FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 07.26.2014, 04:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 14:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12127
Donate
det.gif
feral pig wrote:
Saying that drugs and/or weapons will still find a way into a jail/prison setting is a complete red herring.

The statement itself is unfortunately true.

That does not in any way justify the position that a strip search is unreasonable, as it is still likely to prevent some instances of contraband being smuggled in.

Drugs being smuggled into a jail is not the end of the world. Having a little more present by not strip searching presumptively innocent people (everyone brought into jail is presumptively innocent) is not worth the cost. (The cost being the degrading punishment of these innocents). If jailors have a reasonable suspicion of contraband, they already had the power to search. This power will be abused, certainly it will be to squash protests. I'm glad I live in a state that has disallowed this idiocy.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 14:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9105
Donate
feral only disapproves of fascism when a conservative/republican is in the white house :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 31367
Donate
mia.gif
MadLove wrote:
feral only disapproves of fascism when a conservative/republican is in the white house :lol:

Strip searching people booked = fascism. :neutral:

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 15:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
take the blinders off. look around you.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 16:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
:neutral:

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 16:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ok bud, you're right. everything is precisely as it appears in front of your face. now turn that frown upside down!1 :)

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
MadLove wrote:
ok bud, you're right. everything is precisely as it appears in front of your face. now turn that frown upside down!1 :)

I think many times, you have interesting and worthwhile things to say. But when you start screaming Fascism, people tune you out. I think it's unfortunate, because there ARE plenty of things for you to point to. But they're lost in your hyperbole.

Or, maybe I'm wrong, and the next time I get arrested and strip searched for spitting on the sidewalk, I'll think of you with tears in my eyes.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54882
Donate
chi.gif
Elmagister wrote:
MadLove wrote:

I think many times, you have interesting and worthwhile things to say. But when you start screaming Fascism, people tune you out. I think it's unfortunate, because there ARE plenty of things for you to point to. But they're lost in your hyperbole.

Or, maybe I'm wrong, and the next time I get arrested and strip searched for spitting on the sidewalk, I'll think of you with tears in my eyes.

and a finger up your anus.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21453
Donate
stl.gif
Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 07:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12127
Donate
det.gif
tjusmc wrote:
Only unreasonable people see a strip search upon being booked into jail as an unreasonable search.

Reasonable searches have always happened. It's the policy of blanket strip searching anyone that is outrageous.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 07:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21453
Donate
stl.gif
Magyc wrote:
tjusmc wrote:

Reasonable searches have always happened. It's the policy of blanket strip searching anyone that is outrageous.

Anyone being booked into jail. Perfectly reasonable. Hell I thought that was already the practice

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 08:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
Some people here behave like this ruling means jails across the country will be hiring endowed men to rape people who get booked into jail.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 08:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4587
Donate
vonbearsalot wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
MadLove wrote:

and a finger up your anus.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 13:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21180
Donate
dal.gif
tjusmc wrote:
Magyc wrote:
tjusmc wrote:

Anyone being booked into jail. Perfectly reasonable. Hell I thought that was already the practice

It was, this case is about some clown who didn't pay his traffic tickets on time and they went to warrant. He then paid them, but didn't keep a copy of his paid tickets and warrant dismissal. In some jurisdictions there is a delay in the municipal court computer system notifying the police computer system that the warrant has been dismissed. In the lag time this clown manages to get himself stopped by city police twice. He got arrested and strip searched both times for the warrant that had already been dismissed. Had the idiot kept the paperwork showing his warrant had been dismissed he would have never been arrested once much less twice :F

I'm sure money was the primary motivation in this suit. There is plenty of case law holding cities/police departments aren't liable for accidentally arresting someone due to a delay in computer systems communicating between one another.

IBL
3.2A(26), 3.3C(27), 3.11D(35) , 4.2D(38) , 4.11A(47), 5.3C(51) , 6.2D(62), 6.10C(70), 7.02C(74), 10.2D(110) , 11.11D(131), 12.2D(134), 13.11D(155), 14.2D(158) , 15.11D(179) , 16.2D(182) , 16.11C(191) , 18.11C(215)

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 14:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14478
Donate
chi.gif
625james wrote:
tjusmc wrote:
Magyc wrote:
tjusmc wrote:

It was, this case is about some clown who didn't pay his traffic tickets on time and they went to warrant. He then paid them, but didn't keep a copy of his paid tickets and warrant dismissal. In some jurisdictions there is a delay in the municipal court computer system notifying the police computer system that the warrant has been dismissed. In the lag time this clown manages to get himself stopped by city police twice. He got arrested and strip searched both times for the warrant that had already been dismissed. Had the idiot kept the paperwork showing his warrant had been dismissed he would have never been arrested once much less twice :F

I'm sure money was the primary motivation in this suit. There is plenty of case law holding cities/police departments aren't liable for accidentally arresting someone due to a delay in computer systems communicating between one another.

Actually, he was suing not because he claimed he shouldn't have been arrested, but based on the claim that the strip search was unreasonable.

And his claim was quite properly denied.

The point of why he was arrested, and whether or not he deserved to be jailed, is a completely different discussion.

Must give us pause.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next