Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16
Last night while discussing how the stadium will be paid for republicans walked away from the tables stating till we figure out how to pay for the stadium we won't have any more discussions.

The discissions they were having at the tables.....

How to pay for the new stadium.

so the timeline reads.

1.State leg ( republicans) states till we have a local partner we won't talk about a new stadium.

2. ziggy partners with Ramsey county.

3. State leg states 300 mill is all the vikings get from the state. Plan involves only 300 mill from the state.

4. State up set at road improvement costs 100 to 150 mill. those funds were promised already to ramsey county in the sum of 250 mill in the interstate 35 / 694 renewal project. state backs away from road improvement funds promised.

5. govener kills local sales tax trying to force stadium back downtown.

6. Governer will approves expansion of gamling in local bars and racino to help pay for stadium as well as divert cultural funds to help pay for stadium. Republicans call the plan drawing at straws.

7. Republicans walk away from table saying won't discuss this till next session. This has been what the state leg has said for the last 3 years.

8. Ziggy remind the state leg he is bound to this state by lease for another 60 days.

Numbers of the deal.

Ziggy 450 mill
State 300 mil
Ramsey county 300-350 mill.

vikings payroll 140 mill.
State taxes off salaries collect roughly 25mill per year
30 year lease means 750 mill collected over the lease.
Taxes per ticket $8.00 X 10 games = $80 X 65,000 ticket holders 5 mill per season x 30 years 150 mill.
Unknown is ziggys taxes paid to the state and employee taxes Guessing around 12 mill per year.
PSL taxes 350 mill x 20 mill

Stadium state input 650 mill to 700 mill. State taxes collected 920 mill

State gain off deal minimum 220 mill over 30 years.

these figures do not include beer and food tax game day sales. Parking fee taxes. home property taxes of the players. sales taxes paid by players of money spent in state. Fees paid to the state to operate a sport franchise.
Last revenue collected off a SB which minnesota would get by inputing record number of public money given to a NFL stadium. 250 mill in taxes for a week long event.

Fugg my life. 104 consecutive sell outs and the NFL leaves our state. To those that doubt it will happen. Trust me this will.
Last edited by badgasman9 on Fri 06.29.2012, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 518.34
badgasman9 wrote:Last night while discussing how the stadium will be paid for republicans walked away from the tables stating till we figure out how to pay for the stadium we won't have any more discussions.

This sentence is an amazing achievement of syntax.
Megalodon
Sand$: 33,156.66
well that sucks for Viking fans

Megalodon
Rachycentron wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:Last night while discussing how the stadium will be paid for republicans walked away from the tables stating till we figure out how to pay for the stadium we won't have any more discussions.

It's amzing how stupid these people are trying to sound so intelligent.

Megalodon
Sand$: 33,156.66
actually a thought now crossed my mind, do not rule out Toronto, could be a possibility

Megalodon
Sand$: 14,498.50
jetsman2806 wrote:actually a thought now crossed my mind, do not rule out Toronto, could be a possibility

or London...
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 518.34
badgasman9 wrote:
Rachycentron wrote:

You're right. I should have said that it was an amzing achievement. Sorry for being so stupid...
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 56,651.14
Rachycentron wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
Rachycentron wrote:

You're right. I should have said that it was an amzing achievement. Sorry for being so stupid...

Bad grammar bothers me as much as anyone. Probably more. But badgasman has a lifetime pass.

Because he's funny and awesome. For a Vikings fan, anyway.

Bitter god of Monday morning
Supreme Megalodon
Also don't forget how much this would hurt local boat rentals.

And prostitutes.

Megalodon
vonbearsalot wrote:
Rachycentron wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
Rachycentron wrote:

Bad grammar bothers me as much as anyone. Probably more. But badgasman has a lifetime pass.

Because he's funny and awesome. For a Vikings fan, anyway.

Ah thanks Von. I am so tired I didn't even realize I was being attacked.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 147,221.14
They should just move to Ohio.. that state needs another dysfunctional pro-sports franchise.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,683.80
birddog wrote:They should just move to Ohio.. that state needs another dysfunctional pro-sports franchise.

How about Cincinnati?
The people are great there, and they deserve a pro team.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 57,264.08
Logic abounds in the Minnesota legislature! I think some are just trying to force the stadium to be in downtown because the businesses there have gotten all pissy that their business and property value will drop with the Vikings moving elsewhere. Guess what's going to happen on a much larger scale when they leave the state, you friggin' nut jobs! People don't want public funds to go to this project, but they don't realize how they benefit from having the Vikings around and how they will be hurt when they leave. So stupid. :F

I guess I better start deciding whether I'm going to be a Lions fan, Packers fan or Chiefs fan. :?
Supreme Megalodon
Bears aren't that far away. And we have a super likeable quarterback.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,135.50
LA Vikodins

Lohan can be part owner