FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 00:35

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed 06.13.2012, 19:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23366
Donate
det.gif
if any sharks are told you should evacuate, get the hell out. we don't want to hear about any of you dying, nor does your family and friends.

PostPosted: Wed 06.13.2012, 22:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 118149
Donate
min.gif
My sister, bro-in-law and the kids are headed out to Jackson Lake tomorrow night for a week. Just a stones throw away from you and that mess out there, feral

PostPosted: Wed 06.13.2012, 22:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14622
Donate
chi.gif
Jackson Lake shouldn't be affected in any way. It's at least 50-60 miles from Ft. Collins.

PostPosted: Wed 06.13.2012, 23:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Yea we talked about it tonight when I went over to pick up their dogs for the week. Sister was a little wound up about it.. I got a couple good chuckles over it.

anything they should know about the place I should/could pass along? 1st time out there to Jackson Lake.

PostPosted: Thu 06.14.2012, 00:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Well, first off, I'm assuming your talking about Jackson Lake near Fort Morgan, CO. Not Jackson Lake in the Tetons.

Given that, I've only been there once. It's pretty nice, but it's not what you'd first think of when you think of Colorado. it's 60 miles or so away from the mountains, out on the plains. You could just as well be in Kansas or Nebraska.

PostPosted: Thu 06.14.2012, 07:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9427
Donate
pit.gif
shouldn't have traded tebow. god is angry.

PostPosted: Thu 06.14.2012, 07:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 58091
Donate
Man, my heart goes out to everyone involved. Mother Nature sure is a beyotch. Stay cool, feral.

PostPosted: Thu 06.14.2012, 08:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
feral pig wrote:
Well, first off, I'm assuming your talking about Jackson Lake near Fort Morgan, CO. Not Jackson Lake in the Tetons.

Given that, I've only been there once. It's pretty nice, but it's not what you'd first think of when you think of Colorado. it's 60 miles or so away from the mountains, out on the plains. You could just as well be in Kansas or Nebraska.
Yep, East of Greely. My brother-in-law's brother & his family live there in Greely. Their oldest (I think) daughter just graduated and they weren't able to make the graduation so they're going out to spend some time with 'em and goof off.

PostPosted: Thu 06.14.2012, 14:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
birddog wrote:
feral pig wrote:

Yep, East of Greely. My brother-in-law's brother & his family live there in Greely. Their oldest (I think) daughter just graduated and they weren't able to make the graduation so they're going out to spend some time with 'em and goof off.

I guess i should mention that there's quite a bit of smoke all along the Front range, and air quality has been "moderate" to "unhealthy" out to Greeley and beyond, so if anyone in your family has any kind of respiratory condition, it might be advisable to stay away or at least be careful.

PostPosted: Thu 06.14.2012, 20:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
feral pig wrote:
birddog wrote:
feral pig wrote:

I guess i should mention that there's quite a bit of smoke all along the Front range, and air quality has been "moderate" to "unhealthy" out to Greeley and beyond, so if anyone in your family has any kind of respiratory condition, it might be advisable to stay away or at least be careful.

bah.. I'll let 'em cough and wheeze.. builds character. :wink:

thanks feral. They're leaving @ 10 tonight pulling the camper and boat.. so if you see a late model bronze F250 or white explorer with Wisky plates driving through lawns.. yep.

PostPosted: Fri 06.15.2012, 10:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 170
Donate
dal.gif
was living in Northern Cally a few years back when Humboldt County was on fire, the fires were about 15 miles from me but the smoke was so thick most of that summer I was sick that I couldn't make out my horses in the pasture that was less than 1.2 acre away..could not go outside because of the air quality..I feel for you guys there in Colorado

PostPosted: Sat 06.16.2012, 12:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 20888
Donate
buf.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:
if any sharks are told you should evacuate, get the hell out. we don't want to hear about any of you dying, nor does your family and friends.

^^^ this

Stay safe Feral.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 11:40 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Well, crap.

They had this thing at 60% containment, but yesterday it was 102, with 5% humidity and 20+ mph winds. Jumped the river, burned another few thousand acres and a dozen or so houses, and now at 45% containment.

Today - same thing.

Now blown up to 75,000 acres, 200+ homes lost, and it's right on the edge of a subdivision with 800 or so more homes.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 12:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6615
Donate
den.gif
feral pig wrote:
Well, crap.

They had this thing at 60% containment, but yesterday it was 102, with 5% humidity and 20+ mph winds. Jumped the river, burned another few thousand acres and a dozen or so houses, and now at 45% containment.

Today - same thing.

Now blown up to 75,000 acres, 200+ homes lost, and it's right on the edge of a subdivision with 800 or so more homes.

I saw this last night on the news. I could smell and see the smoke around my house yesterday and I live about 60 miles south of you.

We are up in the mountains for the week and it looks like we picked a good one with the heat as bad as forecasted for the next few days. Even up in Avon it is still mid 80's for a high.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 12:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Chavez wrote:
feral pig wrote:
Well, crap.

Today - same thing.

I saw this last night on the news. I could smell and see the smoke around my house yesterday and I live about 60 miles south of you.

We are up in the mountains for the week and it looks like we picked a good one with the heat as bad as forecasted for the next few days. Even up in Avon it is still mid 80's for a high.

It's just nuts. This will be our 3rd day over 100, and it's not even July yet. Plus it just won't rain...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next