Returning players take note! Invites have gone out, but emails change, messages get blocked, and all sorts of reasons are out there that might effect your getting a notice.
So if you have not gotten one, and felt you should have, please list your team name, league info, and correct email here and I will resend. I can also check and see if there are any other problems or issues, such as league placement, or teams dropped from the leagues entirely, but I can't fix what I don't know about, so please, help me out and let me know of any issues! Thanks!
Something new this year - I have NOT move up the two qualifying teams from each Tiger League yet (they should be claimed as Tigers for now). This is because we replace upper level absent owners with teams from the leagues right below them where possible. With that chain reaction, every year there have been enough no-shows to create the space necessary in the Blue Leagues for the advancing Tigers. So all qualifying Tigers WILL get advanced, but we won't know to which Blue League until after August 1 when the no-shows have sorted themselves out.
And some things to remember:
Review the rules again!
We are not having a sign up yet for new players, we first focus on returning players. As a returning player you now have have until August 1 to claim your team. We will then clear out the dead teams, and move folks up to fill dead spots (and that is when Tiger winners will be moving up), and most likely we will have to move people laterally to fill leagues as well. What does that mean? It means do not get too comfortable in the league you are first assigned - do not bother with personalizing things yet, or talking smack, or worrying about your draft slot, as you could be moving!
And draft orders do NOT get set (so what you see now is not final) until the final league makeup is done and the league is full.
So, after we have moved active players around and filled the returning leagues up, second invites will be sent as soon as we have the leagues finalized, sometime the first week of August, and we’ll set a new draft order and start drafting shortly thereafter. Help me out by claiming your team ASAP, go right now.
Remember, if you miss out on grabbing your team, you will find yourself signing up for a Tiger Shark level team – so don’t let that happen!
Once all the returning players are set, we will open up low level leagues for new owners and start those drafts as they fill up. That should happen mid August as well, with drafts going right up to kickoff! So new hopefuls – watch for that opportunity!
The rules are updated, and a reminder of the changes we put in place in past seasons:
1. We adopted the myfantasyleague.com pre-set waivers, option 1A, which is great, as you will have until kickoff to pick up players, but this has one drawback – NO PRESEASON WW. Which means have a complete roster drafted for week one, or be prepared to not start a TE/K/D that week!
2. The draft window is at at 12 hours, but one miss, and you go on autopilot. All drafts are going simultaneously again, and trying to keep up with multiple misses will be all but impossible. And if we get as much participation as we hope, we will be bigger and better, so policing will be harder, and because of that, going on auto will no longer be reversible, you miss, you stay on auto. The good news? Things will be set so that even if you go on autopilot the pre-drafters and draft lists will work, so you can still control your draft, you just lose the benefit of the 12 hour timer if you mess up. Solution? Don’t miss a pick! And if you do – pre-draft pre-draft pre-draft!
3. The playoffs structure remains the same, as do the rise-and-fall rules, remember there is no re-seeding between playoff rounds, they get set and they ride as set. The reasoning is two-fold, to keep divisions relevant, we already reward byes to two division winners regardless of statistics, so the “best” teams are not necessarily the highest seeds, therefore re-seeding is less important, and second, it is just plain easier!
4. My ability to fix obvious mistakes is still there, and I will, and policing dead owners will continue, but keep alert and help me out. It only SEEMS like I am everywhere. And if a mistake gets made I can’t fix (and that is my call), then you live with it. And that may be more likely this year, with less time and more teams. So don’t make mistakes!
5. A reminder NO trading, remember that for drafts, trading has been floated many times (and was again), but the cons still outweigh the pros amongst the powers that be.
6. Remember, after the first round of invites you could still move! Don't get to comfy. After we move up players to fill no shows, THEN we are off!
8. And just a reminder, we implemented a "Carney" rule. In 2009 Carney was cut just prior to week 13, after the ww closed for the season. A few playoff teams were forced to go without a kicker. That was unsatisfactory. Hence the new rule. It will be all manually done, as mfl has no setting for this, but basically, should a player be cut (not injured, that is a risk for which you should plan for or willingly take) after the regular season ends, anytime during the playoffs, that player can be replaced by a same-position player available from the pool of free agents. This will in all likelihood not happen, or effect us, but by announcing this now, it will allow me to do what I would have liked to have done in 2009, and that is let Carney owners replace him.
So watch your inboxes, and get your teams! And if you did not get your invite, pm me and I will fix whatever is wrong for you and get you signed up!
Good luck and, as always, may all your first rounders stay healthy!