Concerts

Megalodon
Sand$: 12,728.37
man am I getting old. bought tickets today to see ed kowalczyk from Live perform a solo acoustic set of the album Throwing Copper for its 20th anniversary. also got tickets to see Helmet, who are doing a 20th anniversary tour for the release of Betty. I remember buying both those albums the day they came out.
Megalodon
Sand$: 7,100.84
oh man I loved Live when I was younger, one of my biggest regrets is missing out on going to see them in concert when they were touring South Africa

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Megalodon
I saw them on the original tour for throwing copper when it came out. I think pj Harvey opened. then I saw them play at pnc park after a pirates game. the acoustics were horrible.
Megalodon
Sand$: 9,970.14
Saw Live on the MTV 120 min. Tour with Blind Mellon, BAD II and PIL.

Great show in a bar :Drink)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
Megalodon
jstr2112 wrote:Saw Live on the MTV 120 min. Tour with Blind Mellon, BAD II and PIL.

that's a great lineup
Megalodon
Sand$: 52,155.84
I'm not a huge fan of going to concerts in general, but seeing Rage Against the Machine reunite at Rock the Bells in NYC was friggin' awesome. There were all sorts of rumors they'd get back together and make another album and tour, but they haven't done either of those since.

Megalodon
Jcb890 wrote:I'm not a huge fan of going to concerts in general, but seeing Rage Against the Machine reunite at Rock the Bells in NYC was friggin' awesome. There were all sorts of rumors they'd get back together and make another album and tour, but they haven't done either of those since.

I saw them at lollapalooza back in the day. before they got on stage I had never heard of them. needless to say, after that set my mind was blown.
Megalodon
elven wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:I'm not a huge fan of going to concerts in general, but seeing Rage Against the Machine reunite at Rock the Bells in NYC was friggin' awesome. There were all sorts of rumors they'd get back together and make another album and tour, but they haven't done either of those since.

I saw them at lollapalooza back in the day. before they got on stage I had never heard of them. needless to say, after that set my mind was blown.

I was really glad that they didn't suck live since they have always been one of my favorite bands.

The rest of the show was actually really cool as well. The rest was hip-hop pretty much though:

Public Enemy
The Roots
Cypress Hill
Wu-Tang Clan
Mos Def
Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks

Public Enemy, The Roots and Cypress Hill were all really good and put on great shows. Wu-Tang was absolutely horrendous. Just 9 guys standing on a stage trying to yell over each other.

Moderatorbaiter
Sand$: 6,210.32
elven wrote:

1993. Awesome lineup at the Dallas show.
Megalodon
If anyone has a chance to see AC/DC and you're on the fence, go for it. I saw them only a couple of years ago at Gillette and they were great. I was surprised at how good they sounded for being as old as they were.

Megalodon
elven wrote:

I also recall vividly how hot and disgusting it was that day. It was an all-day concert and they managed to run out of water by mid-afternoon. Mind you, it was easily 100* on Randall's Island that day being in the middle of the summer and tons and tons of people around. Right before RATM was set to play, it rained. I remember being excited that it was going to cool down. NOPE. It was just as hot and even more humid after it rained for 15 minutes. :lol: I've never been that thirsty before or since.

Megalodon
elven wrote:
jstr2112 wrote:Saw Live on the MTV 120 min. Tour with Blind Mellon, BAD II and PIL.

that's a great lineup

Great show even with getting smashed up against the stage and mosh pit and all.

Same bar I saw NIN and Tool and the Ramones etc. etc.etc 8)

Megalodon
jstr2112 wrote:
elven wrote:

that's a great lineup

Great show even with getting smashed up against the stage and mosh pit and all.

Same bar I saw NIN and Tool and the Ramones etc. etc.etc 8)

=D> They put on an awesome live show too!

RATM and Tool, 2 of my favorite bands.

Megalodon
Sand$: 9,464.28
I was surprised at how good they sounded for being as old as they were.

Painting with a broad brush & using a baseball term but "old" bands generally only sound old in relation to how much the lead singer has lost from his fastball. If the lead singer can get close to what he sounded like, creating the rest of the band's instrumental sound given the technology that exists today coupled with hopefully their retained musicianship isn't that hard.

The thing you never get though is the energy / vibe that they had when they were young.

Saw Santana 30 years ago and a couple of years ago. The recent concert was better in many respects but was lacking as you were never on the edge of your seat and the recent concert was more recording studio scripted like vs improv etc.

Megalodon
^^^^^^^
Amen, I have seen Aerosmith dozens of times, nothing will ever compair to the late 70s early 80s