Spa ownership

Post Reply  
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31058
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 90,084.56
birddog wrote:
elven wrote:
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:
elven wrote:i bought one about 10 years ago. i have replaced the pump twice. heating element and cover once. it is due for a new cover. 2 years ago it kicked off in the middle of winter and all the pipes froze and cracked. i replaced all of the pvc last summer. also replaced the sides. they were cedar but were starting to rot. replaced with pre-engineered barn board. expect to use it all the time the first year. have lots of sex in it. i would recommend shooting over the side if i were you though. after the first year you will get bored with it and it will start to fall apart.


my neighbor bought one about 8 years ago and my brother bought a house with one already. both have put more money into them then they'd of liked and basically have had the same experience as you. i can't for the life of me imagine every purchasing one.


it was fun at first. chicks + booze + hottub = naked drunk chicks. then all the chicks grew up and became pregers and ruined it.

ftfy


Yeah, our social circle is shrinking due to all of our friends having children. Maybe I should get a hot tub and start swinging.
_______________________________________

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 7,792.57
birddog wrote:
elven wrote:i bought one about 10 years ago. i have replaced the pump twice. heating element and cover once. it is due for a new cover. 2 years ago it kicked off in the middle of winter and all the pipes froze and cracked. i replaced all of the pvc last summer. also replaced the sides. they were cedar but were starting to rot. replaced with pre-engineered barn board. expect to use it all the time the first year. have lots of sex in it. i would recommend shooting over the side if i were you though. after the first year you will get bored with it and it will start to fall apart.
pre-engineered barn boards.. umeanprestressedmethnks.


this stuff...

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Mater ... reId=10051
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36281
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,595.12
elven wrote:
birddog wrote:
elven wrote:i bought one about 10 years ago. i have replaced the pump twice. heating element and cover once. it is due for a new cover. 2 years ago it kicked off in the middle of winter and all the pipes froze and cracked. i replaced all of the pvc last summer. also replaced the sides. they were cedar but were starting to rot. replaced with pre-engineered barn board. expect to use it all the time the first year. have lots of sex in it. i would recommend shooting over the side if i were you though. after the first year you will get bored with it and it will start to fall apart.
pre-engineered barn boards.. umeanprestressedmethnks.


this stuff...

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Mater ... reId=10051


holding up to the water ok so far? basically treated OSB. I've used a good chunk of smart side lap and smart trim on projects the past 4-5yrs. Good stuff so far w/o any call backs. Looks great too.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 7,792.57
birddog wrote:
elven wrote:
birddog wrote:
elven wrote:i bought one about 10 years ago. i have replaced the pump twice. heating element and cover once. it is due for a new cover. 2 years ago it kicked off in the middle of winter and all the pipes froze and cracked. i replaced all of the pvc last summer. also replaced the sides. they were cedar but were starting to rot. replaced with pre-engineered barn board. expect to use it all the time the first year. have lots of sex in it. i would recommend shooting over the side if i were you though. after the first year you will get bored with it and it will start to fall apart.
pre-engineered barn boards.. umeanprestressedmethnks.


this stuff...

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Mater ... reId=10051


holding up to the water ok so far? basically treated OSB. I've used a good chunk of smart side lap and smart trim on projects the past 4-5yrs. Good stuff so far w/o any call backs. Looks great too.

put it on last summer. so far so good
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36281
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,595.12
caulk and paint the cuts/joints or just toss it up?
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31058
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 90,084.56
^ also the name of a Polish sex move.
_______________________________________

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16044
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 7,792.57
birddog wrote:caulk and paint the cuts/joints or just toss it up?


no i just threw it on there
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36281
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,595.12
Griffimo wrote:^ also the name of a Polish sex move.
AKA: The Kielbasa Kraddle
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests