FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.02.2014, 23:39

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stevan Ridley
PostPosted: Thu 08.18.2011, 22:43 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1007
Donate
Quote:
Rookie RB Stevan Ridley rushed 14 times for 84 yards and added three receptions for 27 yards against the Bucs in the Patriots' second preseason game.
It's Ridley second straight game over 100 total yards, though the performance was mixed this time. Playing exclusively with the second-team offense, Ridley lost a fumble on a fourth-and-inches. On the flip side, he continues to show agile feet, power, and smooth hands. He has the talent to push BenJarvus Green-Ellis, though the latter is clearly ahead at this point.

Quote:
Third-round rookie RB Stevan Ridley rushed 16 times for 64 yards and two touchdowns and added seven receptions for 47 yards and another score against the Jaguars in the preseason opener.
Meet your Thursday night MVP. Ridley isn't just a power back, showing a nice wiggle, soft hands, RAC ability, and goal-line drive. He has three-down skills, but seems likely to be ticketed for a short-yardage and four-minute offense role in New England. Just bear in mind the starters didn't play and Ridley touched the ball 23 times. He has to do some depth-chart climbing. This was a solid first step. Fellow rookie Shane Vereen missed the game with a hamstring injury. Aug 11, 10:39 PM

Anybody impressed with this dude? Do you think he can make a climb up the depth chart by mid season and be another impact player on the Pats next season?

4th pick in the draft
Keepers (Murray for a 7th round pick, Cobb for an 8th round pick, Spiller for a 9th round pick)

Post subject: Re: Stevan Ridley
PostPosted: Thu 08.18.2011, 23:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3125
Donate
den.gif
Glad I took him over Vereen in my dyno league. I think he will be entrenched as the #3 back this year at least!

PostPosted: Thu 08.18.2011, 23:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3585
Donate
no.gif
I am.

PostPosted: Fri 08.19.2011, 00:07 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 3478
Donate
ne.gif
One fumble in 50 carries? Yeah, he looks awesome but I bet that's the only play he sees on film tomorrow.

Long long shot at fantasy relevancy this year.

BGE has earned the starter roll and he's solid if not spectacular. Not a fantasy stud but a reality stud.

PostPosted: Fri 08.19.2011, 15:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53270
Donate
chi.gif
Just like the Patriots passing game, way too many mouths to feed in their backfield. Ridley could replace BGE eventually, but Woodhead is young and productive and I would guess will be there for a while.

He'll soak up all the PPR production and a decent number of carries too. How much is left over to split among BGE, Vereen and Ridley? Kid looks like a gamer, but for RBs more than any other position, opportunity > talent.

PostPosted: Fri 08.19.2011, 15:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20854
Donate
ne.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Just like the Patriots passing game, way too many mouths to feed in their backfield. Ridley could replace BGE eventually, but Woodhead is young and productive and I would guess will be there for a while.

He'll soak up all the PPR production and a decent number of carries too. How much is left over to split among BGE, Vereen and Ridley? Kid looks like a gamer, but for RBs more than any other position, opportunity > talent.

^^This. Until injuries set in, it's going to be a major RBBC. If Sammy Morris doesn't get cut (I think he will) there's still him, and Faulk will likely be put on PUP but back at some point.

jdhowlett wrote:
Excuse me while I scrub my eyes with steel wool...

PostPosted: Fri 08.19.2011, 15:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6361
Donate
chi.gif
i think anybody could look good running behind that o-line. For fantasy purposes, the only RB I want is Woodhead because I'm sure he'll have a pretty consistent role on the offense.

PostPosted: Fri 08.19.2011, 17:12 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1722
Donate
I hate drafting Patriot's RBs, Saints RB's, and Shannahan RB's. Work the Wire and you can get the next flavor of the week for free in a lot of cases.