FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.02.2014, 03:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 12:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18529
Donate
was.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
DaKlute wrote:
bluemist wrote:
I believe that Geraldo's point has been fairly clearly stated here already. First perceptions are real,albeit rarely an accurate way to assess anyone. He urged parents of black/hispanic kids to reject "gangsta" fashion for their children. Seems clear cut that "dress for success" never goes away.

And put me down as another in the "Geraldo is a tool" camp.

that makes no sense.

except for the tool part.

Because people don't make initial impressions based on attire? I didn't realize flip flops and a wife beater or a suit didn't matter in a job interview.

I say we do a test: let's dress Geraldo in a yamica and the proper Jewish attire drop him off in the middle of an angry mob in Iran or a bedsheet and pillow case and drop him in south central LA.

That's the second time this sort of thing has been mentioned. I don't agree that a kid walking home from the store through his neighborhood wearing a hoodie equates to dressing like the KKK (a symbol for fear, hate, and intolerance) in a black neighborhood.

Where did I say that? I simply said that attire is important in initial impressions. Let's not oversimply it and go "anything not at ______ level is wrong". If my kid goes to a job interview in a t-shirt there's a different initial judgement than if he goes in a nice polo shirt. That's life, whether we like it or not.

As to this case, no I don't see a hoodie as some great menacing threat. I think Zimmerman is an azzhat and is responsible at the minimum probably to a manslaughter charge but I also don't think he broke his own nose to cover anything up.

Besides, I still want to run this test scenario with Geraldo. I think we'd all enjoy the results.

Is it progress that we're judged by the content of our wardrobe instead of the color of our skin?

who is arguing with you that attire helps feed an initial impression?

the point is, you don't get to follow people and then shoot them b/c of what they are wearing.

or, do you disagree w/that too?

On 10/3/08 Huckleberry wrote:

Something we can agree on DaKlute.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 12:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7783
Donate
jax.gif
Who's right.. wrong..who cares... Jesse Jackson gets to come to FL for Spring Break and get his freak on! \:D/ ..uh I mean protest.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 12:48 

Sand$: 3649
Donate
hou.gif
Anyone who's saying that a kid wearing a hoodie to keep warm on a brisk February evening is begging to get murdered is a moron. What the hell is wrong with you dopes?

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 12:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9301
Donate
pit.gif
its called victim blaming and it happens all the time.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7955
Donate
It appears that Trayvon Martin was not the fine upstanding young man he has been made out to be by Jesse Jackson and the Reverend Sharpton. He has suspended and expelled from school, caught with marijuana and drug paraphernalia, a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of woman's jewelry, among other things. According to the shooter, he was punched and had his head slammed against the concrete before he shot Martin. Zimmerman's injuries appear to corroborate the story. The kid's history doesn't exonerate Zimmerman but the picture of what took place is starting to emerge and is a lot different than what is being portrayed in the media, that of a young man with skittles in his pocket skipping home from the 7-11. The kid may have been doing nothing wrong, regardless of what he was wearing, and Zimmerman approached him after being told not too by the police dispatcher is still wrong.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
oh, well in that case he deserved it. glad he's dead.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
elven wrote:

That is not what I said. In fact I said the opposite actually. After Zimmerman was told not to approach the kid, he did anyway, perhaps. We don't know. We don't know how they ended up in a scuffle. I would bet it's likely that Barney Fife took matters into his own hands but that remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7783
Donate
jax.gif
Black Dog wrote:
It appears that Trayvon Martin was not the fine upstanding young man he has been made out to be by Jesse Jackson and the Reverend Sharpton. He has suspended and expelled from school, caught with marijuana and drug paraphernalia, a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of woman's jewelry, among other things. According to the shooter, he was punched and had his head slammed against the concrete before he shot Martin. Zimmerman's injuries appear to corroborate the story. The kid's history doesn't exonerate Zimmerman but the picture of what took place is starting to emerge and is a lot different than what is being portrayed in the media, that of a young man with skittles in his pocket skipping home from the 7-11. The kid may have been doing nothing wrong, regardless of what he was wearing, and Zimmerman approached him after being told not too by the police dispatcher is still wrong.

Come on man, I am trying to sell my Trayvon shirts on ebay.. quit posting this white devil propoganda.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
hankrip wrote:
Black Dog wrote:

Come on man, I am trying to sell my Trayvon shirts on ebay.. quit posting this white devil propoganda.

Be careful. His mother is trademarking his name and several phrases and may end up suing you for infringement.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18529
Donate
was.gif
Black Dog wrote:

so whats your point?

On 10/3/08 Huckleberry wrote:

Something we can agree on DaKlute.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 12762
Donate
buf.gif
i missed our local rally yesterday. they picked a fine day to all wear hoodies...it only got to 45.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Black Dog wrote:
elven wrote:

That is not what I said.

right. you brought up a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter in some strange attempt to muddy the waters of this incident. some dude picked a fight, got beat up, and shot the kid. you can't do that. thats about all that is important.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:
i missed our local rally yesterday. they picked a fine day to all wear hoodies...it only got to 45.

they had one here too. not quite sure who their target audience was. :?

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 13:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 12762
Donate
buf.gif
what was funny was they were all holding tea and skittles. lol. i was like they needed to find these guys.

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 14:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
my jaw aches if i eat too many skittles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next