Great White Shark
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004
Sand$: 8,214.38
feral pig wrote:Saying that drugs and/or weapons will still find a way into a jail/prison setting is a complete red herring.

The statement itself is unfortunately true.

That does not in any way justify the position that a strip search is unreasonable, as it is still likely to prevent some instances of contraband being smuggled in.



Drugs being smuggled into a jail is not the end of the world. Having a little more present by not strip searching presumptively innocent people (everyone brought into jail is presumptively innocent) is not worth the cost. (The cost being the degrading punishment of these innocents). If jailors have a reasonable suspicion of contraband, they already had the power to search. This power will be abused, certainly it will be to squash protests. I'm glad I live in a state that has disallowed this idiocy.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
feral only disapproves of fascism when a conservative/republican is in the white house :lol:
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43183
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 12,036.82
MadLove wrote:feral only disapproves of fascism when a conservative/republican is in the white house :lol:

Strip searching people booked = fascism. :neutral:
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
take the blinders off. look around you.
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43183
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 12,036.82
:neutral:
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
ok bud, you're right. everything is precisely as it appears in front of your face. now turn that frown upside down!1 :)
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43183
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 12,036.82
MadLove wrote:ok bud, you're right. everything is precisely as it appears in front of your face. now turn that frown upside down!1 :)


I think many times, you have interesting and worthwhile things to say. But when you start screaming Fascism, people tune you out. I think it's unfortunate, because there ARE plenty of things for you to point to. But they're lost in your hyperbole.

Or, maybe I'm wrong, and the next time I get arrested and strip searched for spitting on the sidewalk, I'll think of you with tears in my eyes.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27792
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 55,305.66
Elmagister wrote:
MadLove wrote:ok bud, you're right. everything is precisely as it appears in front of your face. now turn that frown upside down!1 :)


I think many times, you have interesting and worthwhile things to say. But when you start screaming Fascism, people tune you out. I think it's unfortunate, because there ARE plenty of things for you to point to. But they're lost in your hyperbole.

Or, maybe I'm wrong, and the next time I get arrested and strip searched for spitting on the sidewalk, I'll think of you with tears in my eyes.


and a finger up your anus.
_______________________________________

Bitter god of Monday morning
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8775
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007
Sand$: 16,714.50
Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.
_______________________________________

It was purgatory.
Great White Shark
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004
Sand$: 8,214.38
tjusmc wrote:Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.


Reasonable searches have always happened. It's the policy of blanket strip searching anyone that is outrageous.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8775
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007
Sand$: 16,714.50
Magyc wrote:
tjusmc wrote:Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.


Reasonable searches have always happened. It's the policy of blanket strip searching anyone that is outrageous.

Anyone being booked into jail. Perfectly reasonable. Hell I thought that was already the practice
_______________________________________

It was purgatory.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43183
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 12,036.82
Some people here behave like this ruling means jails across the country will be hiring endowed men to rape people who get booked into jail.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14844
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,084.70
vonbearsalot wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
MadLove wrote:ok bud, you're right. everything is precisely as it appears in front of your face. now turn that frown upside down!1 :)


I think many times, you have interesting and worthwhile things to say. But when you start screaming Fascism, people tune you out. I think it's unfortunate, because there ARE plenty of things for you to point to. But they're lost in your hyperbole.

Or, maybe I'm wrong, and the next time I get arrested and strip searched for spitting on the sidewalk, I'll think of you with tears in my eyes.


and a finger up your anus.


:lol:
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15978
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 36,796.36
tjusmc wrote:
Magyc wrote:
tjusmc wrote:Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.


Reasonable searches have always happened. It's the policy of blanket strip searching anyone that is outrageous.

Anyone being booked into jail. Perfectly reasonable. Hell I thought that was already the practice

It was, this case is about some clown who didn't pay his traffic tickets on time and they went to warrant. He then paid them, but didn't keep a copy of his paid tickets and warrant dismissal. In some jurisdictions there is a delay in the municipal court computer system notifying the police computer system that the warrant has been dismissed. In the lag time this clown manages to get himself stopped by city police twice. He got arrested and strip searched both times for the warrant that had already been dismissed. Had the idiot kept the paperwork showing his warrant had been dismissed he would have never been arrested once much less twice :F


I'm sure money was the primary motivation in this suit. There is plenty of case law holding cities/police departments aren't liable for accidentally arresting someone due to a delay in computer systems communicating between one another.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=329576
10th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33833
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005
Sand$: 27,503.24
625james wrote:
tjusmc wrote:
Magyc wrote:
tjusmc wrote:Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.


Reasonable searches have always happened. It's the policy of blanket strip searching anyone that is outrageous.

Anyone being booked into jail. Perfectly reasonable. Hell I thought that was already the practice

It was, this case is about some clown who didn't pay his traffic tickets on time and they went to warrant. He then paid them, but didn't keep a copy of his paid tickets and warrant dismissal. In some jurisdictions there is a delay in the municipal court computer system notifying the police computer system that the warrant has been dismissed. In the lag time this clown manages to get himself stopped by city police twice. He got arrested and strip searched both times for the warrant that had already been dismissed. Had the idiot kept the paperwork showing his warrant had been dismissed he would have never been arrested once much less twice :F


I'm sure money was the primary motivation in this suit. There is plenty of case law holding cities/police departments aren't liable for accidentally arresting someone due to a delay in computer systems communicating between one another.



Actually, he was suing not because he claimed he shouldn't have been arrested, but based on the claim that the strip search was unreasonable.

And his claim was quite properly denied.

The point of why he was arrested, and whether or not he deserved to be jailed, is a completely different discussion.
_______________________________________

What about beans?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests