Possible auroras..

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,503.24
For those of you interested, there was a huge X-class solar flare yesterday. Possible northern lights at lower latitudes the next couple days.

http://spaceweather.com/

GEOMAGNETIC STORM UPDATE: A CME propelled toward Earth by this morning's X5-class solar flare is expected to reach our planet on March 8th at 0625 UT (+/- 7 hr). Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, who prepared the CME's forecast track, say the impact could spark a strong-to-severe geomagnetic storm. Sky watchers at all latitudes should be alert for auroras. Aurora alerts: text, phone.

What about beans?
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,119.36
does that mean I'll finally get my mutant powers?
Supreme Megalodon
SonOfDad wrote:does that mean I'll finally get my mutant powers?

Possibly.

What about beans?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 10,051.80

"When it comes to the Browns, hope is a dangerous thing." - Red
“However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”
~Winston Churchill
Supreme Megalodon
Fighting Amish wrote:
especially if they troll someone else's conversation for purely provocation and amusement.. :lol: :lol:

There are people on here that I disagree with, but respect. You are a worthless piece of cr@p.

What about beans?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 10,051.80
feral pig wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:
especially if they troll someone else's conversation for purely provocation and amusement.. :lol: :lol:

There are people on here that I disagree with, but respect. You are a worthless piece of cr@p.

guilty as ch@rged.. =; ..i couldn't help poking a little fun at your....sensitivities and irritable bowel syndrome..

I'd suggest you lighten up Francine, the tightness in your undies is shutting off the supply to your
Medull@ oblongat@..just sayin, not healthy. Now, im not going to be able to sleep at night, th@nks.

To assess whether the airborne fraction is indeed increasing, Wolfgang Knorr of the Department of Earth Sciences at the University of Bristol reanalyzed available atmospheric carbon dioxide and emissions data since 1850 and considers the uncertainties in the data.

In contradiction to some recent studies, he finds that the airborne fraction of carbon dioxide has not increased either during the past 150 years or during the most recent five decades.

The research is published in Geophysical Research Letters.

And, btw..CO2 accounted for 0.04% of the atmosphere in 1860 and 0.04% today, sooooo.. CO2 isn't a cause of warming - at least not now, and not over the last 150 years, as your hysterics claim. And despite the predictions of climate-carbon cycle models, no trends in the airborne fraction can be found. Information is a good thing, you really shouldn't be scared.
Last edited by Fighting Amish on Wed 03.07.2012, 14:54, edited 2 times in total.

"When it comes to the Browns, hope is a dangerous thing." - Red
“However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”
~Winston Churchill
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,480.00
feral pig wrote:For those of you interested, there was a huge X-class solar flare yesterday. Possible northern lights at lower latitudes the next couple days.

http://spaceweather.com/

GEOMAGNETIC STORM UPDATE: A CME propelled toward Earth by this morning's X5-class solar flare is expected to reach our planet on March 8th at 0625 UT (+/- 7 hr). Analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, who prepared the CME's forecast track, say the impact could spark a strong-to-severe geomagnetic storm. Sky watchers at all latitudes should be alert for auroras. Aurora alerts: text, phone.

Thank's Feral Pig, I enjoy this stuff.
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,711.83
possible areolas?

\:D/
Supreme Megalodon
elven wrote:possible areolas?

For you, doubtful.

What about beans?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 3,932.04
elven wrote:possible areolas?

Yes, but with hair bumps!

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 8,988.53
I doubt they'll be visible here in N.GA...but will look anyway.

OAK 34 PIT 31
Supreme Megalodon
Blzbba wrote:I doubt they'll be visible here in N.GA...but will look anyway.

That's pretty far south....

I've only seen them 3 times. first time was riding my bike back home in the Chicago area about 12:30am after a closing shift at McDonald's. 2nd was on an Alaska cruise - it was pretty impressive. 3rd was at my mother in law's cabin in Northern Wisconsin, where if you turn the lights off, the sky is incredible. The Milky Way isn't just a faint band - it's clearly obvious.

Auroras are occaisionally observed pretty far south, but Georgia would be pushing it.

What about beans?
Megalodon
feral pig wrote:

I've only seen them 3 times. first time was riding my bike back home in the Chicago area about 12:30am after a closing shift at McDonald's. 2nd was on an Alaska cruise - it was pretty impressive. 3rd was at my mother in law's cabin in Northern Wisconsin, where if you turn the lights off, the sky is incredible. The Milky Way isn't just a faint band - it's clearly obvious.

Auroras are occaisionally observed pretty far south, but Georgia would be pushing it.

Southern Mississippi. No mutant powers for me. :(
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,214.76
SonOfDad wrote:
feral pig wrote:

Go catch a flight to Canada immediately :wink:

ImageImageImage
Megalodon
OilersNut wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
feral pig wrote:

Go catch a flight to Canada immediately :wink:

I'll take my chances here. They might force me to join Alpha Flight.