Odd food combinations

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2372
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006
Sand$: 6,195.00
Sharks,

Just thought I would chime in while i indulge in one of my all time favorite albeit odd food combos...

Sharp cheddar cheese slices + A1 sauce = omfg awesome.


A thing my wife does sometimes is takes Nacho Cheese Doritos, sprinkles lemon juice on it, nukes it for like 20 sec.


What do you guys do/have done that is kind of odd, but is so dam good?

Detroitblue
_______________________________________

[color=#0040FF]Commish - StinkinBadgers League[/color]
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34588
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006
Sand$: 113,255.86
Peanut Butter & Bacon sandwich is freakin' awesome!

Doesn't sound like a good combo, but it is. :thumbright:

EDIT: Bacon must be crispy
Last edited by SnakeStabler on Sun 04.01.2012, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

Image
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16755
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 36,894.58
I had an obese uncle who enjoyed a piece of bread, buttered, sprinkled with sugar and folded in half. My Mom has been known to snack on buttered saltines with a few drops of Tabasco on top. Both were edible when I was hungry.

I had a cousin who put coke-a-cola on his cornflakes :pukeright:

I enjoy plain yogurt on microwaved potatoes with a little salt and pepper no butter, my wife thinks it's gross (she's never tried it).

When I was bachelor I would get one of those dollar frozen pizzas, throw on a can of chili, sprinkle with cheese, load up with jalapenos and then bake it. I would also add a can of cream of mushroom soup to two packages of ramen noodles.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8155
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$: 12,396.59
Next time you have vanilla ice cream and discover that you're out of chocolate syrup, try using pancake syrup instead. REAL maple syrup is the best, but in a pinch or to save money plain old run of the mill pancake syrup will do. My late grandmother turned me on to this as a child and many years ago when I met my wife I told her about it. She thought it sounded gross...and then she tried it. Holy cow you'd have thought I gave this woman her first orgasm. Yeah...it's THAT good.
_______________________________________

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1091
Joined: Wed Jun 6, 2007
Sand$: 5,231.16
SnakeStabler wrote:Peanut Butter & Bacon sandwich is freakin' awesome!

Doesn't sound like a good combo, but it is. :thumbright:

EDIT: Bacon must be crispy


I use to work at a restaruant and when the boss wanted me to work a breakfast shift, he would intice me with a PB&B sandwich. Freakin' awesome is right.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43903
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,924.34
625james wrote:I had an obese uncle who enjoyed a piece of bread, buttered, sprinkled with sugar and folded in half. My Mom has been known to snack on buttered saltines with a few drops of Tabasco on top. Both were edible when I was hungry.

I had a cousin who put coke-a-cola on his cornflakes :pukeright:

I enjoy plain yogurt on microwaved potatoes with a little salt and pepper no butter, my wife thinks it's gross (she's never tried it).

When I was bachelor I would get one of those dollar frozen pizzas, throw on a can of chili, sprinkle with cheese, load up with jalapenos and then bake it. I would also add a can of cream of mushroom soup to two packages of ramen noodles.


I use plain yogurt as a sour cream substitute on a baked potato. Good stuff.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 50061
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 103,839.66
Anytime you're looking at two ingredients - one salty, one sweet - it probably goes well together. So do it.
_______________________________________

Follow me @mchamberlin32
Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 24491
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,210.32
OarChambo wrote:Anytime you're looking at two ingredients - one salty, one sweet - it probably goes well together. So do it.


Yeah, my wife and her family like salt on watermelon. I always assumed it was an East Texas thing, but I see more and more people doing it.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007
Sand$: 21,236.86
A girl I used to hang out with in college, mixed mayo and ketchup, and dipped her potato chips in it. It could just be basic ranch dressing for all I know, but I always thought it was a weird thing to do. Butter on saltines is awesome though.
_______________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImage

pwbowen wrote:I apologize for being the wet fart.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14593
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002
Sand$: 64,417.50
flipper wrote:A girl I used to hang out with in college, mixed mayo and ketchup, and dipped her potato chips in it. It could just be basic ranch dressing for all I know, but I always thought it was a weird thing to do. Butter on saltines is awesome though.

Mayo and ketchup = basic ingredients for fry sauce.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007
Sand$: 21,236.86
had to google "fry sauce", never heard of it...
_______________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImage

pwbowen wrote:I apologize for being the wet fart.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16755
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 36,894.58
crockett wrote:Next time you have vanilla ice cream and discover that you're out of chocolate syrup, try using pancake syrup instead. REAL maple syrup is the best, but in a pinch or to save money plain old run of the mill pancake syrup will do. My late grandmother turned me on to this as a child and many years ago when I met my wife I told her about it. She thought it sounded gross...and then she tried it. Holy cow you'd have thought I gave this woman her first orgasm. Yeah...it's THAT good.


The most awesome thing on vanilla ice cream is Whiskey ! Try it even if you aren't normally a drinker. I had made some homemade ice cream for my Dad on his birthday and was horrified to see one of his friends pour a shot of Knob Creek over the top until I tried it. YUM!
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16755
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 36,894.58
Elmagister wrote:
625james wrote:I had an obese uncle who enjoyed a piece of bread, buttered, sprinkled with sugar and folded in half. My Mom has been known to snack on buttered saltines with a few drops of Tabasco on top. Both were edible when I was hungry.

I had a cousin who put coke-a-cola on his cornflakes :pukeright:

I enjoy plain yogurt on microwaved potatoes with a little salt and pepper no butter, my wife thinks it's gross (she's never tried it).

When I was bachelor I would get one of those dollar frozen pizzas, throw on a can of chili, sprinkle with cheese, load up with jalapenos and then bake it. I would also add a can of cream of mushroom soup to two packages of ramen noodles.


I use plain yogurt as a sour cream substitute on a baked potato. Good stuff.


It works well on tacos and burritos also.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
Moderatorbaiter
Posts: 24491
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005
Sand$: 6,210.32
625james wrote:
crockett wrote:Next time you have vanilla ice cream and discover that you're out of chocolate syrup, try using pancake syrup instead. REAL maple syrup is the best, but in a pinch or to save money plain old run of the mill pancake syrup will do. My late grandmother turned me on to this as a child and many years ago when I met my wife I told her about it. She thought it sounded gross...and then she tried it. Holy cow you'd have thought I gave this woman her first orgasm. Yeah...it's THAT good.


The most awesome thing on vanilla ice cream is Whiskey ! Try it even if you aren't normally a drinker. I had made some homemade ice cream for my Dad on his birthday and was horrified to see one of his friends pour a shot of Knob Creek over the top until I tried it. YUM!



Also try a really dark rum. I love Blue Bell vanilla with Ron Anejo Pampero Aniversario.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1338
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007
Sand$: 3,480.00
Macaroni & cheese mixed with Pork & beans

Though it was weird until I tried it....pretty good.

also, pineapple chunks are good in baked beans.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests