If you ignore a troll, will it leave?

Post Reply  

If you ignore a troll, will it leave?

Yes
0
No votes
No
11
55%
If EVERYONE puts it on ignore, it will cease to exist
9
45%
 
Total votes : 20
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31576
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 90,542.60
Just curious.
_______________________________________

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6695
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008
Sand$: 7,637.92
The troll will just keep saying more outlandish things until someone reacts.
_______________________________________

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with catsup.
Proud member of the Deep Blue Dynasty League
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6675
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 14,733.38
Can the ignore button be set up to also block PM's?
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Honorary Megalodon
Posts: 6274
Joined: Thu Jul 8, 2010
Sand$: 6,323.00
“Do not hope wholly to reason away your troubles; do not feed them with attention, and they will die imperceptibly away. Fix your thoughts upon your business, fill your intervals with company, and sunshine will again break in upon your mind.”


A troll is not unlike a child having a tantrum. IMO the best course of action is to give them a time out by themselves until they are capable and willing to behave.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8060
Joined: Wed Sep 4, 2002
Sand$: 4,182.91
Not if you post polls about them.
_______________________________________

Image


What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35638
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 5,249.67
beerbarian wrote:Not if you post polls about them.


:lol:
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31576
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 90,542.60
beerbarian wrote:Not if you post polls about them.


This is a general and vague question that spans many different types of internet forums and is not targeted toward any individual poster.
_______________________________________

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4347
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003
Sand$: 146.66
Ha ha! I mean yeah
_______________________________________

CleffedUp wrote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of looks to realize it was a pumpkin puking into a toilet.

(2003) - R.I.P.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8060
Joined: Wed Sep 4, 2002
Sand$: 4,182.91
Griffimo wrote:
beerbarian wrote:Not if you post polls about them.


This is a general and vague question that spans many different types of internet forums and is not targeted toward any individual poster.


:wink: Gotcha.
_______________________________________

Image


What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31576
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 90,542.60
If everyone were to ignore/foe list one forum poster, would that forum poster still exist?

They could create threads I suppose but that would be about it.
_______________________________________

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4837
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004
Sand$: 1,916.70
If someone on your foe list starts a thread, do you just not see it? What if someone posts in it that is not on the foe list?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31576
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 90,542.60
If someone from your foe list posts you don't see it. I'm not certain about threads created by foes though.
_______________________________________

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4347
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003
Sand$: 146.66
We need answers on this.
_______________________________________

CleffedUp wrote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of looks to realize it was a pumpkin puking into a toilet.

(2003) - R.I.P.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7176
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 8,836.26
Griffimo wrote:If someone from your foe list posts you don't see it. I'm not certain about threads created by foes though.


You see that the thread was created by the individual on your foe list, but can't read any of their posts. There is an area just above where the posts are that says that individual is on your foe list and gives you the option to read it if you want.
_______________________________________

NFL Challenge- GBP
LoT- Roman
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16916
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004
Sand$: 14.72
fishfry wrote:
Griffimo wrote:If someone from your foe list posts you don't see it. I'm not certain about threads created by foes though.


You see that the thread was created by the individual on your foe list, but can't read any of their posts. There is an area just above where the posts are that says that individual is on your foe list and gives you the option to read it if you want.


This is true, however you can still read threads started by the troll, however, if you don't click to open the thread, the thread count stays small enough to send a message to that troll and that troll might see that it's getting ignored and hopefully move on to other boards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest