Packers sign Finley

Whale Shark
Sand$: 9,560.00
Jermichael Finley - TE - Packers Packers agreed to terms with TE Jermichael Finley on a two-year, $15 million contract.
The contract locks in Finley through his age-26 season, and he'll be able to test the free agent waters as a 27-year-old in 2014. The deal makes sense for each side, both financially and from the standpoint that Green Bay won't have to argue with Finley about which position he plays regarding the franchise tag. Finley, 25, finished the 2011 season with 55 catches for 767 yards and eight touchdowns. While the yardage and TD numbers were career highs, Finley has the potential to be a far better player than he showed last year. He'll be a recommended post-hype pick in 2012 fantasy drafts. Per Rotoworld.

I am happy they got this done early.

Do whatever the heck you want cause you always do anyway.
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,056.84
Crap, stone hands is back...

Sand$: 4,078.21
Good deal for the Pack

They're paying a hefty price for 2 years, but not outrageous. They get Finley for two of his prime years which gives them time to find a replacement if they so choose. With Finleys long term value a big question mark, this sounds like a smart deal.
Megalodon
Sand$: 70,934.34
At first its seems high, but I guess signing veterans is going to be more expensive.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,612.00
rugger48 wrote:At first its seems high, but I guess signing veterans is going to be more expensive.

That's one of the downsides to a young team that wins a championship. Everyone wants a payday because they're in their prime, and they think they deserve more because they have a ring to back it up.

I realize that we're in the middle of winter still, but the TE picture this year seems a bit hazy to me. Last year I had Graham top of my TE lists pretty early, but this year, I'm not sure. Can Finley take that step? Even if he can, I'm not sure I trust him to take him as high as he'll go.

ImageSig by NikeJohn
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,595.08
und2006 wrote:Crap, stone hands is back...

James Jones is insulted that you used his nickname.
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 701.20
Klivian wrote:
rugger48 wrote:At first its seems high, but I guess signing veterans is going to be more expensive.

That's one of the downsides to a young team that wins a championship. Everyone wants a payday because they're in their prime, and they think they deserve more because they have a ring to back it up.

I realize that we're in the middle of winter still, but the TE picture this year seems a bit hazy to me. Last year I had Graham top of my TE lists pretty early, but this year, I'm not sure. Can Finley take that step? Even if he can, I'm not sure I trust him to take him as high as he'll go.

If it helps, I had Finley in 2010 and 2011. I have a nasty habit of jumping on talent too early, then not taking them when they truly break out. What I'm saying is he has the ability, and he's due to come through. And I won't be taking him b/c of the asking price. i'll probably end up regretting it.

CEO: Devastation Incorporated

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 147,595.12
gotta try and keep some threats in place. Good signing I suppose.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,984.66

Well, it doesn't say how much is in year 1 vs year 2, or how much is guaranteed, so they could still test him out for another year and cut him if he doesn't shape up.

I still think he could be good in that offense. By the time he started getting involved the O-line was banged up.

Should be a decent fantasy value pick on the draft day drop after last year.

If anything, this (sadly) probably solidifies Donald Driver's release..... he's due $4.6 million, almost as much as Jennings makes.
Sand$: 4,078.21
jnadke wrote:

Well, it doesn't say how much is in year 1 vs year 2, or how much is guaranteed, so they could still test him out for another year and cut him if he doesn't shape up.

I still think he could be good in that offense. By the time he started getting involved the O-line was banged up.

If anything, this (sadly) probably solidifies Donald Driver's release..... he's due $4.6 million, almost as much as Jennings makes.

contract details

2012: $5.75 million, 2013: $3.8 million (+ $4.45 million roster bonus due in March)
Megalodon
Sand$: 70,934.34
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:

contract details

2012: $5.75 million, 2013: $3.8 million (+ $4.45 million roster bonus due in March)

looks alot better now.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 147,595.12
jnadke wrote:

Sadly old man Driver made Jennings look like a little girl vs the Giants.. would be a mistake and shame if they don't bring the man back at least with a restructured year. Under utilized all year imo and it showed when it counted. Barely saw the field.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
db45655 wrote:
und2006 wrote:Crap, stone hands is back...

James Jones is insulted that you used his nickname.

He actually dropped very few last year... Finley was 5th in the NFL.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 9,156.61
Happy Jermichael Finley Day, Cheeseheads!

enjoy your PBR, brats, cheese, and dropped passes.

OAK 34 PIT 31
Megalodon
Blzbba wrote:Happy Jermichael Finley Day, Cheeseheads!

enjoy your PBR, brats, cheese, and dropped passes.

:Drink)

Chug a PBR every time he drops a 3rd down pass... you'll be WASTED by halftime.