Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,533.88
bjoemama2 wrote:i can't believe this team hasn't imploded yet

I have faith in Petey.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,505.92
bjoemama2 wrote:i can't believe this team hasn't imploded yet

:-k Not even close.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 12,409.06
It's a freakin' circus up there! :P
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,119.36
blind homers.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 60,902.12
Whatever dude...

The reality is that there is relatively very low hype on Matt Flynn in the Northwest. Most people view him as a stop gap upgrade from Tavaris Jackson.

The hype machine; however, is surrounding Russell Wilson. The next two years with Flynn will determine if we think Russell will pan out or if the organization needs to go in another direction.

The views expressed by xX-MaNx do not represent that of himself or his subsidiaries.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 12,409.06
xX-MaNx wrote:Whatever dude...

The reality is that there is relatively very low hype on Matt Flynn in the Northwest. Most people view him as a stop gap upgrade from Tavaris Jackson.

The hype machine; however, is surrounding Russell Wilson. The next two years with Flynn will determine if we think Russell will pan out or if the organization needs to go in another direction.

I was kidding, but not now.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:

I was talking to the post directly above mine.

The views expressed by xX-MaNx do not represent that of himself or his subsidiaries.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,505.92
xX-MaNx wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

I was talking to the post directly above mine.

#-o They were both being sarcastic.

I'm with you on Flynn, though. He's not the long term answer, and I think, based on his contract paying him only $1 million or so more than TJack, that's how Pete and John view him. If Wilson doesn't really make a statement in some way this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we see them take a QB in the 1st next year. Looks like a pretty shallow draft class next year, with the most notable depth potentially being at QB.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,421.24
pinksheets wrote:I'm with you on Flynn, though. He's not the long term answer, and I think, based on his contract paying him only $1 million or so more than TJack, that's how Pete and John view him. If Wilson doesn't really make a statement in some way this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we see them take a QB in the 1st next year. Looks like a pretty shallow draft class next year, with the most notable depth potentially being at QB.

I would. I might be biased, but I think if Flynn is given a fair shot, he will be the answer.

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,837.86
birddog wrote:I read somewhere that Doug Baldwin says he sees little if any difference between TJAX and Flynn..

Of course, I'm sure in casual no-pads pre-camp workouts they have similar accuracies.

But add a 270lb defensive end barreling down on each, and TJAX will throw a check-down to the nearest opposing linebacker.
Great White Shark
The most troubling thing about OTAs so far has been that there has been relatively no talk or hype behind Flynn at all. It makes me fairly worried...

Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,837.86
xX-MaNx wrote:The most troubling thing about OTAs so far has been that there has been relatively no talk or hype behind Flynn at all. It makes me fairly worried...

Pete Carrol is of the "less information, the better" mindset in coaches, so nothing new.

Flynn hasn't fallen out yet, despite having to both learn the playbook and mesh timing with new receivers, so that's a positive sign if anything. I'd imagine he'll gain separation during camp, with the final decision coming in pre-season.

I think Russell can be good, but no way he's playing this year.