FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 12.20.2014, 02:18

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Fri 03.02.2012, 20:29 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.30.2002, 19:43
Posts: 24735
Sand$: 14140
Donate
Location: Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
Midwest is getting destroyed with 76 reported tornadoes. Looks like the southeast is going to get rocked pretty hard too. Hope any shark within the remote area of any of these storms is all right. Lots of missing and deaths already being reported all over.

Video: https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs- ... fcb3b778e4

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Fri 03.02.2012, 21:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.10.2008, 07:59
Posts: 6697
Sand$: 12732
Donate
Location: Omaha, Ne
den.gif
CBob posted on Facebook he's in Ohio and it's going on all around, I'm hoping he ok.

_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Fri 03.02.2012, 21:39 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.18.2007, 09:53
Posts: 7063
Sand$: 25065
Donate
Location: Beer City, USA
atl.gif
"We're there!"


_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Fri 03.02.2012, 22:57 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.30.2002, 19:43
Posts: 24735
Sand$: 14140
Donate
Location: Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Fri 03.02.2012, 23:41 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 07.29.2010, 21:00
Posts: 2088
Sand$: 3123
Donate
Location: Dirty Jersey
nyg.gif
It looks like Dirk is cheering on the Tornadoes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Sat 03.03.2012, 12:54 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 10:44
Posts: 15151
Sand$: 9575
Donate
Location: City of Champions
pit.gif
keep ur head down bamafan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 07:47 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.30.2006, 15:53
Posts: 22907
Sand$: 25178
Donate
Location: Pensacola, where we make HOFers
det.gif
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 13:53 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 06.01.2011, 08:22
Posts: 2260
Sand$: 3202
Donate
Location: Cincinnati
cle.gif
We were lucky that it went around Cincinnati for the most part, but we were sent home early from work Friday to make sure everyone could get home safely. Pretty much all you heard was storm news and it was crazy at all the tornado warnings, touchdowns, etc. You heard all sorts of huge falling debris all over the area and people in Ohio finding papers from other states in their yards etc.

Just crazy and my thoughts and prayers go out to all those that lost someone or something to these crazy storms.

_________________
Senior Writer - FantasySharks.com
Member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 19:57 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11.16.2006, 16:35
Posts: 9147
Sand$: 18856
Donate
Location: Cumming GA..yeah I said Cumming
atl.gif
Yeah I survived my first trip to Cincy. The worst part about the storms, which I am used to living in MS was the news people reporting two seperate confirmed tornadoes on the ground. One ripping through such and such county and another ripping through some other county just south of it.

News guys kept saying shyte like "If you are in the (Insert Community Name Here) community you need to be in your safe place! Get in the basement or interior room now! The tornado is on top of you right now" If you are in such & such community you are in the direct path of the storm! Take cover now!"

Of course I was 700 miles from knowing where the fock I was so I had no idea if I needed to take shelter or go to the hotel bar. I ended up at the bar.

Cincinnatti is actually a beautiful area. Not what I expected at all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Mon 03.05.2012, 21:03 
Offline
Moderatorbaiter
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.10.2005, 07:33
Posts: 24060
Sand$: 9246
Donate
Location: Aggieland
dal.gif
Crackhead Bob wrote:
Yeah I survived my first trip to Cincy. The worst part about the storms, which I am used to living in MS was the news people reporting two seperate confirmed tornadoes on the ground. One ripping through such and such county and another ripping through some other county just south of it.

News guys kept saying shyte like "If you are in the (Insert Community Name Here) community you need to be in your safe place! Get in the basement or interior room now! The tornado is on top of you right now" If you are in such & such community you are in the direct path of the storm! Take cover now!"

Of course I was 700 miles from knowing where the fock I was so I had no idea if I needed to take shelter or go to the hotel bar. I ended up at the bar.

Cincinnatti is actually a beautiful area. Not what I expected at all



Love that. Reminds me of a trip I had in Huntsville, AL. Middle of the night two tornadoes ripped through and passed a mile north and south of the hotel. The guy I was traveling with called me to tell me tornadoes were hitting. I asked if they were coming at us and he didn't know. I ended up just going back to sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Tue 03.06.2012, 10:51 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 06.01.2011, 08:22
Posts: 2260
Sand$: 3202
Donate
Location: Cincinnati
cle.gif
Crackhead Bob wrote:
Cincinnatti is actually a beautiful area. Not what I expected at all


Glad to hear you survived your trip. I felt the same way when I moved here 20 years ago for school and never left. Get that reaction a lot. There are times you are like driving through a forest and then 5 minutes later you are in downtown. We have a little of everything and some great views of downtown from all over as everywhere is up from downtown.

