FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 15:48

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon 11.14.2011, 19:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9230
Donate
oak.gif
g-man09 wrote:
^ It's a couple hundred thousand, not millions (must be nice to be an athlete to say that). You don't think he'll at least get a deal somewhere around Santonio Holme's deal?
He should have better money management though of course

Why would any team pay Holmes $$$ for a glorified punt returner?

PostPosted: Tue 11.15.2011, 01:01 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
I saw this coming and passed on Jackson who I had last year and waited and took Maclin later....Problem is I took "good old faithful" Roddy White and passed on Calvin....Still having nightmeres...I could have took Calvin and waited for Julio...

PostPosted: Tue 11.15.2011, 10:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4668
Donate
ten.gif
He's completely undependable and a waste of a roster spot, even more so despite the issue with Maclin. Eagles are in deep doo doo. I'd drop him for someone with some upside like Robinson, Moore or Williams if available.

PostPosted: Tue 11.15.2011, 10:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5082
Donate
kc.gif
His disappearing act has killed me in the playoffs two years in a row.
I want nothing to do with him.

PostPosted: Tue 11.15.2011, 11:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14938
Donate
oak.gif
i've played against the owner of djax and both of the eagles qb's back to back in championship matches and have destroyed the other owners back to back by 50 pts for back to back championships 8)

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 15:29 

Sand$: 53255
Donate
nyj.gif
Seriously, can this moron just play the game?

When he's not crying about his contract, or having a safety over top to explain away a bad game, he's doing something idiotic like running along the goal line or this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp12181

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Mon 11.21.2011, 15:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35308
Donate
mia.gif
Quote:
Jackson is playing for a free-agent contract. If he flips balls, backpedals into the end zone, drops the ball before the goal line and gets idiotic penalties after big catches when he's underpaid and auditioning for big money, what's he going to do when he gets paid? It's a question that has to be a legitimate concern for the Eagles and any team evaluating how much to offer Jackson in the offseason.

What a great point.

PostPosted: Wed 11.30.2011, 13:48 

Sand$: 53255
Donate
nyj.gif
bump for Legendary1

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Wed 11.30.2011, 13:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18223
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Elmagister wrote:
Quote:
Jackson is playing for a free-agent contract. If he flips balls, backpedals into the end zone, drops the ball before the goal line and gets idiotic penalties after big catches when he's underpaid and auditioning for big money, what's he going to do when he gets paid? It's a question that has to be a legitimate concern for the Eagles and any team evaluating how much to offer Jackson in the offseason.

What a great point.

He will be lucky if he gets a prove it contract. Rosen douche the walls are crumbling.

PostPosted: Wed 11.30.2011, 21:19 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
I dont think you will get much value if you try to trade DJax....Your better off holding onto him and playing him when he has a good match up....I bet he goes off atleast 1 or 2 times before the years over...I was fortunate to decide to pass on DJax and I waited until a little later in the draft and scooped up Maclin who has been far more consistent...I wish I would have gone after Julio instead of Roddy although Roddy seems to have bounced back the last couple weeks....I had Djax and Roddy both on my money team last year and I only lost 3 games so I tried to assemble the same team....Roddy was sooo consistent last year I decided to go after him first....I was the first to take a WR and took Roddy for his consistency and I have been upset all year until a couple weeks ago...I should have took Mega and gone after Julio later in the draft......I think Roddy is going to finish strong though!

PostPosted: Wed 11.30.2011, 21:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 16455
Donate
atl.gif
I don't think he has ever been the same player since he took that big hit last year. I don't think his heart is in it like it was.

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 08:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 79195
Donate
If you watch the games there's 1 problem - DeSean Jackson. He is not exerting effort. He's not trying.

I understand why. If I was underpaid for my job and knew that the decision has already been made: I was going to be laid off in a few months, I don't know if I'd be trying my best either.

But he is costing himself millions of dollars in free agency money. If he performed up to the level he is capable of, he would be re-signed.

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 08:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4197
Donate
pit.gif
Boogs34 wrote:
If you watch the games there's 1 problem - DeSean Jackson. He is not exerting effort. He's not trying.

I understand why. If I was underpaid for my job and knew that the decision has already been made: I was going to be laid off in a few months, I don't know if I'd be trying my best either.

But he is costing himself millions of dollars in free agency money. If he performed up to the level he is capable of, he would be re-signed.

I disagree that he's costing himself anything...his track record is way to big to ignore over one season of an inconsistent QB and offense. I think everyone sees his "lack" of effort, but that won't go against him in free agency or $$$ because everyone knows he's simply playing to his pay, I don't blame him. Now for the pathetic points he's giving me in Fantasy...he's a bum ;)

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 09:11 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2660
Donate
oak.gif
He's still shell shocked from the BIG hit he took last year....

It's so obvious he'd rather slow down on a route than finish the route when he MIGHT be exposing him self. That might work once in a while on out routes but a player will always be in harms way running an intermediate route over the middle. His current play and attitude will get him a ticket out of Philly and likely hurt his upcoming contract. On the contrary, I think he just turned 25 last night. So he's a man in a sense, but really needs to grow up mentally to ever achieve any thing relevant in the NFL.

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Robinson Crowell
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Allen Beckham
TE Bennett Allen
DST Broncos Browns
K Novack

PostPosted: Fri 12.02.2011, 09:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 6723
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
He's still shell shocked from the BIG hit he took last year....

Maybe but I think it goes deeper than that.

The guy is the consumate egotistical athlete focused on himself and grandstanding in order to get attention focused on him. It goes all the way back to high school when there are clips of him show-boating during games back then.

How many times does his ego and immaturity need to surface before people stop giving him a pass and realize that he's simply not worth the aggravation that he brings with his game? You combine that with the rumors about his off-field conduct and that he's been "lucky" to avoid being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and I question the wisdon of any team that gives him a big guaranteed contract.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next