FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 09.17.2014, 12:35

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 103  Next
PostPosted: Fri 01.04.2013, 11:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23472
Donate
ne.gif
Game of Thrones discussion was taking over the "Recommend a TV Show or Documentary" thread, so I made a separate thread for Game of Thrones discussion.

* WARNING * This thread may contain spoilers!!

Season 3 of Game of Thrones starts on March 31st, 2013.

Here is a link to a recent article confirming that Season 3 is going to account for roughly the first half of the 3rd book (A Storm of Swords). Also, the episodes are going to be a little longer than the usual HBO/SHO/Starz/etc. hour-long show play times. The writer and producer have said that most of the episodes will be 56 or 57 minutes long rather than the standard 52 minutes. Its not much, but over 10 episodes, that's a full hour of extra content, so I'll take it! http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/showbiz/tv/game-of-thrones-season-three/index.html

For those of you who have not read the books yet, you should be in for a lot of great surprises this season! For those of us who did read the books, is the 3rd book (A Storm of Swords) your favorite? I know that its my favorite of the 5 books so far.

Last edited by Jcb890 on Wed 03.26.2014, 10:55, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 01.04.2013, 12:44 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Sand$: 164
Donate
det.gif
I read them all one right after the other, so they've blurred. But I know what is coming up and am very excited!

PostPosted: Fri 01.04.2013, 13:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
gridguru wrote:
I read them all one right after the other, so they've blurred. But I know what is coming up and am very excited!

I did as well (well, I listened to the audio books). But, I did it within the last few months, so I can still mostly differentiate what happens in each of the books.

I'll go back and re-watch Seasons 1 and 2 if I can on HBO On Demand before Season 3 starts. I like to do that before new series of old shows start.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 13:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53869
Donate
min.gif
I have a thought regarding the heir to the throne... maybe it is discussed more in later books, but struck me as odd...

Quote:
Is Jon Snow really Ned Stark's bastard? For one, it doesn't fit Ned's character at all. He is an honorable, devout family man who all of a sudden decides to bang some random woman, take their baby and abandon her. Doesn't add up.
Then, as I am reading through the first book, it makes me wonder about Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen. We know he liked her and can assume they did the nasty. We know she died, but are left without many details of how that happened. It seems possible it was in child birth. We know Ned thought Rhaegar wasn't all that bad, despite going to war with his family. I think Jon Snow is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, making him the heir to the throne. Ned took the baby after Lyanna gave birth because, for one it is his nephew, but also because he knew the Lannisters would likely kill the baby if they knew who it was.
Since Rhaegar was next in line for the throne, his son would be after him in succession.
Granted, I have no idea what happens to Jon or the throne after season 2, but this is my theory.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 14:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
unimsw wrote:
I have a thought regarding the heir to the throne... maybe it is discussed more in later books, but struck me as odd...

Quote:
Possible spoilers removed.

You're going to have to be a little more specific with what you mean by the heir to the throne. Do you mean who is the rightful heir instead of Joffrey because he's made of incest? The real rightful heir is Stannis. He's the oldest Baratheon left and since Robert did not have any "true born" sons, it should go to him.

I love the thought process you had, but no.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 16:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53869
Donate
min.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

Quote:

You're going to have to be a little more specific with what you mean by the heir to the throne. Do you mean who is the rightful heir instead of Joffrey because he's made of incest? The real rightful heir is Stannis. He's the oldest Baratheon left and since Robert did not have any "true born" sons, it should go to him.

Well, technically Robert and his entire family are usurpers, not the original royal family. That goes to the Targaryens. Joffrey clearly isn't the rightful heir. You could make an argument for Robert's bastard, but that goes back to Robert not being the "real" king. I don't know what is coming, but I think Robert's line will be out of the running before the end of the series. The throne will either go to a Stark or a Targaryen. Just my thoughts...

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 16:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
unimsw wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
unimsw wrote:

Quote:

Well, technically Robert and his entire family are usurpers, not the original royal family. That goes to the Targaryens. Joffrey clearly isn't the rightful heir. You could make an argument for Robert's bastard, but that goes back to Robert not being the "real" king. I don't know what is coming, but I think Robert's line will be out of the running before the end of the series. The throne will either go to a Stark or a Targaryen. Just my thoughts...

Do you want any hints/answers/spoilers to help answer any of your questions? There's some good illustrated "family trees" out there with timelines and stuff that is very interesting and helpful, but it will give away spoilers as well.