_________________
Senior Writer - FantasySharks.com
Member of the Fantasy Sports Writers Association


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Tue 03.06.2012, 21:39 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11.16.2006, 16:35
Posts: 9147
Sand$: 18856
Donate
Location: Cumming GA..yeah I said Cumming
atl.gif
davidgrey wrote:
Crackhead Bob wrote:
Cincinnatti is actually a beautiful area. Not what I expected at all


Glad to hear you survived your trip. I felt the same way when I moved here 20 years ago for school and never left. Get that reaction a lot. There are times you are like driving through a forest and then 5 minutes later you are in downtown. We have a little of everything and some great views of downtown from all over as everywhere is up from downtown.


It was the drive into town northbound on 71. You're driving up a hill, down a hill, up a hill, down a hill, and all of a sudden you round a big turn and there's the river and the city. My first thought was wow this is not what I expected at all.

Everywhere I went...which granted wasn't that many places...but everywhere I went was clean and seemed safe. I've been to some towns and wouldn't leave the hotel cause I felt like I might get shot at. Not so here. Everywhere I stopped I started a conversation with someone that was really friendly and had something to say about my southern accent. Always good. They may have been thinking stupid hick, but no one ever said it to me so I'll take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 09:26 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 10:44
Posts: 15151
Sand$: 9575
Donate
Location: City of Champions
pit.gif
Crackhead Bob wrote:
davidgrey wrote:
Crackhead Bob wrote:
Cincinnatti is actually a beautiful area. Not what I expected at all


Glad to hear you survived your trip. I felt the same way when I moved here 20 years ago for school and never left. Get that reaction a lot. There are times you are like driving through a forest and then 5 minutes later you are in downtown. We have a little of everything and some great views of downtown from all over as everywhere is up from downtown.


It was the drive into town northbound on 71. You're driving up a hill, down a hill, up a hill, down a hill, and all of a sudden you round a big turn and there's the river and the city. My first thought was wow this is not what I expected at all.

Everywhere I went...which granted wasn't that many places...but everywhere I went was clean and seemed safe. I've been to some towns and wouldn't leave the hotel cause I felt like I might get shot at. Not so here. Everywhere I stopped I started a conversation with someone that was really friendly and had something to say about my southern accent. Always good. They may have been thinking stupid hick, but no one ever said it to me so I'll take it.


how many of their womens did you impregnate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 12:00 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 05.31.2004, 04:01
Posts: 14574
Sand$: 15669
Donate
Crackhead Bob wrote:
It was the drive into town northbound on 71. You're driving up a hill, down a hill, up a hill, down a hill, and all of a sudden you round a big turn and there's the river and the city. My first thought was wow this is not what I expected at all.

Back in the 90's, I lived with my cousin Wiley in Cincy. While there, I ended up getting on the bad side of the local high school hockey players. After weeks of run-ins and trouble we ended up coming together to race against the Central High School Rivals in a rollerblading competition down Devil's Backbone. It took some resourcefulness on my part, but I ended up winning the race. I guess you could say I went Airborne.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tornado Outbreak
PostPosted: Wed 03.07.2012, 14:00 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11.16.2006, 16:35
Posts: 9147
Sand$: 18856
Donate
Location: Cumming GA..yeah I said Cumming
atl.gif
elven wrote:
Crackhead Bob wrote:
davidgrey wrote:
Crackhead Bob wrote:
Cincinnatti is actually a beautiful area. Not what I expected at all


Glad to hear you survived your trip. I felt the same way when I moved here 20 years ago for school and never left. Get that reaction a lot. There are times you are like driving through a forest and then 5 minutes later you are in downtown. We have a little of everything and some great views of downtown from all over as everywhere is up from downtown.


It was the drive into town northbound on 71. You're driving up a hill, down a hill, up a hill, down a hill, and all of a sudden you round a big turn and there's the river and the city. My first thought was wow this is not what I expected at all.

Everywhere I went...which granted wasn't that many places...but everywhere I went was clean and seemed safe. I've been to some towns and wouldn't leave the hotel cause I felt like I might get shot at. Not so here. Everywhere I stopped I started a conversation with someone that was really friendly and had something to say about my southern accent. Always good. They may have been thinking stupid hick, but no one ever said it to me so I'll take it.


how many of their womens did you impregnate?


lets just say the local hospitals will be very busy over the Thanksgiving holidays


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group