FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 05:37

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Favorite Christmas Music
PostPosted: Mon 11.24.2014, 22:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 10236
Donate
cle.gif
I love the old stuff. Martin, Sinatra, Cole..but this one is on my greatest hits list for christmas.

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 07:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2478
Donate
I love pretty much anything by Ray Conniff & Singers.

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 08:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9575
Donate
pit.gif
jingle cats

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 09:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 61573
Donate

Growing up in the early 70's my family had this 8 track tape called Christmas with Glen Campbell and Sonny James. I loved that 8 track tape and looked forward to it every year. Great songs, great voices. Some traditional songs but a lot of others that you never heard anywhere else. As I say, I loved it. It was the best part of Christmas, getting to play that green 8 track tape.

Jump to the 80's and I have my family starting my own traditions. Well, one day while looking through the Christmas cassette tapes by the bundle at Walgreen's, I see Christmas with Glen Campbell and Sonny James so I snatch it up. My kids grew up on it as I did. They love it, too.

In the early 2000's, knowing cassettes don't last, I copy it from cassette to cd and make additional copies for my Mom and brothers and sisters.

A few years after that, I start an extensive search to see if it's ever been put on cd, searching all the Christmas music bins and searching on line. No luck. However, while searching I run across a review of the album that reads "Best Christmas music ever! Wish I could find this on CD" which also had the Yahoo! user name. I take a chance and email the person and ask if he ever found it and that I did have the music converted from cassette to cd and would make a copy and send it if desired.

The response was an over whelming "YES! I can't believe this!" through details of additional emails we worked out 4 copies for him and his family. He loved the album as much as I did and wants to share it with his family. He lives in Illinois not too far from where I was growing up when I lived there until 1973 before moving to New Orleans. He almost didn't get the cd's in time as this was 2005 post Hurricane Katrina. Mail was real slow in and out of New Orleans. He did get it 4 days before Christmas. I got the biggest Thank you ever. Every year he sends an email thanking me and wishing me and mine a Merry Christmas.

That's my favorite Christmas music and story about it.

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 09:36 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 9575
Donate
pit.gif
meh, jingle cats is still better

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 13:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 75145
Donate
kc.gif
WHO wrote:

Growing up in the early 70's my family had this 8 track tape called Christmas with Glen Campbell and Sonny James. I loved that 8 track tape and looked forward to it every year. Great songs, great voices. Some traditional songs but a lot of others that you never heard anywhere else. As I say, I loved it. It was the best part of Christmas, getting to play that green 8 track tape.

Jump to the 80's and I have my family starting my own traditions. Well, one day while looking through the Christmas cassette tapes by the bundle at Walgreen's, I see Christmas with Glen Campbell and Sonny James so I snatch it up. My kids grew up on it as I did. They love it, too.

In the early 2000's, knowing cassettes don't last, I copy it from cassette to cd and make additional copies for my Mom and brothers and sisters.

A few years after that, I start an extensive search to see if it's ever been put on cd, searching all the Christmas music bins and searching on line. No luck. However, while searching I run across a review of the album that reads "Best Christmas music ever! Wish I could find this on CD" which also had the Yahoo! user name. I take a chance and email the person and ask if he ever found it and that I did have the music converted from cassette to cd and would make a copy and send it if desired.

The response was an over whelming "YES! I can't believe this!" through details of additional emails we worked out 4 copies for him and his family. He loved the album as much as I did and wants to share it with his family. He lives in Illinois not too far from where I was growing up when I lived there until 1973 before moving to New Orleans. He almost didn't get the cd's in time as this was 2005 post Hurricane Katrina. Mail was real slow in and out of New Orleans. He did get it 4 days before Christmas. I got the biggest Thank you ever. Every year he sends an email thanking me and wishing me and mine a Merry Christmas.

That's a cool story.

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 14:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120383
Donate
min.gif
Bing

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 18:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10073
Donate
det.gif
r3b3lli0n wrote:
I love pretty much anything by Ray Conniff & Singers.

=D>

Grew up listening to this. Classic in every sense of the word.

Ryan, Rivers
Miller, Crowell, B. Brown,
Dez, Sanu, Matthews, Landry
Graham, Allen
Carpenter, Succop
Cowboys, Broncos

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 18:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5160
Donate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Very_Special_Christmas_(album)

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 18:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22367
Donate
cle.gif
Burl Ives has some pretty good tunes.

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 18:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
jdhowlett wrote:
WHO wrote:

That's a cool story.

8) :Drink) agreed good man!

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 18:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
herb wrote:

WOW..Herb..S.O has been a huge part of my life. Im a coach of many sports but mainly a life in baseball..however I have done it all with the Special Olympics. I had a sister born with MRDD from lack of oxygen a birth. Influenced my entire life. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 18:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
The BlueBeards wrote:
Burl Ives has some pretty good tunes.

I think of Burl Ives..and I see..

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 21:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53957
Donate
sf.gif
I generally like the old stuff... Sinatra, Bing, Burl, Dean Martin, etc. but I do like this particular song and this version of it as well.

http://faithtap.com/2089/pentatonix-mary-did-you-know/

PostPosted: Tue 11.25.2014, 21:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25234
Donate
det.gif
kenny g xmas
harry connick jr xmas
the classics - sinatra, bing, etc.

i have a xmas album called smooth yule that's awesome. smooth jazz and whatnot. dave grusin, kitaro, and others. my favorite xmas album ever. i bought it probably 20 years ago.