Last night while discussing how the stadium will be paid for republicans walked away from the tables stating till we figure out how to pay for the stadium we won't have any more discussions.
The discissions they were having at the tables.....
How to pay for the new stadium.
so the timeline reads.
1.State leg ( republicans) states till we have a local partner we won't talk about a new stadium.
2. ziggy partners with Ramsey county.
3. State leg states 300 mill is all the vikings get from the state. Plan involves only 300 mill from the state.
4. State up set at road improvement costs 100 to 150 mill. those funds were promised already to ramsey county in the sum of 250 mill in the interstate 35 / 694 renewal project. state backs away from road improvement funds promised.
5. govener kills local sales tax trying to force stadium back downtown.
6. Governer will approves expansion of gamling in local bars and racino to help pay for stadium as well as divert cultural funds to help pay for stadium. Republicans call the plan drawing at straws.
7. Republicans walk away from table saying won't discuss this till next session. This has been what the state leg has said for the last 3 years.
8. Ziggy remind the state leg he is bound to this state by lease for another 60 days.
Numbers of the deal.
Ziggy 450 mill
State 300 mil
Ramsey county 300-350 mill.
vikings payroll 140 mill.
State taxes off salaries collect roughly 25mill per year
30 year lease means 750 mill collected over the lease.
Taxes per ticket $8.00 X 10 games = $80 X 65,000 ticket holders 5 mill per season x 30 years 150 mill.
Unknown is ziggys taxes paid to the state and employee taxes Guessing around 12 mill per year.
PSL taxes 350 mill x 20 mill
Stadium state input 650 mill to 700 mill. State taxes collected 920 mill
State gain off deal minimum 220 mill over 30 years.
these figures do not include beer and food tax game day sales. Parking fee taxes. home property taxes of the players. sales taxes paid by players of money spent in state. Fees paid to the state to operate a sport franchise.
Last revenue collected off a SB which minnesota would get by inputing record number of public money given to a NFL stadium. 250 mill in taxes for a week long event.
Fugg my life. 104 consecutive sell outs and the NFL leaves our state. To those that doubt it will happen. Trust me this will.