote:

I'm fascinated by America's first known serial killer. H.H. Holmes. I think that's who you are referring to, but I'm not sure I believe he was Jack the Ripper. I do think this read is interesting trying to connect the two:

http://voices.yahoo.com/jack-ripper-h-h ... 06210.html

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 01:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9234
Donate
cle.gif
Griffimo wrote:
I'm sticking with my dog. I would love to know what runs through that fool head of his.

=D> excellent

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 07:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25526
Donate
Fighting Amish wrote:
Griffimo wrote:
I'm sticking with my dog. I would love to know what runs through that fool head of his.

=D> excellent

Unfortunately we had to put him down on Friday due to cancer. He was the first dog my wife and I had together. He was 13 year old black lab. And two of his last acts were trying to bite the top of my head while trying to get him in the car and pooping in the middle of the road on the walk to the vet's office (had to walk him there cause he wouldn't get in the car) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 10:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35310
Donate
mia.gif
Griffimo wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

=D> excellent

Unfortunately we had to put him down on Friday due to cancer. He was the first dog my wife and I had together. He was 13 year old black lab. And two of his last acts were trying to bite the top of my head while trying to get him in the car and pooping in the middle of the road on the walk to the vet's office (had to walk him there cause he wouldn't get in the car) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sorry to hear that. I recently had to put my Lab/Shepherd mix down, and I swear it's like they know where you're taking them, and why. Any other time he'd be happy to go for a ride, but I had to fight him.

PostPosted: Sun 02.26.2012, 10:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Been there too Griff, and it sucks. Keep in mind his younger days when he was playful and brimming with energy. You'll know when it's time to get another dog.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next