Yes, the Baratheons (Robert) are/were usurpers. Robert's line is pretty much out of the running already though. His bastard is off with Arya and doesn't know who he is either. Renly is dead (at the hands of Stannis' Red Priestess Melisandre). The only one left alive that knows he has a claim to the throne is Stannis. None of that is giving anything away, that's all been shown on the TV show in Season 2.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 20:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6983
Donate
gb.gif
Those aren't really spoilers, since they are NOT talked about in detail in any of the books (yet).

You did hit the nail on the head on a popular fan theory though. One problem with said theory... Jon took the Black. He forfeits all lands, titles, everything to be a man of the Nights Watch. Remember Measter Eamon on the Wall? He's a Targarian, but he took the Black and talks to Jon about separating himself from his old life.

Possible Spoilers from A Dance With Dragons:
Quote:
Plus he got stabbed a whole bunch of times and no one knows if he's dead or not.

But yeah, you could possibly be right... but no one really knows for sure.

PostPosted: Wed 01.23.2013, 10:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
und2006 wrote:
Those aren't really spoilers, since they are NOT talked about in detail in any of the books (yet).

You did hit the nail on the head on a popular fan theory though. One problem with said theory... Jon took the Black. He forfeits all lands, titles, everything to be a man of the Nights Watch. Remember Measter Eamon on the Wall? He's a Targarian, but he took the Black and talks to Jon about separating himself from his old life.

Quote:
Plus he got stabbed a whole bunch of times and no one knows if he's dead or not.

Correct, Jon took the black and forfeits everything. He was already offered Winterfell by Stannis as well and turned it down.

Possible Spoilers response:
Quote:
Stabbed 4 times I believe. My opinion is that Mellisandre brings him back somehow like Thoros did with Catelyn and Donderrian. Either that or he is just dead like what Martin did with Eddard.

PostPosted: Wed 01.23.2013, 19:11 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Donate
det.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

Quote:

Correct, Jon took the black and forfeits everything. He was already offered Winterfell by Stannis as well and turned it down.

Quote:
Stabbed 4 times I believe. My opinion is that Mellisandre brings him back somehow like Thoros did with Catelyn and Donderrian. Either that or he is just dead like what Martin did with Eddard.

Re-read the prologue of Dance with Dragons for your answer as to what will happen with Jon. It's quite clear I think.

PostPosted: Wed 01.23.2013, 21:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
gridguru wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Re-read the prologue of Dance with Dragons for your answer as to what will happen with Jon. It's quite clear I think.

Nothing is clear yet. Feel free to post it in here though if you have an idea.

PostPosted: Wed 01.23.2013, 22:20 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Donate
det.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
gridguru wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing is clear yet. Feel free to post it in here though if you have an idea.

Quote:
Jon, like most of the Starks is a warg, a skinchanger. His mind moves into Ghost all the time. Like the guy in the prologue, he will be one of the rare warts that can move into a host human. He will be back, just in somebody else's body.

I have no doubt.

PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 08:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
gridguru wrote:
Quote:
Jon, like most of the Starks is a warg, a skinchanger. His mind moves into Ghost all the time. Like the guy in the prologue, he will be one of the rare warts that can move into a host human. He will be back, just in somebody else's body.

I have no doubt.

Quote:
I have no doubt that will occur, to an extent. Just like Bran has been able to go into his direwolf. However, I don't think Martin would just have Jon Snow go into some other person's body and work through them. I would say the more likely outcome is that he goes into Ghost for a bit and then the red priestess (Melissandre) is able to bring him back. Possibly something along the lines of the "Coldhands" character. The one who cannot go South beyond the wall due to the wall's magic or whatever. Might have something to do with some kind of sacrifice(s) or something to bring him back completely or bring him back as one of those like "Coldhands". I was reading some theories on one of the GOT message boards yesterday and people had some pretty interesting ideas of what they thought was going to happen.

Hey George... hurry the eff up and right the 6th book!

PostPosted: Thu 02.07.2013, 15:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15355
Donate
bal.gif
New preview from the s2 DVD, another animated history session, dealing with the Targaryens:

History of the Night's Watch (narrated by Ygritte)

X-Men:Days of Future Past 9/10
Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10

PostPosted: Sat 02.09.2013, 00:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6983
Donate
gb.gif
They seem to have tried to keep it quiet who was playing Ramsey Snow. Didn't work... they cast him as "boy".

And people thought Jeoffry was sadistic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 103  Next