User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
derr derrrrrr SO WUT!

It might seem that in the United States, being pulled over for driving without a seat belt should not end with the government ordering you to take off your clothes and "lift your genitals." But there is no guarantee that this is the case -- not since the Supreme Court ruled this week that the Constitution does not prohibit the government from strip searching people charged with even minor offenses. The court's 5-4 ruling turns a deeply humiliating procedure -- one most Americans would very much like to avoid -- into a routine law enforcement tactic....

http://news.yahoo.com/strip-searches-supreme-courts-disturbing-decision-101205560.html


Meh, this is just a con vs lib issue. lol.
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16250
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 35,107.54
That ruling was for people being processed into a jail facility, cops don't have the right to ask somebody to spread their cheeks by the roadside.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=329576
10th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16241
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005
Sand$: 23,836.26
it seems it is no longer..."if you have nothing to hide" ...and more so now..."where you hide it"

The long arm of the law, penetrating our lives.
_______________________________________

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)


Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4332
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003
Sand$: 119.66
This is the diversionary crap we are subjected to in the name of news. No one is going to strip search you on the roadside for chrissake.
_______________________________________

CleffedUp wrote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of looks to realize it was a pumpkin puking into a toilet.

(2003) - R.I.P.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37147
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004
Sand$: 8,988.53
MadLove wrote:derr derrrrrr SO WUT!

It might seem that in the United States, being pulled over for driving without a seat belt should not end with the government ordering you to take off your clothes and "lift your genitals." But there is no guarantee that this is the case -- not since the Supreme Court ruled this week that the Constitution does not prohibit the government from strip searching people charged with even minor offenses. The court's 5-4 ruling turns a deeply humiliating procedure -- one most Americans would very much like to avoid -- into a routine law enforcement tactic....

http://news.yahoo.com/strip-searches-supreme-courts-disturbing-decision-101205560.html


Meh, this is just a con vs lib issue. lol.


A few of the conned-servative justices on the SCOTUS absolutely hate the US Constitution. It's the only explanation for this and the dismal 'Citizens United' ruling of a few years ago.

boy, do they have their sycophants fooled.
_______________________________________

OAK 34 PIT 31
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
Puking Dog wrote:This is the diversionary crap we are subjected to in the name of news. No one is going to strip search you on the roadside for chrissake.


It may or may not happen. Point is, the ruling to allow LE to do so has been made.

625james wrote:That ruling was for people being processed into a jail facility, cops don't have the right to ask somebody to spread their cheeks by the roadside.


Yes, they do now.
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011
Sand$: 964.00
MadLove wrote:
Puking Dog wrote:This is the diversionary crap we are subjected to in the name of news. No one is going to strip search you on the roadside for chrissake.


It may or may not happen. Point is, the ruling to allow LE to do so has been made.

625james wrote:That ruling was for people being processed into a jail facility, cops don't have the right to ask somebody to spread their cheeks by the roadside.


Yes, they do now.

then this is going to happen
NSFW
_______________________________________

elven wrote:i fully support name-calling and profanity in general.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33833
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$: 27,503.24
MadLove wrote:
Puking Dog wrote:This is the diversionary crap we are subjected to in the name of news. No one is going to strip search you on the roadside for chrissake.


It may or may not happen. Point is, the ruling to allow LE to do so has been made.

625james wrote:That ruling was for people being processed into a jail facility, cops don't have the right to ask somebody to spread their cheeks by the roadside.


Yes, they do now.


No, they do not. The ruing applies only for people being booked into a jail.
_______________________________________

What about beans?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14865
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,119.36
PRECEDENT!!!!!!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
feral pig wrote:
MadLove wrote:
Puking Dog wrote:This is the diversionary crap we are subjected to in the name of news. No one is going to strip search you on the roadside for chrissake.


It may or may not happen. Point is, the ruling to allow LE to do so has been made.

625james wrote:That ruling was for people being processed into a jail facility, cops don't have the right to ask somebody to spread their cheeks by the roadside.


Yes, they do now.


No, they do not. The ruing applies only for people being booked into a jail.


I stand corrected. But it's still highly f'ed up. A police state doesn't happen over night - it develops slowly. The writing has been on the wall for awhile now.
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33833
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$: 27,503.24
I'm not so sure about it being f'ed up. If you were arrested for something and placed in a jail with a bunch of other guys, would you prefer that they had all been stripped searched or not?
_______________________________________

What about beans?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
heck no I don't want them strip searched! how else am I gonna get my crack/meth fix when i'm doing hard time in the pen?

apparently, citizens may be labeled "domestic terrorists" for speaking out against large government... or taxes... or for suggesting that the u.s. went bankrupt when it went off the gold standard in 1933. well... it's a good thing I follow the program. :salute:
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36186
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,411.98
yes because anybody thats ever been booked into jail on a traffic offense has a shank and an 8-ball shoved up their arse.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
birddog wrote:yes because anybody thats ever been booked into jail on a traffic offense has a shank and an 8-ball shoved up their arse.


you need to get with the program. and no sarcasm allowed.
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36186
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,411.98
sorry couldn't help it. no one should mock the brilliance of law makers.

and don't spit on the sidewalk .. especially if you have an outstanding parking ticket. They'll make you tea bag 'em until you pay the $15.

*cough please*

wait.. that was more sarcasm, pardon.

please pay your taxes.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: prplhz14 and 1 guest