FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 11.24.2014, 11:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 17:50 

Sand$: 48494
Donate
nyj.gif
pinksheets wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/joe-philbin-ask-matt-flynn-why-hes-in-seattle/

Quote:
“Again, you need to ask Matt Flynn why he’s in Seattle,” Philbin said. “There’s a myriad factors that go into why people make decisions about their own future, which is their prerogative. And clubs have their own prerogative as to how they are going to decide to move forward. And so again, it always takes two people to get a marriage and so I wish him well. He’s a great young man. But he’s better to ask why he’s in Seattle.”

I'm pretty sure Flynn already answered that Joe

Quote:
When it came down to it, I just felt like [Seattle] was a better situation for me. I felt it’s a program that’s really on the rise, doing the right thing, is being led by the right type of people.” - Matt Flynn

PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 17:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
Doesn't mean I don't want to hear it again. :lol:

I think Philbin's statements all but put to rest any of the 'If we wanted him we could have had him' chatter coming from some Dolphins fans and Stephen Ross, at least anything that goes beyond "we might have been crazy enough to outbid you with a Kolb type deal". Also makes me buy Flynn's answer as legitimate and more than the kind of talking up the town that would be expected from any player doing the rounds on the sports radio circuit.

PostPosted: Sun 05.27.2012, 21:36 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
According to Pro Football Weekly, Matt Flynn was "by far" the best quarterback at the Seahawks' first OTA practice open to the media.
Flynn stood out for his ability to "withstand pressure and avoid turnovers," and he remains on track to separate himself in training camp. The Seahawks have more OTAs beginning on Wednesday and lasting through Friday. It will be interesting to see whether Russell Wilson or Tarvaris Jackson's reps dwindle.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 11:27 

Donate
nyj.gif
Ruh oh

Quote:
Coach Pete Carroll said that Tarvaris Jackson currently has his nose in front of Matt Flynn for the starting quarterback job.
Jackson went 5-3 as a starter over the final eight games of last season and has much more experience in Darrell Bevell's offense. But when the dust settles, it's going to be hard for Carroll to start Jackson after the Seahawks gave Flynn $10 million guaranteed in free agency. Nothing will be decided until well into training camp.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 11:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
Might as well take a dive in 12' and get Barkley if Flynn can't beat out that cast of scrubs.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 11:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Ruh oh

Quote:
Coach Pete Carroll said that Tarvaris Jackson currently has his nose in front of Matt Flynn for the starting quarterback job.
Jackson went 5-3 as a starter over the final eight games of last season and has much more experience in Darrell Bevell's offense. But when the dust settles, it's going to be hard for Carroll to start Jackson after the Seahawks gave Flynn $10 million guaranteed in free agency. Nothing will be decided until well into training camp.

Bevell and Chili were of the same mind set. Chili never gave up on T Jax. Nor will Bevell. I can't see how Flynn doesn't emerge as the guy out of TC though.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 11:45 

Donate
nyj.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Ruh oh

Quote:

Bevell and Chili were of the same mind set. Chili never gave up on T Jax. Nor will Bevell. I can't see how Flynn doesn't emerge as the guy out of TC though.

Yeah, I think TJAX has the edge only because he knows the playbook. Still a long way to go.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 11:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Oh also when it comes to circus teams. There are a few of them.

Vikings
Phins
Jets
Raiders
Lions
Bears
Bills
Cards
SDC
Dallas
Caro
Seahawks
Rams
Redskins

What it shows is the dearth of coaching and or GM's that still have work in this league.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 12:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15639
Donate
badgasman9 wrote:

Vikings
Phins
Jets
Raiders
Lions
Bears
Bills
Cards
SDC
Dallas
Caro
Seahawks
Rams
Redskins

What it shows is the dearth of coaching and or GM's that still have work in this league.

That list needs to be cut down to about a quarter

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 12:15 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1645
Donate
oak.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:

Vikings
Phins
Jets
Raiders
Lions
Bears
Bills
Cards
SDC
Dallas
Caro
Seahawks
Rams
Redskins

Agreed. Bad team != circus team.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 12:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:

Vikings McNabb Toby Gerhart Chili 10 yard offense
Phins Reggie Bush Wildcat Ocho Philbin Ross
Jets Rex Tebow Sanchez Sex gate Running team with no RB's
Raiders To much too soon
Lions Defense acting like kindergartners
Bears GM No online QB they spent the franchise for with no WR's. Maybe this year?
Bills Defuct since Kelly
Cards Defunct since warner. Sold the franchise for Kolb then tried to land manning
SDC Al Gore and Lord of no rings
Dallas Jerruh
Caro Junk Bond defence
Seahawks on 5th QB when they could still have Hasselbeck Pete I can nail 18 year olds Caroll
Rams Total failure all around
Redskins Dan Snyder
Brown Holmgren

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 12:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
So the guy who has been playing in the system his whole career and has had an entire season with the offensive players is ahead by a nose? :roll:

Any Seahawk fan who thought Flynn was going to come in and be Drew Brees was delusional, but I have no doubt he'll win the starting job and give us markedly improved QB play.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 14:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 119157
Donate
min.gif
I read somewhere that Doug Baldwin says he sees little if any difference between TJAX and Flynn..

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 20:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37240
Donate
mia.gif
Quote:
When the Seattle Seahawks signed former Green Bay Packers quarterback Matt Flynn to a three year, $26 million contract this offseason, it was widely assumed he would take the starting quarterback job from incumbent Tarvaris Jackson.

Not so fast.

According to a report from ESPN’s John Clayton, Flynn has shown “nothing special” so far in the Seahawks’ minicamp, meaning that Jackson will enter the team’s full training camp as the team’s starter. Jackson is coming off the best season of his professional career, completing 60% of his passes for over 3,000 yards in 2011-2012.

Flynn has served as Aaron Rodgers’ backup in Green Bay since 2008. His breakthrough came in one game at the end of last season, after Green Bay had locked up home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Flynn was electric as the starter in place of Rodgers, throwing for 480 yards and six touchdowns.

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 23:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 300
Donate
i can't believe this team hasn't imploded yet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next